watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not happy about today's result

Started by Forever Fulham, April 29, 2017, 05:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Home leg at the weekend is more appealing to me than an evening fixture.  Also an evening trip to Reading obviously more manageable than a trip to Yorkshire and more likely to produce the correct result than a visit to Sheffield (who will also charge a fortune for a ticket).

Jazua

I think it will be Reading to finish 3rd. Huudersfield made 8 changes yesterday and lost...they obviously are trying not finish 3rd and play us. I think that Sheff will rest players next week and be happy to lose also get to avoid us. Or am I just being cynical???

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 30, 2017, 01:24:19 AM
The forwards too often were static with their backs to the goal, rarely side on or facing forward. We need more movement and commitment to anticipate and get on the end of the low crosses from Fredericks, Malone and others.
Don't worry, we will have Chris Martin back next week!!!! 😂
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SP

Whilst Brentford were vulnerable at the back, they were a threat up front & could've nicked a late winner. The missed chances in the first half didn't help but overall yesterday was a great day.

mancwhite

I think yesterday summed us up - exillerating going forward, great pace and passing accuracy  but always going to be vulnerable at the back - particularly if we don't take our chances early on. Could easily have been three nil up before Brentford scored -Floyd missed two sitters - but we have great belief and confidence  - heads don't go down -let's hope we get the chance to show our skills on that big pitch at Wembley. Jokanavitch deserves to have a big audience for how he has turned us around into a fantastic footballing team
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Lighthouse

If we turn back the clock a little and look at the games we have had in our 'run in'. Nobody would really have suggested we would be in this position. The Brentford game was always going to be tough. Just look at our record against them at home recently. The fact that we are in the position we're in is remarkable.

What ever happens this will be a season we will all remember as being right up there among the best. Every team goes through a bad spell. Leeds have been the club. But they are a big club in support and size. They will be back up there next season.

The Championship is a the one division that is really competitive throughout the league. Anybody can beat anybody. We deserve to be here, we are here despite our iffy defence and awful penalty taking. We are not backing into the playoffs. We drove here along the perilous route every other club has taken. Well done and well deserved. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

Generally its OK to not be "happy" with the "result" when you only draw at home BUT sometimes you have to look at the big picture and we all know what that's all about!

Off the top of my head I would say there's been many, many times we've let points slip unnecessary but when we have won we have almost exclusively won deservedly.

I'm not sure what that means but to have lost so many silly points over the season and still achieve a play off position is remarkable, lets enjoy it! 

grandad

After the draw with Blackburn, the defeat to Wolves, the narrow win over Rotherham & the defeat by Derby did many of us think that we would be in the playoffs. I certainly had my doubts.
Subsequent amazing results including yesterday proved most of us wrong. So I am over the moon.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

After failing to take our chances and missing a pen, it looked  likely that Brentford would score another yesterday - they always looked a threat up front. So well done to the team for not losing the game, and shooting ourselves in the foot defensively, as we have done  on a few occasions this season, and doing enough to  keep us in top 6.

Yes, as said, this season has definitely been some achievement, and we fully deserve our position.

Andy S

It is natural to be nervous and a little worried. We are so near yet so far. I have honestly believed we can do this for a long time. I still do. All the teams in the play offs are now level. In just three matches one will come out on top. It is not always the best team that wins the play offs it is usually the best prepared team. We have the best manager and a team that is as good as it is going to get at this level . Think lose and fail

Woolly Mammoth

We are safely in the play offs, that I have no doubt. So relax, because there are a lot of teams and their supporters will wish they were in our shoes. Say teams from 7th to 24th. Imagine how Leeds feel right now, or if we ended in 7th so near yet so far.
Reading Huddersfield or Wednesday, we won't have a choice, the fact that the opportunity to get to Wembley, and then to the promised land is there.
It's no good worrying about something we have no control of, whatever the challenge is we will meet it head on.
We have done the double over Newcastle this season, so we should fear nobody.
Not even Sheffield Wednesday. It is not easy for any team to win 5 in a row. But we are on an unbeaten run of 5 matches st the moment, which has come at the right time.
Can you imagine how the other three teams are thinking, what happens if we draw Fulham. So lay back and saviour the moment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.