more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (02/03/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 02, 2017, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham attacker may miss the rest of the season

Fulham attacker Lucas Piazon could have played his last game for the club this season after undergoing surgery on a fractured jaw according to Get West London.

The 23-year-old Sao Paulo born playmaker joined The Whites in August from Premier League leaders Chelsea on a loan deal which was recently extended until the end of the season.

Piazon fractured his jaw during the first half of Fulham's 2-2 draw at Cardiff City on Saturday and was replaced by Neeskens Kebano in the 25th minute of the match. Following assessment of the injury, it has been confirmed that the Brazilian frontman will miss at least the next eight weeks of action while surgery on the injury was swiftly arranged for Piazon.

The player is a product of the Chelsea academy system however Piazon has made just three senior appearances for The Blues with his last outing coming in a Premier League fixture against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge in December 2012.

Piazon has been loaned out to Malaga, Vitesse Arnhem, Eintract Frankfurt and Reading in recent seasons prior to his latest loan spell at Craven Cottage.

The attacker has played an important role for Fulham this season with the player netting six goals in 25 appearances in all competitions for The Whites and his lengthy absence is a huge blow for Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

http://the72.co.uk/76386/fulham-attacker-may-miss-rest-season/

WhiteJC

Exclusive - Former Fulham goalkeeper Kasey Keller says Roy Hodgson would be ideal replacement for Claudio Ranieri at Leicester City

Roy Hodgson would be an excellent managerial appointment for Leicester City, according to former Foxes goalkeeper Kasey Keller.

The 69-year-old has reportedly held talks over replacing Claudio Ranieri, who was axed last week with the Premier League champions in danger of dropping into the Championship.

Hodgson has been out of the game since leaving his post as England manager last summer after a humiliating Euro 2016 exit at the hands of Iceland.

Leicester fans do not appear to be too excited at the prospect of him taking charge of their club, but Keller insists he is exactly the type of experienced figurehead they need if they are retain their top-flight status.

Keller, the former US international goalkeeper, was at Fulham in the 2007/08 season when Hodgson masterminded the club's great escape from relegation.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: "Roy is a very honest individual - you know where you stand from day one. He is also a manager that is willing to change his mind.

"He comes in with a very sensible game plan, he is willing to make adjustments, but he also comes in with an unbelievable wealth of experience.

"There is great reason why he has been as successful as he has for so many years years.

"Obviously, a lot of England fans were disappointed with the European Championship. But if you are a Leicester fan and thinking the Leicester ownership are looking at Roy Hodgson, you are looking at a man that has been able to pull teams out of the relegation zone.

"He has got teams to overachieve. Look at what Fulham did, look at what West Brom did, when he was in charge of them.

"He is a guy that comes with a great pedigree. Every manager who has been in the game as long as Roy Hodgson has is going to have situations where it worked and situations where it didn't, but he has had far more that worked than didn't."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-former-fulham-goalkeeper-kasey-keller-says-roy-hodgson-would-be-ideal-replacement#Lw5UWoUKLZ2sFoh4.99

WhiteJC

The Tony Gale Column

It would have been nice to close the gap more than we did at the weekend, but it's not a bad point considering the run that Cardiff have been on. They've got the best record of any Championship side in 2017 so we can't be too disheartened, but any other time we'd probably be disappointed not to win, considering what our aspirations are for the remainder of the season. Prior to Cardiff we managed to get three wins on the bounce, and that's the sort of thing we need to make a habit of if we're going to crack the Play-Off spots. That's easier said than done, of course, but loads of teams have done it in past years and forced their way into those positions, and that's what we've got to do.

We welcome Preston North End to the Cottage on Saturday, and that will be a difficult one as they're just a point below us in the standings. I think Simon Grayson has done a great job, and is one of the understated managers of the Championship. For what they've got, budgetary-wise, he's done one of the best jobs in the division. They sort of go under the radar a little bit but have quietly gone about picking up plenty of points. If you'd have said at the start of the season which teams you thought might struggle and maybe go down, they would have been one of the ones you'd have chosen. But, in fact, they're closer to the top of the league and are in and around us at the moment, so Simon's done a really good job. One of the managers of the season, I would say.

