https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele joins

Started by dannydog, August 18, 2010, 02:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannydog

Lighthouse

Blimey they kept it off the front page.

Fulham Football Club has today confirmed the signing of 23 year old Moussa Dembele from AZ Alkmaar on an 3 year deal that will see the player at the club until the summer of 2013.

A creative, attacking player with plenty of pace, an eye for goal and a good range of passing, Moussa Dembele has been one of the Eredivisie's most exciting players in recent seasons.

Dembele started his professional career at Germinal Beerschot before moving to Willem II in 2005. Despite the Tilburg side enduring a difficult season and finishing in the lower half of the table, Dembele weighed in with an impressive nine goals.

His performances caught the attention of AZ Alkmaar and he joined Louis van Gaal's side in the summer of 2006. He scored six goals for AZ in his first season and followed that with a fine 07/08 campaign.

However it was his magnificent performances in Alkmaar's 2008/09 title-winning season, which saw Dembele provide a number of assists and score 10 goals that confirmed him as one of the Eredivisie's prime talents.

Dembele is also a regular in the Belgium national team.

Moussa Dembele said:

'I am very happy to join Fulham and look forward to training with the team to prepare for the first home game of the season. It has always been a dream to play in the Premier League and I will make sure that I make the most of this opportunity.

'I understand that Fulham has a strong squad, so I am prepared to work hard for the Manager and take my chance to impress him, and my teammates, when the opportunities arise.'

Mark Hughes commented:

'I'm glad that we have finalised the deal with Moussa Dembele and I would like to welcome him to the Club. It is important that we go into the season with some additions to the squad that will add strength and depth to enable us to compete at a consistently high level throughout the season.

'Moussa is strong and quick and will add another dimension to our attacking options, which is important for us. I look forward to working with him, and to hopefully, a few more additions before the window closes.'

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/DembeleJoinsFulham.aspx#ixzz0wxrlE0ci
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/DembeleJoinsFulham.aspx

Dembele Joins Fulham
Wednesday 18th August 2010
Fulham FC News in association with  
Fulham Football Club has today confirmed the signing of 23 year old Moussa Dembele from AZ Alkmaar on an 3 year deal that will see the player at the club until the summer of 2013.

A creative, attacking player with plenty of pace, an eye for goal and a good range of passing, Moussa Dembele has been one of the Eredivisie's most exciting players in recent seasons.

Dembele started his professional career at Germinal Beerschot before moving to Willem II in 2005. Despite the Tilburg side enduring a difficult season and finishing in the lower half of the table, Dembele weighed in with an impressive nine goals.

His performances caught the attention of AZ Alkmaar and he joined Louis van Gaal's side in the summer of 2006. He scored six goals for AZ in his first season and followed that with a fine 07/08 campaign.

However it was his magnificent performances in Alkmaar's 2008/09 title-winning season, which saw Dembele provide a number of assists and score 10 goals that confirmed him as one of the Eredivisie's prime talents.

Dembele is also a regular in the Belgium national team.

Moussa Dembele said:

'I am very happy to join Fulham and look forward to training with the team to prepare for the first home game of the season. It has always been a dream to play in the Premier League and I will make sure that I make the most of this opportunity.

'I understand that Fulham has a strong squad, so I am prepared to work hard for the Manager and take my chance to impress him, and my teammates, when the opportunities arise.'

Mark Hughes commented:

'I'm glad that we have finalised the deal with Moussa Dembele and I would like to welcome him to the Club. It is important that we go into the season with some additions to the squad that will add strength and depth to enable us to compete at a consistently high level throughout the season.

'Moussa is strong and quick and will add another dimension to our attacking options, which is important for us. I look forward to working with him, and to hopefully, a few more additions before the window closes

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/DembeleJoinsFulham.aspx#ixzz0wxs0rVAV

mrska

Just beat me to it Lighthouse!!

sipwell

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can't keep my eyes dry atm.

Even though I don't like the new shirt at all, can I do something else but buy it?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Good stuff, lets add a few others too!

Lighthouse

Shows how starved we are of Fulham news. While I am anyway. I grab onto the Hughes Quote 'Hopefully a few more' .

SmithyFFC

about bloody time.

hopefully more to follow :clap_hands:
FTID

LordNelson

Although I am pleased, I can't help but wonder, "This is it?"
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Mr Sipwell, is this guy a Murphy replacement then rather than a striker?

sipwell

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on August 18, 2010, 03:15:09 PM
Mr Sipwell, is this guy a Murphy replacement then rather than a striker?

Don't think so. He's too offensive to be a Murphy replacement and he has never played in that position before. A good ol' left winger, that's what he is ;-)

(starting my second box of kleenex)

Tktd

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 18, 2010, 03:22:53 PM
Check out this article, compares him to Zidane!

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/the-best-player-in-the-eredivisie-2008-2009/3910/

If we have just signed the player that this article describes then I'm pumped! It was written 1 yr and 3 months ago, in which anything could've happened.

Lighthouse

Interesting to see where he plays for us. Left side as a wide player or more in the Gera role of playing behind BZ.

sipwell

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/the-best-player-in-the-eredivisie-2008-2009/3910/

Problem is that he was exceptional in that year. Big clubs were lining up for him (Milan, Madrid, ManU) and he was rated at € 9 million. His progress slumped considerably last year (hence the "low" price paid for him now) and he has been slightly underperforming. I am pretty sure though that a new environment (team + players) and a new competition will do him a lot of good.

Also funny that he is now once more playing with an Elm brother :D

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on August 18, 2010, 03:41:51 PM

Problem is that he was exceptional in that year. Big clubs were lining up for him (Milan, Madrid, ManU) and he was rated at € 9 million. His progress slumped considerably last year (hence the "low" price paid for him now) and he has been slightly underperforming. I am pretty sure though that a new environment (team + players) and a new competition will do him a lot of good.

Also funny that he is now once more playing with an Elm brother :D

Lets hope that his slump was more down to the change in manager and financial difficulties than his own talent. If he regains previous form then we may have a bargain.

richardhkirkando

Our next purchase should be a lens hood for the fulhamfc.com new signing camera.

Tom

Good signing and he should make us better with more scoring punch. Also a young player for the future. We got younger today and I know some people like to see that.
Fulham for life!

Airfix

NorthernWhite

I asked a mate of mine (Ajax supporter) what he thought of him and it was very positive. He also has him down as more of a winger than a striker at this time but with the right coaching, could be an effective striker:-

I like Dembele. I hoped Ajax would have bought him by now, but Ajax is broke ( paying Jol's salary ain't easy )
He's very fast, and skilful. Strong as well, so he should fit in well in the Premier League.
He definitely needs to work on his finishing.  Right now he's more of a winger than a centre forward. 
But he's still young, and has a lot of potential to get better.  I think you will enjoy having him on your side.