watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

News from Qpr

Started by Riversider, May 03, 2018, 11:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Heard from a QPR supporter tonight that Ian Holloway will be leaving after this weekend, they had their sponsors and awards night the other night and Holloway didn't appear, and all the talk with the players was that Holloway is going,
Bizarrely though the Wally with the Brolly  is being tipped to take over 😅

Riversider

The waste of space that is Chris Martin is already being touted to be joining if McClaren does get the job.

Burt

Holloway has been fired... It's official now.

Burt

Ian Holloway has left his post as manager at Championship side Queens Park Rangers after 18 months in charge.

The 55-year-old was in his second spell with the R's and guided the club to 16th in the table this season.

According to reports on Wednesday, ex-England manager Steve McClaren, who spent time as a coach at QPR in 2013, has already been earmarked for the job.

"We are hugely grateful to Ian for his incredible efforts during his time with us," said chief executive Lee Hoos.

"He joined us at a critical stage as we looked to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch.

"That is no easy task and it was down to his desire, love for the club and hard work that he achieved those goals."

Holloway won 26 of his 80 matches after returning to Loftus Road in November 2016, drawing 14 and losing the other 40, and had one year remaining on his contract.

He helped Rangers narrowly avoid relegation last season as they finished the 2016-17 campaign in 18th, two points above the bottom three.

After spending five years with QPR during his playing career, Holloway first took charge of the club in February 2001 and won promotion from the third tier in 2003-04 before leaving in February 2006.

"We are now looking to take the next step as we continue to work through what is a vital period of transition for the club," added Hoos.

Twig

The owner has lost interest and no longer wants to invest. Not sure what any manager can do really. It's a club on a slippery slope.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on May 10, 2018, 06:06:50 PM
The owner has lost interest and no longer wants to invest. Not sure what any manager can do really. It's a club on a slippery slope.

True.
Don't dislike Hollaway,he says it as he sees it.

Fulham Tup North

[/quote]

True.
[/quote]
Unless it's a Penalty, then he never saw it!! 😀
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

alfie

How long has Lee Hoos been at QPR
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

They're anticipating the return of an old favourite next season.  Personally, I doubt it'll be Peter Crouch as they hope, more likely Wayne Routledge I think.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 10, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

True.
[/quote]
Unless it's a Penalty, then he never saw it!! 😀
[/quote]

lol.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on May 10, 2018, 06:06:50 PM
it was the Mittals with the real finical clout, and they pulled out sometime ago. Tony doesn't have the money to do it on his own.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MikeW

McLaren? Are they completely mad? This is a club that needs a total overhaul from top to bottom but yet again their maniac of a Chairman leads them down the wrong path.  Long may it continue.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on May 10, 2018, 07:05:19 PM
They're anticipating the return of an old favourite next season.  Personally, I doubt it'll be Peter Crouch as they hope, more likely Wayne Routledge I think.

It might very well be Gerry Francis, if he promises to get his hair cut.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Holloway is like a caricature of himself.Did OK with what he had.Suprised they sacked him and have split the fans before Maclaren starts.When does the fire sale start.Last year of their Parachute payments and big FFP fine due.Shame