A lot of people are talking about Aiden McGeady at the moment as he's putting in some dazzling performances on loan from Everton. I don't think his time at Everton was as successful as he would have liked, which is a shame. He's one of these lads that's got really quick feet and, on his day, can upset anyone. When he looks back on his career he'd have liked to have had more starts, but going to a club like Preston he'll certainly get that. So it's been a good move all round that one, and Simon will be hoping that he can continue his good form against us. He can beat a player by going right or left, so he's one of those that you've got to get close to and get him off his game early on, don't let him settle or get into a groove. You don't want him on the ball too much, so we've got to cut off the supply.

We're at home again on Tuesday with a tasty game against Leeds, and Garry Monk is another one who will be up there with Simon Grayson as a contender for Manager of the Year. With the high expectations that Leeds have, none of his predecessors really managed to get them to where they wanted to be. Garry has managed to generate a team spirit and a style of play similar to what he implemented at Swansea. He's got them playing some really good football at times, and has set them alight really after a few tough years at Elland Road. They had a good win in their local derby against Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend. I saw a lot of that game and was impressed by them, so I think it will be a really good match at the Cottage next week. The Leeds fans who are travelling are a noisy old bunch, so there will be a great atmosphere as hopefully that will bring the best out of the Fulham supporters.

Chris Wood has really found his feet at Leeds this season, and 23 goals by the end of February is some return. He took his goal on Saturday really well as it was a difficult touch to get it under control. It pitched up horribly for him on the half volley but he controlled it and put it away before the 'keeper could really set himself. He looks much sharper this season, he looks leaner and fitter. Garry's presence seems to have had a good effect on him as he really seems at the races this season, and we'll have to be wary of him.

Tickets for Saturday's game against Preston are available to buy on General Sale, with kids tickets available for £1 in all areas of the ground.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/01/the-tony-gale-column

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic targets Premier League with Fulham: "If I'm successful, I could stay here 10 years"

Exclusive: Fulham boss says next five fixtures will be key to club's play-off hopes

Premier League dream: Jokanovic hopes to challenge Pochettino and Conte in the coming years

For the past decade Slavisa Jokanovic and Fulham have been looking for some stability but that search appears to be over.

When Jokanovic signed a two-year extension to his contract last week, it ended a period of uncertainty for the coach and the club.

The past 10 years has not been easy for either of them. Since Chris Coleman was fired in 2007, Fulham have employed eight different managers.

Meanwhile, Jokanovic has been hired by seven clubs during that time — Fulham being his last port of call when appointed on an 18-month deal in December 2015.   

Both want to be competing in English football's top tier and they clearly feel it can be achieved together.

As Jokanovic sat down with Standard Sport to discuss his ambitions for the club, the Serbian, who played 48 times for Yugoslavia, believes a significant breakthrough has been made.

"Stability is important in football, for the club and the manager," Jokanovic said. "I won't criticise what happened at Fulham in the past.

"But being at so many clubs for me was sometimes hard professionally, even though it provided experience and a good challenge.

"I signed a new contract and this is positive. People now know this guy is going to stay here and the players know they have to keep pushing to play.

"For the people who are satisfied with what's going on, it's good news for them. For those less satisfied and are thinking 'this guy is going to move on' they now know this isn't going to happen and they must change, push harder.

"It's good for me, good for the people working in the club and for the players. The situation is now clear for everyone."

Jokanovic is no stranger to the capital. He played for Chelsea between 2000-2002 and was coach at Watford for a year, leading them to the Premier League in 2015 only to surprisingly depart when his contract expired.

The 48-year-old loves being back in London and said: "I am very happy where I am, with Fulham, with the city, with my professional and personal life.

"Obviously, it's a results business but if I am successful then I expect to stay beyond the contract I have. I could stay here 10 years, I'm still a young man for this profession.

"London feels like a home from home to me.

"I lived in different places before but now I live in Esher, where generally everything is half an hour away and I am close enough to Fulham to watch all the Academy games.

"When I have time to meet my friends socially, I tend to go where I went 17 years ago as a Chelsea player — Fulham Road, King's Road, Sloane Square and Knightsbridge. This is London for me."

It says a lot about his impact at Fulham that he has been nominated alongside Chelsea boss Antonio Conte and Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino for the Manager of the Year at the London Football Awards tomorrow night.

Jokanovic will attend the awards, which provide funds for Willow — the only national charity providing Special Days for seriously ill 16-40-year-olds.

While he is flattered to be challenging the duo for personal honours, his dream is to beat them in the Premier League soon.

"Obviously my job is different to theirs," said Jokanovic. "It would be arrogant for me to start comparing myself to people who are working at the top English clubs. I am competing with coaches at my level.

"Hopefully, in the future I will have an opportunity to have a real fight with these people. I have been here 14 months and we have made many steps but there is a lot we can improve on."

After keeping the club up last season, Jokanovic has taken Fulham, who have a game in hand, to within five points of Sheffield Wednesday in sixth place.

Apart from re-introducing the passing style that Fulham fans crave, the former midfielder has improved how things are done at the club.

With the backing of £6.5million investment from owner Shahid Khan, training pitches were upgraded.

The first team now stay together at hotels the night before home games, while Jokanovic has also altered what occurs at meal times. Not only has the food on offer been changed — with more focus on quality and healthy ingredients — but also how the group meet to eat when at the training ground.

He said: "Many people work here and sometimes it would get so busy, I noticed some of my players would turn around and go home.

"I have arranged that for at least 30 minutes we are alone, that we are all together and the players talk to each other. It is good for team spirit."

So with 13 matches remaining, how good are Fulham's chances of reaching the play-offs and winning promotion in his first full season? "After the international break later this month, we will have a better idea what our position is," he said.

"We have five games before then, four of which are at home.

"This is an important period and we must play with ambition and energy. Then we can make one last push."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-targets-premier-league-with-fulham-if-im-successful-i-could-stay-here-10-years-a3478876.html

WhiteJC

Kids For A Quid

Fulham's junior fans can attend Saturday's match with Preston North End at Craven Cottage for just £1!

These tickets are available across all four stands and will remain the same price on matchday. Advance adult tickets start from £25 for this fixture.

Fulham goalkeeper David Button is hoping to see as many youngsters at the game as possible, telling the official website: "Kids for £1 is obviously a great initiative that the Club do.

"It gets young fans at the game and hopefully we can put on a good show for them and create a few fans that want to keep coming back.

"It's always nice to play at home in front of the Fulham fans so with four out of the next five games at home I think it's going to be really important for us to stamp our authority and get the crowd behind us."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/01/kids-for-a-quid

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic highlights how Fulham can break into the top-six

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic believes the coming month will be vital to his side's chances of making the Sky Bet Championship Play-Offs at the end of the season, reports the London Evening Standard.

The Cottagers currently sit seventh in the Championship table, five-points behind sixth placed Sheffield Wednesday, with just 13 fixtures of the current season remaining.

Speaking to the Evening Standard, Jokanovic was asked what he thought of Fulham's chances of a top-six finish, he said: "After the international break later this month, we will have a better idea what our position is.

"We have five games before then, four of which are at home.

"This is an important period and we must play with ambition and energy. Then we can make one last push."

Following Sheffield Wednesday's defeat to Leeds United last Saturday, Fulham were left disappointed after they failed to take advantage of their rival dropping points, as they were held to a 2-2 draw with Cardiff City.

Fulham's next five games will be vital in their quest for the Play-Offs, Jokanovic's side host Preston North End and Leeds in the next seven days, before a trip to St James' Park to play Newcastle United.

The Cottagers then finish the month with home fixtures against struggling Blackburn Rovers and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/slavisa-jokanovic-highlights-how-fulham-can-break-into-the-top-six/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic urges Ryan Sessegnon to stay at Fulham as Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham keep tabs

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has urged Ryan Sessegnon to ignore lucrative contract offers from top clubs and remain at Craven Cottage.

The 16-year-old is one of the most sought after teenagers in world football after breaking into the Fulham first team this season.

Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and both Manchester clubs have shown an interest in this country, while Bayern Munich, Juventus, Red Bull Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund are also monitoring the situation.

Sessegnon is still on a youth contract, but will automatically be given his first professional deal by Fulham in May when he turns 17.

That won't stop clubs trying to acquire him in the summer, but Jokanovic has told the Roehampton-born youngster that playing regularly at the Championship club is more important than earning riches from  a big move.

He told Standard Sport: "In my opinion Ryan will earn a lot of money in his life, but he should just enjoy his first days as a professional with us now, at this level. In the future, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he will be at the highest level. In front of him is something like 18-20 years as a professional and it is better for him to go step by step.

"Ryan and those around him need support to make the best decision. From my side, the best thing is for him to stay with us, keep going in this learning process and keep preparing for a more important step."

Fulham have lost one of their prize assets on the cheap before, when Moussa Dembele's contract ran out and he joined Celtic for just £500,000 last summer.

When asked if Fulham will definitely keep Sessegnon, Jokanovic said: "This is a job for the club. I can only tell him that he will improve if he works and stays with us. This is how I will try to convince him to stay with the club.

"He is a quiet lad, but his mind is clear. He is focused on improving  and being ready for the games in front of us."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-urges-ryan-sessegnon-to-stay-at-fulham-as-chelsea-arsenal-and-tottenham-keep-tabs-a3479161.html

WhiteJC

Leeds United hit the road as they look to cash in on big win

Having come through their big test against promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday it is onto back to back away games now for Leeds United as they look to cement their place in the EFL Championship play-off places.

The 1-0 success against the Owls kept United ahead of them in the league and the importance of the victory could be seen in that they now have a three-point advantage over Wednesday as well as a better goal difference.

The win also lifted the Whites above Reading into fourth place and crucially they now have an eight-point cushion ahead of Fulham in seventh place, although the Londoners do have a game in hand and they are Leeds' opponents next week.

Next Tuesday's game at Craven Cottage is shaping up to be one of the most important left for United this season with Fulham currently the team in the best form of those just outside the play-off spots.

They play some quality passing football and will offer a big threat with many Leeds fans rating them as possibly the best visiting side to come to Elland Road this season when they played there back in August and were unlucky only to draw.

United got what could turn out to be a valuable point that night when Chris Wood scored an equaliser deep into stoppage time to give them a 1-1 draw they had scarcely looked like achieving after former Leeds junior Tom Cairney had scored for the visitors.

Cairney has developed into a top notch number 10 and carries probably Fulham's biggest threat as he has scored three times against United.

He admitted to being extra motivated when playing against the Whites, saying: "What happened does motivate me.

"I had been there from the age of seven. I gave a lot to the club, but I was tiny and struggling. My parents were telling them, 'He just needs time to grow and everything will catch up' but they released me. I must admit, I shed a tear. It hurt for a long time.

"I went from Leeds academy to Hull, which was a complete reality check. I wasn't playing against teams like Manchester United at youth level any more, but it turned into a blessing in disguise. I made my Premier League debut a couple of years later with Hull.

"As for Leeds, I have scored on my last three visits there."

Before thinking about Fulham, Monk's men must concentrate on another away game first this Friday night when they go to Birmingham City.

Down in 14th place, they have had a mixed season and have suffered since the surprise sacking of manager Gary Rowett with his successor, Gianfranco Zola, having a tough time.

He enjoyed his second win as manager, however, last Saturday after only one success in the previous 12 matches so it could be a rejuvenated team the Whites are up against and they do not have a great recent record against Birmingham.

Leeds could have left-back Charlie Taylor back for the game after head coach Garry Monk confirmed he had returned to full training. Whether he earns selection over Gaetano Berardi, who has done a good job in his absence, will be a tricky decision, however.

Monk, meanwhile, is continuing to do sound out the one game at a time message despite the importance of the win over Sheffield Wednesday.

He said: "We are all aware of where we are in the league, but we can only focus on the next three points.

