A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betts of Button?

Started by WhiteJC, July 13, 2017, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In our new feature the FOFcast, Westcliffe White and Dannyboi have a disagreement about our two keepers. Who do you agree with?

Dannyboi
7 (70%)
Westcliffe White
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Jonaldiniho 88

Oh and sent my ramblings of my Fulham life to loveffc. Please feel free to edit the Michael Jackson statue out of it.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 13, 2017, 10:35:35 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 13, 2017, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 13, 2017, 08:46:47 PM
As I'm unable to listen, can you let me know who voted for who so I can add my hat to the ring sir whitejc.

It's 5mins mate. Have a listen otherwise you will never know lol .........

I genuinely mean i can't listen. Just moved to a new neck of the woods and when I click play it buffers forever and nothing. I'm getting wifi tomorrow so will have it on repeat until the next episode. I've moved closer to you now. I'm in honour oak now. Did a job in se3 today and was thinking how I must be driving past you. What a great view of London you have from blackheath.

My bus goes through Blackheath. It's a nice part of London. No excuses now to meet up more often then if you're closer.

Let me know what you think when you hear it. Believe it or not I value your opinion lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

therealjaybee

Has to be Betts for me. The defence seem to trust him more and he can only get better from here

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 13, 2017, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 13, 2017, 08:55:53 PM
Bring back Maik Tayor

Now he was a Goalkeeper that was safe as houses.
but his kicking was even worse than buttons. Wouldn't have lasted long in slavs system
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JackHFFC1990

Bettenelli for me. Move for Button just hasn't worked out a move to Reading would be a decent move for him.

Milo

Offload Button to Reading.

Bring in a new keeper? But as I live in the real world ..  Betts.

colinwhite

Agree with both Danny and westcliffe that neither are good enough ! Betts would edge it simply because he seems to want it more.

Holders

Quote from: colinwhite on July 14, 2017, 07:40:42 AM
Agree with both Danny and westcliffe that neither are good enough ! Betts would edge it simply because he seems to want it more.

My thoughts.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

The three questions I ask myself on Button is this,  did we see the best of him at times last season, can he reproduce that form throughout the season and would it be good enough?

My answers are Yes. No and maybe!
Yes, he's a decent Championship Keeper.
No, he has mistakes in his game.
Maybe he's good enough for a top 2 team.

As for Bettinelli, I say Yes, Yes and maybe
Yes, as above
Yes, he's getting better all the time
Maybe, as above.

The problem is we are looking for a keeper who can hold his own in the traditional goalie "talents" and expect him to play with the ball at his feet like a sweeper and even PL teams struggle with finding these individuals!

Personally I'd like us to sign a better all round keeper and keep Bettinelli (ala Schwarzer & Stockdale) as back up but he seems determined to find a place at a club he can become first choice so we would need to up his contract and sweet talk him to stay and I don''t think that's how we operate.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2017, 01:24:24 AM
Bring back Maik Tayor

but his kicking was even worse than buttons. Wouldn't have lasted long in slavs system

He didn't need to kick it 'oh wise one ', his throwing was superb, and he was a safe pair of hands, especially with crosses.
Slavs system is not the be all and end all, there was life before he arrived, and there will be life after he has long gone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

At the beginning of last season Button had the edge but when Betts came back into the side late last season he was much improved and looked the best we had.
If Betts now continues to improve he could become fit for a promotion chasing side.
Of course we will have to wait for a few matches into the season to see if Betts is still looking good.

Twig

Betts for me, especially on the evidence of his form during the latter part of the season. However if we let Button go it leaves us awfully thin for cover.  Personally I would like to see us sign a really top quality keeper but only after we have addressed more glaring requirements at the centre of defence and a striker.

Woolly Mammoth

and just three weeks left before the big Ko.

Never forget your Roots.

West Ewells all White

I remember when we had EVDS and Maik Taylor, similar conversations, ended up losing them both close together seemed to take an age to get a decent replacement (I think Niemi). Deja vu Rodney?

montyandgeorge

Betts for me to stay, mainly because he looks just like my next door neighbour.

JackHFFC1990

Be a shame to see Betts move on I think he is a very good keeper but he will want regular football & I think Joka will look to bring a keeper from abroad in. Wouldn't surprise me if both keepers move on with a new one coming in & Rodak promoted to number 2

aaronmcguigan

Can see the logic in selling them both. We have a queue of academy keepers forming in Rodak, and the Normans. May do well to let one of them, likely Rodak, have a clearer path to first team football, as well as generating much needed funds benefitting from the interest in 2 average keepers, who, although contributing to our "success " last season, weren't seen as integral to it.

Both keepers are a work in progress , but other clubs are willing to pay for them,  and I think at the end of relatively successful seasons, it's vital to cash in while they're hot on the assets that are expendable to be able to keep the assets that aren't.

Inevitably, our aim is premier league , and neither first team keeper has shown to be good enough for that level. Personally I'd take a keeper on loan for a year then buy a bigger name in 12 months when promotion is hopefully attained. There are plenty of keepers out there who won't get a game and who would improve us whether it's a Robles, Lee Grant,  McGregor/ Marshall etc to start the ball rolling. Either way, it's a position we can't afford to trial with or allow a bedding in period, it needs to be an instant success or not change it at all.

We done this in the premier league and ended up with the Drobny, Lastuvka, Crossley, Warner, Niemi, Keller fiasco. My fear is we sell these 2 and end up with someone from the Belgian league who takes 2/3 months getting to grips with new surroundings, culture , language which maybe is a luxury that can't be afforded in this league unless its VDS the second .

Mince n Tatties

Makes no odds now as both are being rumoured to be moving on...

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps Klines stats have convinced him we do not need a Goal Tender and  has decided to offload all Goalies, and just play with outfield players. Which he obviously feels is a cunning plan.

Never forget your Roots.

epsomraver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 14, 2017, 09:27:00 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2017, 01:24:24 AM
Bring back Maik Tayor

He didn't need to kick it 'oh wise one ', his throwing was superb, and he was a safe pair of hands, especially with crosses.
Slavs system is not the be all and end all, there was life before he arrived, and there will be life after he has long gone.
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: