more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kalas

Started by nose, July 22, 2017, 03:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: rweller86 on July 27, 2017, 09:26:57 AM
Looks like Hull might be getting another of Chelsea's CB's on loan for the season, guessing their links with Kalas are done - good sign. Look forward to having him back if reports are to be believed.
Hope thats the case.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2017, 08:19:35 PM
Quote from: The Rock on July 26, 2017, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2017, 04:59:02 PM
It's going to be a massive fortnight now before the big Ko. I hope Fulham have saved the best until last, and bring in the obvious first choice players we need, and the back ups. 
Otherwise we can forget about any aspirations of promotion.

Agreed. The first 4-5 matches will define the season, and the current squad without any additions will not come out anywhere near the Top 6.

Spot on ⚽️👍
Most of the fans can see that but can the Fulham management.

filham

There is no doubt we need Kalas and that Chelsea are playing a dirty game in the matter.

However we really should have set a deadline on the deal and if this was not met we should have seriously looked for an alternative centre back.

rweller86

Chelsea have one more game in Asia on Saturday, so unless he's left the tour, he is unlikely to sign before the middle of next week.
@rweller

Toby Ward-Smith

What a great way to announce a new signing! Watching a video of the players training then they pan over to Kalas holding his new shirt! Welcome back!!!!

What a great player we needed back desperately! Well done the club!

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

That phone call I made to the club in the early hours has clearly paid off.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Kalas Returns
Thursday 27 July 2017 12:00
The Club is delighted to announce that Tomas Kalas has returned on a season-long loan from Chelsea for the 2017/18 campaign.

Kalas played a crucial role at the heart of defence to help Fulham reach the Sky Bet Championship Semi-Finals last season.

The Czech Republic international featured in 36 league games last season and scored for the Whites against Huddersfield Town in the 5-0 win at Craven Cottage in October.

At just 24-years-old he has played seven times for the Czech Republic and has been a regular member of their squad aiming to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Prior to joining Fulham on loan last season the centre-back played a key role in helping Middlesbrough reach the Play-Off Final in 2014/15, before winning promotion with them as runners-up in the 2015/16 season.

Kalas started out at his hometown club Sigma Olomouc before joining Chelsea in the summer of 2010.

Two seasons were then spent on loan at Vitesse Arnhem in Holland, during which time he was named the Czech Republic Young Player of the Year.

He made his debut for Chelsea in a 2-0 League Cup win over Arsenal in October 2013 and his Premier League debut and first start for Chelsea came at Anfield later that season, also in a 2-0 victory.

In the summer of 2014 the defender moved on loan to FC Cologne in Germany, but he departed for Middlesbrough midway through the campaign.

Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations, said: "It's a pleasure to welcome Tomas Kalas back to the Fulham Football Club.

"We appreciate Tomas so much after the way that he battled for us last season, demonstrating not only tremendous skill but also great heart and determination. We're very excited to have him here again as one of us as we prepare for our next battle, and what we hope will be a great season! COYW!"

Woolly Mammoth

Its a big step in the right direction but there is more work to do yet.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Good news and one we can all get behind. But we are still dong our best to have a squad as good as last season. We are still short of that. The squad needed to be slightly improved and we are way short of that.

However it is at least better news for the back. Now is that it for the defence or are we going to actually buy another defender? Or will a forward be more important?

Three season long loans now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

uzuccher96

That's what I was waiting!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Twig

Good news now let's spend some cash and actually buy a couple of players.  BTW what chance of signing Kalas permanently at the end of the season?

Flume

Quote from: Twig on July 27, 2017, 01:00:51 PM
Good news now let's spend some cash and actually buy a couple of players.  BTW what chance of signing Kalas permanently at the end of the season?
Surely it would be pretty good if we made the prem
In Slav we trust

MikeW

So, all you folks in the know, how come he's in China when in fact he's down the road?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

rweller86

Quote from: MikeW on July 27, 2017, 01:22:57 PM
So, all you folks in the know, how come he's in China when in fact he's down the road?
He was in Chelsea's match squad for their last two games in Asia.
@rweller

nose

i saw him plying for chelsea on TV I think he was in China but hey ho the BBC now say he has signed for us on loan!

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: nose on July 27, 2017, 01:54:37 PM

i saw him plying for chelsea on TV I think he was in China but hey ho the BBC now say he has signed for us on loan!

Footballers these days have mobiles and representatives who work on their behalf to negotiate deals 😉

cmg

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 27, 2017, 02:01:51 PM

Footballers these days have mobiles and representatives who work on their behalf to negotiate deals 😉

...and once the problems of heavier-than-air flight have been mastered they will be able to travel from one side of the world to the other in a matter of hours.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on July 27, 2017, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 27, 2017, 02:01:51 PM

...and once the problems of heavier-than-air flight have been mastered they will be able to travel from one side of the world to the other in a matter of hours.

Except for Ross McCormack I would imagine.

Never forget your Roots.

Grumpy Worthing White

Well that's really made my day after a big screw up at Crawley Hospital. 092.gif  092.gif  092.gif