"There is still a lot of football still to play this season, we are in a good position and doing well, but we can't take our eye off the ball now."

http://www.morleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-hit-the-road-as-they-look-to-cash-in-on-big-win-1-8415524

WhiteJC

Kit man making a Gentry return

Alan Ball Snr and his Preston North End squad

Preston's Gentry are getting ready to turn out in force at Fulham on Saturday and one of them will be sat in the away dug out.

PNE kit man and lifelong supporter Steve Cowell saw every game of the 1970/71 Third Division title-winning season when Alan Ball Snr christened North End fans as the 'Gentry'.

Cowell was a teenager in that memorable season which saw Preston dramatically beat already-promoted Fulham at Craven Cottage in the penultimate game of the season and then win the title three days later by beating Rotherham at Deepdale. "I went to every game that season with my best friend John Tracey," said Cowell.

"We would hitchhike, go on the coach or train, one way or another we got there.

"It was the first time Preston had been relegated to the Third Division and the board appointed Alan Ball.

"He had done wonders at Halifax and they were one of our promotion rivals that 
season because of the work Ball had done there.

"A few years ago I went to a reunion which the squad had and the players told me that Ball got them incredibly fit.

"We had two good strikers in Gerry 
Ingram and Bobby Ham, and slowly and surely, the results came.

"Ball called us the Gentry and some fans started wearing bowler hats and crombie coats for matches.

"I remember at Fulham lots of lads walking by the Thames to Craven Cottage dressed up to the nines.

"Fulham was the natural choice for Gentry Day this year and let's hope that history can repeat itself with a win."

For previous Gentry Days, Cowell has been in the away end but this time will take his place on the bench.

He said: " I told Jordan Hugill that when he scored at Bolton last year, I was behind the goal wearing bowler hat.

"The lads are all interested in Gentry Day and how it all came about."

Read more at: http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/kit-man-making-a-gentry-return-1-8415816

WhiteJC

On-loan Fulham man Lasse Vigen Christensen admits he was initially surprised at Burton Albion loan
The 22-year-old was loaned out to Burton along with Cauley Woodrow in the January Transfer Window and the Dane admitted he was initially surprised at the move

Rare appearance: Lasse Vigen Christensen against Newcastle (Photo: Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

On-loan Fulham man Lasse Vigen Christensen admits he was surprised to be loaned out to Championship strugglers Burton Albion, despite not having started all season at the Cottage.

The 22-year-old Danish midfielder joined Nigel Clough's side in the January transfer window, along with fellow Fulham man Cauley Woodrow in deals until the end of the season.

Christensen hadn't featured for Slavisa Jokanovic's side since September but has been used regularly in Clough's side and nearly scored in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Blackburn when his 20-yard effort somehow managed to hit both posts and stay out.

He told Burton Albion Player: "To me it was surprising, I expected to be more involved and obviously felt like I had a role like most players do but that is football sometimes.

"This season I've done everything I can and have worked as hard as I can to become a better player and I didn't get a chance to show that at Fulham but now I have the opportunity to come here (Burton) and play every week.

"The gaffer here trusts me to go and play my football and I'm really enjoying that at the moment."

The 22-year-old, who has made six appearances for Burton since signing on loan, is now enjoying his time in the north and believes he can now prove himself to the most important person - himself.

He added: "It was a tough six months at Fulham but that is in the past now so right now I am just focusing on doing everything I can here and and enjoying the support from both the gaffer and the team mates.

"Every day in professional football is about proving yourself to someone, but most importantly yourself I think.

"For me I've had a few seasons where I've felt like I wanted to do more and for different reasons I haven't been able to kick on from when I first got into the Fulham team so for me it's about proving to myself I can still go out and make a difference at this level.

"I've always believed I could but showing it and getting an opportunity to do it is a different thing.

"I think for both me and Cauley (Woodrow) we haven't featured as much and we've been quite mentally strong to keep going and working hard for this opportunity to arise."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loan-fulham-man-lasse-vigen-12675512

WhiteJC

Kait's New Deal

The Club is pleased to announce that Mattias Kait has signed a contract extension which keeps him at Fulham until the summer of 2019.

This is the Estonian international's third season with the Whites and he follows in the footsteps of fellow youngsters Stephen Humphrys and Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson by putting pen to paper this year.

The attacking midfielder has been a regular in Peter Grant's side in the PL2 and Premier League Cup this season.

"I'm very happy to be extending my time with Fulham FC," Kait told the official website. "My first aim of course is to get to the First Team squad.

"Training with them, getting onto the bench, and then getting my debut. That's my first aim and then we will see what happens.

"Getting the contract has given me a lot of confidence so it's a very good thing for me. I hope it is a reflection of how well I've been playing."

Asked whether seeing teammates being given a chance with in Slaviša Jokanović's senior setup gives him added incentive or focus, Kait stated: "It does to be fair, because even Sess [Ryan Sessegnon] is still not even 17 now.

"I see my teammates being promoted to the First Team, and I think why not, it can be anyone so I just need to keep working hard and maybe my time will come as well."

Academy Director Huw Jennings added: "We're always pleased to offer players who we brought to the Club an opportunity to extend their agreement.

"When we sat down and thought about his long term future we took the view that we would like to offer him a considerable extension to his existing agreement to give him every opportunity to show that he can create a pathway to the First Team.

"I think that particularly when you look at Mattias' potential, he played for his national team, when he's played for the Under-23s he's often been heavily involved in assists and goals, and everyone can see that he's got potential to make good progress.

"We know that Mattias has excellent athletic potential and we are now seeing this attribute on the pitch in U23 games."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/01/kaits-new-deal

WhiteJC

Callum Robinson Wants A Gentry Day Repeat

Callum Robinson is looking for more of the same this Gentry Day away at Fulham, hoping the team can get all three points and help give the fans another reason to celebrate.

In last season's Gentry Day fixture, goals from Jordan Hugill and Marnick Vermijl gave the Lilywhites the three points and the bragging rights against Bolton Wanderers in a 2-1 win.

While celebrating Marnick Vermijl's winner four minutes from time, Robinson was pictured donning one of the fan's bowler hats.

Robinson reflected on the match and is hoping to repeat the result at Craven Cottage on Saturday, saying: "I really enjoyed my first one last season down at Bolton. It worked out really well for us in the end, with the 2-1 win.

"I put the hat on to make the fans happy. Someone must have thrown it down and I saw it and put it on.

"I'm really looking forward to this Saturday and hopefully we can make it another special Gentry Day.

"I think it is nice for the fans to have a day like that and we were really happy we could get the win on that day last year.

"Hopefully we can get a win for all of those who are travelling down this Saturday."

This year the fans are making extraordinary effort to celebrate Gentry Day with almost 3,000 supporters making the 460-mile round trip.

They are driving, taking trains and some have even organised a boat to take them down the River Thames. Robinson is looking to help fans enjoy the day even more with a win.

"I didn't know about a boat! It's good to hear for us boys, that we have got the backing and the support.

"When we are on the pitch hopefully we can deliver for them, make them happy and let them enjoy their evening after the game."

The Cottagers are one point above North End in the Championship table with a game in hand and the fixture is the first of several key games coming up against teams also challenging for a Play-Off spot this season.

On the match against Fulham, Robinson feels that the strength the team have shown recently, in coming from behind to win against QPR and Brentford, sets the team up well for this weekend.

"We have had a good few games now, getting the points. We have been quiet with our business but getting it done.

"Hopefully we can go down there, you could call it a six pointer, if we can get the result.

"If we can go there and get the three points that would be massive, then onto Derby and Reading.

"We have three big games, hopefully we can get the result and show the belief us guys have got in the changing room.

"If we get three wins that would show our character and demonstrate we can do something this season."

Read more at http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/2016-17/preston-north-ends-callum-robinson-on-gentry-day-at-fulham-3602265.aspx#Wp2gHLetGZhdlh6w.99

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney: Fulham captain hails boss Slavisa Jokanovic

Tom Cairney has had a hand in 16 of Fulham's 56 league goals this season, scoring seven and assisting nine

Fulham captain Tom Cairney says boss Slavisa Jokanovic deserves recognition for improving the club's fortunes.

