watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Resting Players

Started by Dodgin, April 23, 2017, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

When we beat Brentford it's into the play offs. Should some of the players be rested against Wednesday

Rhys Lightning 63

Depends if we have a chance of making 3rd/4th, second leg at home could be VITAL. If we are locked into the 5th/6th spot, then yes, I'd play the U18's if I had to
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

tslyon

I am always torn by this.  Do you break up any continuity you may have by introducing a new dynamic?  Or, do you risk an injury to a key player right before you really need them.  I am also not a fan of "limping" into the playoffs, but rather roaring into them with a massive win. (Not to say we would lose by resting players).  For me, maintain the momentum and keep the team playing together.

What are your thoughts Dodgin?

Cheers,

Steve

F(f)CUK

I have been wondering about this as well. I think that you rest those with slight knocks but otherwise keep the team as it is.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: tslyon on April 23, 2017, 07:42:11 PM
I am always torn by this.  Do you break up any continuity you may have by introducing a new dynamic?  Or, do you risk an injury to a key player right before you really need them.  I am also not a fan of "limping" into the playoffs, but rather roaring into them with a massive win. (Not to say we would lose by resting players).  For me, maintain the momentum and keep the team playing together.

What are your thoughts Dodgin?

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

I generally concur with this sentiment. Continuity is best, and maintaining this great run of form is key. I am all for resting players, but they only have 5 games maximum left in the entire season. They are seasoned and trained professionals, they will work as hard as needed to ensure they are in the Premier League next season.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

e4b

Always play your strongest side.

westcliff white

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on April 23, 2017, 07:41:44 PM
Depends if we have a chance of making 3rd/4th, second leg at home could be VITAL. If we are locked into the 5th/6th spot, then yes, I'd play the U18's if I had to
Not sure it is as important as it used to be as I do not think away goals count in the play offs
Every day is a Fulham day

Dodgin

We have good back up in most positions but I would not like to risk Tom Cairney. He could go on the bench.

filham

If we can give Brentford a good pasting then  save them a nasty trip to  Yorkshire and fully prepare them for the play offs, hopefully Reading home/ away then Wembley.

Robbie

The good thing about this part of the season is that there is a full week between games. I doubt the squad will be doing much fitness training.

Play the strongest squad, keep momentum.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Robbie on April 23, 2017, 08:29:10 PM
The good thing about this part of the season is that there is a full week between games. I doubt the squad will be doing much fitness training.
Play the strongest squad, keep momentum.

:plus one:

EastEndWhite

I expect Slavisa will know what to do.

Milo

Get the bruisers on and give their best players a good pasting!

HatterDon

I'm quite happy to let Joka pick the squad and the starters. It seems to be working pretty well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Keep the momentum going, and pick the strongest team for the next match. There is only a maximum of 5 matches left, then they can have a rest, the adrenaline will keep them going.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

Not sure when the playoffs start but they could have a week to recover so play the strongest side and make a statement against Wednesday, providing we beat Brentford.

fulhamben

after watching us in our last 3 games, im 100 percent certain that it will greatly benefit the team if we rest martin for the next 5 games
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

toshes mate

You always play your best team for the coming game.  Teams grow up and develop into something special by playing together in various situations and that experience is priceless.  Sure those with achingly tired limbs or niggling injuries shouldn't be risked but if there is a good prospect of a Wembley appearance then you stick with the same tried and tested routine and method that has given you that chance.  Both our next two games are being played in the dynamic environment of eleven other games being played and no one can foresee that final table until the last final whistle is blown.

Grumpy Worthing White

If we beat Brentford and get the obvious three points, rest certain players?. Yup sounds like a plan.  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif