watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47, how to get the gun firing.

Started by FulhamStu, August 23, 2017, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

A number of the favourite teams have actually started quite poorly this season, I don't think more than 2 of the current top 7 will make the top 6 at the end of the season.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on August 23, 2017, 01:20:08 PM
The answer lies with the 3 amigos. Get Cairney, Johansen & McDonald 100% fit & hungry to replicate their form of last season & the goals will come from everyone.

Absolutely agree, this is where we have been below par for the start of the season. Get those three up to last season's standards and the goals and wins will follow.

Chesh

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 23, 2017, 10:26:36 AM
1st of all, I do not think he will be a starting player, esp in the short term. Already Fonte looks the type of player to gel quickly to our style as he is technically good and plays in an area where we are weak.  Kamara on the other hand is shall we say agricultural in comparison.  He does however have great pace and strength.  A ball over the top for him to run onto for instance, or get him in the mix to bully defenders in the penalty area.

Kamara will struggle with our precise passing style but in a frantic finish where we go much more direct could be a good weapon.

He is very young, very raw and needs a lot of work but there is something there and we should not immediately make him public enemy no1 as he seems to have a desire which will help him improve.  Learning the language, getting used to London and his new team mates could take a little time.  What is the point in getting on his back, Ojo was more dissapointing for me last night, he would cost £10M to buy, is English, has played in England but did far less than Kamara last night !  And no I am not saying get on Ojo's back either.  Remember StefJo was crap in his first game !
Agree - I would definitely cut AK some slack, as, if anything, he is probably trying to hard at the moment. Can't fault his effort, and he definitely has pace and power.

I would also like to eat my words on Djalo, who I admittedly wrote off after seeing one woeful 'performance' against Chelsea. He looked good at Wycombe, and last night he stood up to be counted, and played with determination. He deserves to succeed, and I hope he does.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

toshes mate

The answer lies with the 3 amigos. Get Cairney, Johansen & McDonald 100% fit & hungry to replicate their form of last season & the goals will come from everyone.
I hope that is the answer too.  The midfield operation is always crucial to success in any team, and last year this trio was a trio to die for.

Chesh

Quote from: toshes mate on August 23, 2017, 01:39:07 PM
I hope that is the answer too.  The midfield operation is always crucial to success in any team, and last year this trio was a trio to die for.
This was our main problem last night - although they huffed and puffed, Cisse, Norwood and O'Riley did not have any keys to unlock the 10/11 men behind the ball once Rovers scored.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

No one like Leggat

I can see I'm in the minority here because I can't see the things in AK that others seem too. I hope he comes good I really do, but did we really pay £5m for him? His control is all over the place, as is his shooting. He looks like a smaller version of Ade Akinfenwa to me but without the fear factor.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: No one like Leggat on August 23, 2017, 02:07:24 PM
I can see I'm in the minority here because I can't see the things in AK that others seem too. I hope he comes good I really do, but did we really pay £5m for him? His control is all over the place, as is his shooting. He looks like a smaller version of Ade Akinfenwa to me but without the fear factor.

I know what you are saying, and I have also been critical of him for similiar reasons. Yes he is raw, and he couldn't trap a bag of spuds at the moment. But he is different physically and he has pace, and when we are throwing the kitchen sink at teams, I feel he could be an ideal battering ram.
Obviously time will tell, and if Fulham paid that kind of money for him, then I would expect a lot more from him than so far to date.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2017, 02:55:20 PM

I know what you are saying, and I have also been critical of him for similiar reasons. Yes he is raw, and he couldn't trap a bag of spuds at the moment. But he is different physically and he has pace, and when we are throwing the kitchen sink at teams, I feel he could be an ideal battering ram.
Obviously time will tell, and if Fulham paid that kind of money for him, then I would expect a lot more from him than so far to date.

he's only played the equivalent of 1 1/2 league games this season. Lets give him a break, yeah?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 03:49:34 PM

he's only played the equivalent of 1 1/2 league games this season. Lets give him a break, yeah?

Yes it's early days, and to an extent I agree. These guys get well paid for what they do, and he cost enough to tell me he hasn't got time for a break, and we have lost enough points already, to sink a ship.
Fulham FC is not a holiday camp, where everyone has to be pampered till they get their act together. These players are supposed to be professional and even if your having a bad game, you can still run around, and run your heart out. One or two last night couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2017, 04:00:45 PM

Yes it's early days, and to an extent I agree. These guys get well paid for what they do, and he cost enough to tell me he hasn't got time for a break, and we have lost enough points already, to sink a ship.
Fulham FC is not a holiday camp, where everyone has to be pampered till they get their act together. These players are supposed to be professional and even if your having a bad game, you can still run around, and run your heart out. One or two last night couldn't even be bothered to do that.

We've lost 7 points with 126 left to play for... must be a pretty ropey ship.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2017, 04:00:45 PM

We've lost 7 points with 126 left to play for... must be a pretty ropey ship.

It is at the moment, it has been becalmed on the sea.
All aboard have been struck down with yellow fever, limp legs hanging out of bunks, Yard arms with nobody to fasten them, and if you care to look at the hull, you will see a ruddy great hole in it.

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

That missed header last night has not endeared me to him, plus that shot in the first half from a very tight angle when he could have pulled it back to other players in the box.

MJG

Quote from: Bill2 on August 23, 2017, 04:23:35 PM
That missed header last night has not endeared me to him, plus that shot in the first half from a very tight angle when he could have pulled it back to other players in the box.
Aluko header on Saturday was much easier. Do you feel same about him?
Just the views of a long term fan

JoelH5

Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2017, 04:58:38 PM

Didn't realise you were back mate!

Yep, that Aluko header was laughable
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SG

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 23, 2017, 05:02:18 PM

Agreed Aluko's was poor. Looking at his chance last night he did almost everything right, powerful downward header and back to the post that the centre had come from. It was a foot wide - hardly a hanging offence as some are making out

JoelH5

Quote from: SG on August 23, 2017, 05:05:53 PM

Agreed Aluko's was poor. Looking at his chance last night he did almost everything right, powerful downward header and back to the post that the centre had come from. It was a foot wide - hardly a hanging offence as some are making out

Yep wasn't great but Aluko's was much worse. Center of the goal, 6 yards out. Puts it over haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MJG

Didn't realise you were back mate!

Yep, that Aluko header was laughable
like a bad penny
Just the views of a long term fan

Artful Dodger

All signings are a gamble and I would say AK has shown enough in just 1 1/2 games to be given a bit more time. I agree that he may be more of an impact sub this year especially if Fonte is as good as those who saw the game Saturday are suggesting but at Leeds his work rate was good and he was bloody quick. He looked a bit one footed to me and doesn't have the natural trickery of Aluko or Kebano to go past people like that but he gives us an option and he won't get pushed around and had a terrific battle with the big Leeds CH, Jansen. I am not expecting even 10 goals from him this season but I do think he can offer us something we haven't got.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Riversider

Too many more games firing blanks and his nickname will become Jaffa.

We Are Premier League

I'm not worried, the AK47 is the must reliable gun in the world!