The Whites are challenging for the Championship play-offs after finishing 20th last season under the Serb, who took charge in December 2015.

Jokanovic, 48, signed a new contract until 2019 on 23 February.

"The manager and the staff have got to take a lot of credit. He has stabilised the club and transformed the way we play," Cairney, 26, told BBC London.

"The fans are enjoying our style of football and the club have given him a new contract, which is great to see."

Fulham are seventh in the table, five points behind Sheffield Wednesday and with a game in hand on the Owls.

The west London club are looking to return to the Premier League for the first time since their relegation from the top flight in 2014.

"The play-offs are definitely within our grasp," midfielder Cairney added.

"I think we've got enough ability in the squad, and the right staff in place, to creep into the top six.

"It could go down to the wire as we play Sheffield Wednesday away in our last game of the season. If it does, it will be an amazing game to be involved in."

Slavisa Jokanovic (right) has won 25 of his 62 games in charge of Fulham

Cairney's form this season has been crucial to Fulham's play-off bid, with the former Hull and Blackburn man scoring seven goals and making nine assists in 32 league appearances.

His form has seen him nominated for the English Football League Player of the Year prize at the London Football Awards, alongside team-mate Sone Aluko.

"It is a massive achievement," Cairney said. "To be nominated on the shortlist is fantastic. I am really proud, as are my family.

"I really enjoy playing with Sone. If one of us win it it will be great for Fulham - but hopefully it will be me."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39134148

WhiteJC

Leeds on Booking History

Owing to the Putney End now sold out, supporters are advised that tickets for Fulham's midweek encounter with Leeds United on Tuesday 7th March (7:45pm) are now only available to Season Ticket Holders, Members and supporters with a Booking History.

Supporters can purchase online at fulhamfc.com/tickets - when logged in to their account - by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/01/leeds-booking-history

WhiteJC

Thinking ahead: 2 possible replacements for Fulham's Tom Cairney if he departs

Fulham are currently enjoying a very good season under boss Slavisa Jokanovic, and find themselves sitting in seventh place, just five points behind Sheffield Wednesday who currently occupy the last play-off spot.

One player who has been integral to Fulham's strong season so far is talisman Tom Cairney.

The 26-year-old has enjoyed a fantastic season so far, netting seven league goals as well as contributing a further nine assists for the team.

His good form saw him attract interest from numerous clubs in the January transfer window including front runners Newcastle United, and their is no doubt that plenty of interest will re-surface throughout the summer.

In total, Cairney has netted 15 times in 77 appearances for Fulham and would be a huge loss if he were to depart Craven Cottage.

This article is going to think ahead and take a look at TWO possible replacements for the midfield maestro should he leave the club this summer...

Jermaine Anderson

Jermaine Anderson is certainly one of the hottest properties in League One, after consistently impressing for Peterborough United over the past few seasons, and is someone who Fulham should be taking a serious interest in, should Tom Cairney depart the club.

The former Arsenal trainee has already made made over 70 appearances for The Posh, and possesses both the physical and technical attributes to comfortably make the step up to the second tier.

Anderson is a technically gifted midfielder who is very comfortable on the ball, he has a great range of passing but is also not afraid of a tackle and will stick his foot in when needed.

His potential has been recognised at international level with Anderson being capped by England at both under-18 and under 20 level.

Max Power

Another potential replacement Fulham could choose to look at is Wigan Athletic man Max Power.

The midfield man has already made close to 80 appearances for Wigan and has become a key figure for gaffer Warren Joyce, who is likely to do everything in his power to keep Power at the Latics for as long as possible.

The 23-year-old former Tranmere Rovers man isn't certain to be plying his trade in the Championship next year, as his current side find themselves embroiled in a serious relegation dog fight.

Power is a big, strong. dominant midfielder and is someone who can dictate the tempo of a game, something current Fulham man Cairney is brilliant at.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/thinking-ahead-2-possible-replacements-for-fulhams-tom-cairney-if-he-departs/