https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 11:56:56 AM
Quote from: twang on July 17, 2017, 11:50:09 AM
Some good news: Gent appears to have moved on to other targets as Fulham were standing firm on Odoi:

https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voetbalnieuws.be%2Fnews%2F252075%2FVN_EXCLUSIEF%3A_Belgische_topclub_vol_voor_Mata%2C_gesprekken_lopen&edit-text=
Yes and no, their first choice is Odoi, but they need to sell before they can pay the fee. They planned to sell Foket but not sure if that is still the case, as they hoped to get 5 millin for him. I will see if that is still the case re Foket.

I would play Odoi left back this season anyway, he as Sess there and Fred on the right with Cisse (who can also play there)

The article says that it's Foket's replacement they're trying to buy. They went for Odoi first but couldn't get the asking price down.

I would too, with an udnerstudy to Fred brought in as Cissé will be needed in midfield. But as it's likely that we'll bring in Poundjé as a part of the Rolán deal, I'm assuming that he and Sess will fight it out for the left back spot.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 17, 2017, 12:05:05 PM
Some good news: Gent appears to have moved on to other targets as Fulham were standing firm on Odoi:

https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voetbalnieuws.be%2Fnews%2F252075%2FVN_EXCLUSIEF%3A_Belgische_topclub_vol_voor_Mata%2C_gesprekken_lopen&edit-text=
Yes and no, their first choice is Odoi, but they need to sell before they can pay the fee. They planned to sell Foket but not sure if that is still the case, as they hoped to get 5 millin for him. I will see if that is still the case re Foket.

I would play Odoi left back this season anyway, he as Sess there and Fred on the right with Cisse (who can also play there)

The article says that it's Foket's replacement they're trying to buy. They went for Odoi first but couldn't get the asking price down.

I would too, with an udnerstudy to Fred brought in as Cissé will be needed in midfield. But as it's likely that we'll bring in Poundjé as a part of the Rolán deal, I'm assuming that he and Sess will fight it out for the left back spot.
You see Cisse as a starter? personally I wouldn't drop KMAC.

Indeed I know what they want to do and who they want, as I get a lot of information on that, the Dutch and to a little lesser extent the French league. But if they can get Odoi they will sign him even if they sign someone else, they are very very keen on him. They are only just short of the price we asked for, however we will not budge on that price.

Also remember it's a world cup year and Odoi has a slim chance of making their provisional 28/32 man squad, he will want to be playing
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

Odoi i can see him playing in the fulham team a lot more this year at left back with sess pushed further up the pitch ,whilst covering for odoi if injured.suspended.

Arthur

Having been our guest for the second time over the weekend, if Rolan is ever going to sign for us, surely it has to be today.

My worry (which is not particularly rational, I know, but would be typical of our luck) is that the drubbing we took on Saturday may put him off joining us.

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 12:08:00 PM
Quote from: twang on July 17, 2017, 12:05:05 PM

You see Cisse as a starter? personally I wouldn't drop KMAC.

Indeed I know what they want to do and who they want, as I get a lot of information on that, the Dutch and to a little lesser extent the French league. But if they can get Odoi they will sign him even if they sign someone else, they are very very keen on him. They are only just short of the price we asked for, however we will not budge on that price.

Also remember it's a world cup year and Odoi has a slim chance of making their provisional 28/32 man squad, he will want to be playing

Not a starter, but someone who will be called upon during games to replace any of the midfield three depending on the game plan. As we've only got LVC and Cissé as senior backup players in midfield they will definitely be needed there. Plus, Cissé hasn't played RB in quite a while?

Then I hope they will back out completely. I can understand if Odoi wants to leave to become a nailed on first choice but we really need a good right back in the squad who can step in when needed considering Fred's injury and disciplinary record. And Slav rotate the fullbacks quite a bit so it wouldn't be like he's stuck on the bench the whole season.

Mince n Tatties

westcliff white

Quote from: Arthur on July 17, 2017, 12:19:31 PM
Having been our guest for the second time over the weekend, if Rolan is ever going to sign for us, surely it has to be today.

My worry (which is not particularly rational, I know, but would be typical of our luck) is that the drubbing we took on Saturday may put him off joining us.
the announcement was yesterday on sky that the fee was agreed so we are ok re saturday, regarding him signing, well here is the big question.

My info is thatBordeaux would like to announce a double deal thats Rolan and Poundje, however the Poundje deal is not as near as Rolan. Rolan is 90% there as I understand, and as much as I would love to say it will happen I wont until we, as in FFC, announce the deal, as a lot of things can change. PLayers could change their mind, another club (higher division) could come in. So as much as it is 90% there it isnt over the line and ther eis still work to be done. The club have done eveything they can, getitn ghim back to meet SK as well, so no fault on them if it falls thorugh, we have also firmed up all our other targets so we are covered so to speak if we need to go elsewhere. We are also looking to sign 2 forwards I hear.

AlexW132

Given what's happened with Piazon I imagine if we sign Kalas it'll be another loan deal.

aaronmcguigan

Ali al habsi officially joins Al Hilal so expect movement with them finding a replacement

Marcel_Gecov

Apparently we are in for Sheffield Wednesday's Atdhe Nuhiu who has scored 19 goals in 142 apps. Hardly prolific. Is this guy more of a Zamora or just not very good at scoring?

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 17, 2017, 01:19:04 PM
Apparently we are in for Sheffield Wednesday's Atdhe Nuhiu who has scored 19 goals in 142 apps. Hardly prolific. Is this guy more of a Zamora or just not very good at scoring?

If this is true I will despair!
I remember him playing against us a couple of seasons ago and being made to look silly by Hutchinson and Bodurov of all people and he's been on the decline since then!

Fulhamerica23

If Poundje is the hold up as Bordeaux want to double announce, can't Rolan sign and we simply....not announce it until the other lad signs? Get him into training and such.

rweller86

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 17, 2017, 03:31:54 PM
If Poundje is the hold up as Bordeaux want to double announce, can't Rolan sign and we simply....not announce it until the other lad signs? Get him into training and such.
Who's to say this isn't the case? No pictures from training last few days.
@rweller

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 17, 2017, 03:31:54 PM
guess thats a possibility but he wol dbe seen training and then people would know the deal is done. Roland is 90% done is my info so still a chance it may falter. Newcastle have an interest but he is not the first choice, they have been granted permission to speak to the player, this was given last week, however Rolan has not spoken to them.

Poundje is a little bit behind Rolan as the deal was strated a lot later, but it has progressed well so hopefully both will sign.

I wish I oculd give you 100% good news, however I cannot guarentee the deal or deals will happen but just relay what I have been infirmed. Both souind positive for FFC as it stands

f321ffc

Bordeaux have just signed Vuka  Jovanovic winger / striker.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Quote from: f321ffc on July 17, 2017, 03:37:18 PM
Bordeaux have just signed Vuka  Jovanovic winger / striker.
Another piece falls in to place, was on loan there at the end of the season (from January) as well. 3 million euros they have paid for him. He is mainly a wide player but can play thru the middle. Rolan is a player than can play wide but mainly thru the middle. So seems a good replacement for them

grandad

Just spoke to my neighbour who is a SW supporter. Says he is rubbish. 6´5 but poor finisher. Plan B Matt Smith type.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2017, 03:46:23 PM
Just spoke to my neighbour who is a SW supporter. Says he is rubbish. 6´5 but poor finisher. Plan B Matt Smith type.

Rather not then!  :bump:

Jamie Murphy £4m from Brighton a slightly more exciting option but we have loads of wingers and surely put George Williams further back down the pecking order.