News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AFC Wimbledon - they are everything we're not.

Started by win-dup, May 30, 2016, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

English owners, who turn up for matches. English manager who appears to know what he's doing, and players who would die for the club. No doubt they will eclipse us in a couple of seasons time, as they did in their previous incarnation as Wimbledon FC.  Good luck to them.

bill taylors apprentice

They also do not have the status we have, the history and historic ground or the mega rich owner.

But yeh, good luck to them.

Lighthouse

We are everything they want to be. Good luck to them. But I don't buy into all this talk about how good  they are and how they will be better than us. We are in a long, drawn out slump. They are on the up.  But a few matches and suddenly it all turns around.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

If they manage to beat Wednesday tonight I wouldn't put money on them finishing below us next season.
Also I wouldn't expect any Wimbledon player wanting to make a move to the Cottage right now.

Baszab

Went to the game - reminded me of our revival in the Mickey Adams era
Players who care about their club - it's still not  FFC which is in my blood but I'm jealous of them

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on May 30, 2016, 06:39:30 PM
If they manage to beat Wednesday tonight I wouldn't put money on them finishing below us next season.
Also I wouldn't expect any Wimbledon player wanting to make a move to the Cottage right now.

Perhaps Akinfenwa would want to as they are not going to renew his contract and he's looking for a new club.
But you are probably right - no one else would want to play for Fulham now  fp.gif

Asotosyios

Quote from: win-dup on May 30, 2016, 05:22:38 PM
English owners, who turn up for matches. English manager who appears to know what he's doing, and players who would die for the club. No doubt they will eclipse us in a couple of seasons time, as they did in their previous incarnation as Wimbledon FC.  Good luck to them.

Plymouth has a Scottish manager (not sure if he knows what he's doing) and probably their players wouldn't die for the club. Hmmm...shall we wish good luck to them or not?

The Swan

Great news as they will be playing against MK Dons next season. Hopefully they can beat MK Dons and help to send them down to League Two.
The Swan

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: filham on May 30, 2016, 06:39:30 PM

You mean they wouldn't want to double or triple their wages?
Oh yes they would.
Doh !

H4usuallysitting

Yes, a very enjoyable afternoon watching Wimbledon win this afternoon..... It was a pleasure spending my money on them today

Toby Ward-Smith

It was a brilliant day at Wembley and yes AFC showed a lot of heart that we have really been lacking in recent years, however we us a higher are really where Wimbledon are aiming to be. They would love to be in our situation despite how tough it is but knowing it won't be like this forever as clubs will always go through struggles but they always have their high points and we have definitely shown that over the years! Fulham will forever be my club but AFC today showed passion that comes with a real club which isn't swayed by money and owners that love the club, which definitely doesn't come in the form of MK Dons.

Rhys Lightning 63

Aren't they making a film about this?

Try explaining to the Americans how 'a great underdog story' ends with a team being promoted to the third tier
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

Sounds like there's a club to follow for those on here who can't stand the Championship anymore.

I'll tell you one thing. I really hope that somebody televises their home match against MK Dons next season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: HatterDon on May 31, 2016, 05:17:54 AM
Sounds like there's a club to follow for those on here who can't stand the Championship anymore.

I'll tell you one thing. I really hope that somebody televises their home match against MK Dons next season.

Do people no realise that they've already played three times before?

The stories played out
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alexbishop

I was at Wembley yesterday to witness this little piece of history. What a fantastic day and an incredible achievement for the club. I have had the pleasure of meeting Ivor a couple of times and he truly loves the club so very happy for him.

I think League One will be a struggle for them next season. A lot of work to be done over the next couple of months!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Logicalman

Quote from: win-dup on May 30, 2016, 05:22:38 PM

So aren't Leicester City, but lets not split hairs regarding the nationality of their owners or manager shall we? Notwithstanding Khan seems to be elsewhere than the Cottage on match days!

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.