watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What Did You Make Of Dembele?

Started by White Noise, August 22, 2010, 06:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Dembele impressed me considering he arrived under a week ago. Think he gives us some power in that position. Could potentially do a job in the Zamora role.

I thought Clint was poor, I know he is not a lazy player but there were a few occasions where he didnt close down the player despite being a few yards from them. I also am not a fan of some of his more speculative long range shooting ( and yes I realise that he does score from outside the box occasionally).

CaliforniaFFC

Fearing the wrath of Epsom Raver as I was not at the match today but at home watching it on the box... my opinion is Demebele looked alright since he has only been with the club a short time but his couple of tasty plays - the short run where he beat 3 manure players and that little backheel flick to Zamora - makes me feel that he will have a lot to offer over time. Different player to Dempsey obviously and a good change late in the game to try to get the 3 points. Also should have got us a penalty. Walton was clearly in line with th play, saw it and just ignored it. He almost did the same for the Duff handball but after hesistating he remembered it would be for manure and quickly pointed to the spot. winker!

Tom

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on August 22, 2010, 06:27:17 PM
Definite pen against anyone else and I like M.Hughes thinking. Put him on with a reasonable amount of time to play, against Man U on his debut. Get on there and show us what you've got ! Very positive.
We did get robbed of a penalty when he got pulled down in the box. I don't know how the refs missed that and didn't give us a shot. We could have won this game and taken all 3 points.
Fulham for life!

bigalffc

He looked good and could be cover for left wing as well as striker/forward don't think he'll replace demps or zamoro though.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: bigalffc on August 22, 2010, 10:47:53 PM
He looked good and could be cover for left wing as well as striker/forward don't think he'll replace demps or zamoro though.

lol cover? He was brought in for £5 million, not to be 'cover'. I predict he'll be Zamo's regular partner

jarv

Could be the new Saha for Fulham.

Tom

Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: jarv on August 22, 2010, 11:24:41 PM

So he'll start of brillant, been injured on and off for ages, have a brillant season were hes banging them in and goes to United?
Nice.
FTID

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 22, 2010, 11:58:05 PM
Quote from: jarv on August 22, 2010, 11:24:41 PM

So he'll start of brillant, been injured on and off for ages, have a brillant season were hes banging them in and goes to United?
Nice.
If man u want him next season it will mean he has had a great season, probably meaning we have had a great season, obviously he'll be much more than £ 5 million, so we win either way . COYWS.

sipwell

Quote from: Andy Crysell on August 22, 2010, 06:17:25 PM
I agree WN.  He couldn't have done much better.  I know it's early to call, but he looks class.  And how was that NOT a pen against him when he was having his shirt yanked off his back............anyone?

That has been his "problem" all of his career so far. He never wants to "fall down" even if he is entitled to a penalty. He rather stays on his feet and makes the best out of it. Sparky will have to learn him: if you cannot do anything with a chance but you can get a rightful penalty, just go down.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

sipwell

Also, quoting a Belgian newspaper, Dembélé says:

I am satisfied with my performance today. We played a good game and the team had a positive result. [...] I thought: when I can play a good game against ManU, it would be a sign of my future performance in the Prem. The pace of the game was higher than I'm used to, but I'll manage and I'll work on it.

He is very happy with his new club:
The players have welcomed me, so that makes it easier to adjust myself. I am very happy with the current situation and enormously graceful to the club, the players and the staff.

You haven't seen the best of him yet:
It is important for me to collect minutes at this stage. In the build-up with AZ, I only played one game vs. an amateur team. I am not ready yet to play a full 90 minutes but I am grateful to the coach for letting me play 30 minutes. I hope I can get some extra minutes versus Port Vale.

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=DMF20100822_073

A modest, intelligent Belgian. Fabulous
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

WHITEwitch

Quote from: White Noise on August 22, 2010, 06:14:06 PM
Big strong boy isn't he?

Looks very composed and a good footballing brain.

He is going to cause problems this season and he looked confident and linked up well despite only having one training session.

I particularly liked the way Vidic bounced off him like a surfboarder going up against the Queen Mary.

My favourite position for Vidic is on the ground and writhing in agony.  I'm just behind the press box now so have the added bonus of seeing the replays on their screens - his 'performance' in the first half was based on a slight graze which barely touched him. 

Also disgruntled of Dorking over the blatant shirt stripping of Moussa which should have been a penalty in any other game except one where Ferguson is watching his ref.

I don't agree with the pundits who thought we were carrying on where Woy left off - I saw quite a few tweaks to make us tougher - mostly the reincarnation of Dickson.  I also don't think Dempsey was in Van der Saars sight line by accident. 

Overall  I walked back through the park feeling hopeful and happy.

Tom

Quote from: WHITEwitch on August 23, 2010, 09:07:40 AM
Quote from: White Noise on August 22, 2010, 06:14:06 PM
Big strong boy isn't he?

Looks very composed and a good footballing brain.

He is going to cause problems this season and he looked confident and linked up well despite only having one training session.
I also don't think Dempsey was in Van der Saars sight line by accident. 
Totally agree. Give Dempsey a huge asst on that goal.
Fulham for life!