watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Normal Service has been resumed

Started by CorkedHat, August 18, 2010, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

England four wickets down and we haven't even reached 50 - and we elected to bat  :006:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

sipwell

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 18, 2010, 12:25:20 PM
England four wickets down and we haven't even reached 50 - and we elected to bat  :006:

If you start speaking foreign, I might as well start speaking Dutch then, shall I?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

CorkedHat

Quote from: sipwell on August 18, 2010, 12:30:36 PM

If you start speaking foreign, I might as well start speaking Dutch then, shall I?

Well you can to me Sipwell - there's a fair chance that I might know what you are talking about  :027:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

It's not the done thing to keep on winning John, got to let johnny Foreigner win sometimes, look at the Boar war :005:

HatterDon

must be time to complain about Pakistan doctoring the ball.

Seriously, what is it this summer with the batting numbers? Is the bowling that much better, or have guys just forgotten how to hit. Or, perhaps, Pakistan have suddenly remembered how to field?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Vinnieffc

Vinnieffc

177-7 - Broad and Pryor doing the biz

LBNo11

...never got into cricket, played a bit, not a bad spin and medium pace bowler according to my games teacher, but couldn't bat for toffee, and found long hours boiling in the outfield mind numbingly boring.

It's great to listen to whilst on a village green in the summer under the dappled shade of trees and with a sunday lunch and a couple of pints of Fullers draught ESB inside you.

My old buddy was a cricket coach (still is) and this little pearl of wisdom always makes me chuckle:-

1. There are two teams. One out, one in.

2. The team that's out try to get the player that's in, out.

3. When they do get him out, he goes in.

4. Then the next player goes out. As long as he's out, he's in.

5. The object is then for the team that's out to get the second player out. When they get him out, he goes in.

6. This process is repeated for each innings until the team that's out gets the team that's in all out.

7. When the whole team is out, the team that was in goes out, and the team that was out goes in.

8. Then they play a second innings until they're all out. Except one player. He remains not out.

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mrska

Yeah a good recovery..  hope the Cloud hangs around for the reply...

The Equalizer

213-7.

The way to read this is if England have a shocking start and go all out for less than 300, the chances are that Pakistan will capitulate for less than 45 runs.

I see no problem.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

The Equalizer

RidgeRider

what are you lot on about again?

Reading this thread is like reading tea leaves, I have no idea where to start.  :011:

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 18, 2010, 05:05:28 PM
what are you lot on about again?

Reading this thread is like reading tea leaves, I have no idea where to start.  :011:

Best, then, to hit the "previous" button and leave the thread to us sophisticates!  :doh:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel