News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PNE are bloody cheats and they deserved that.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 14, 2017, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Would you believe that the Preston manager has just been winging on TV because he thinks the ref overran the 5 minutes extra time by a minute, which of course he was entitled to in view of all of the time wasting.

e4b

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 14, 2017, 08:52:29 PM
Have we overlooked the fact we could have been 2 ahead before they scored ?
Dead right.

MaidstoneMark69

Don't agree with the view that Preston were that good, yes they did a great job on us first half, but as i said to my mate 'if they're gonna come after us like that, there'll be a price to pay for that later on '

So it proved.

Hugill is a thug,  very limited ability,  well dirty, don't like him.

Didn't like their typical championship tactics, reminded me of Reading and SW. Quite like being able to say that we don't indulge in such skullduggery and just play good football, that hopefully will bring us out on top in the end.

bobbo

It was akin to our home match v Sheffield wed last season.
They were a good side with many decent players but resorted to the awful tactics endeavouring to win by them. Got their just deserts.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

FFCpmd

Quote from: filham on October 14, 2017, 09:32:56 PM
Would you believe that the Preston manager has just been winging on TV because he thinks the ref overran the 5 minutes extra time by a minute, which of course he was entitled to in view of all of the time wasting.

...yes, I can't believe he had the audacity to come out with that after his team's disgraceful display of timewasting and 'gamesmanship'. What a contrast to Joka's magnanimous reaction to the match and their performance; just shows the enormous gulf in class between the two managers.....

Luka

Three things changed the game in our favour.
1. Their number 24 went off injured after running us ragged on our right.
2. TC came on 2nd half and gave us some controll and class in the middle.
3. Mollo came on to replace a poor Johansen and scared them shi##ess.

We scrapped well and deserved the point.

Robbie

Neil's whingeing is amazing. The game ran on as their keeper tried to run down the clock my feigning a head injury. Hence the extra minute and our beautiful goal. If you cheat you will get found out!!

Robbie

Molly was cool. Great movement. TC  fixed kid field.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Robbie on October 14, 2017, 10:58:58 PM
Neil's whingeing is amazing. The game ran on as their keeper tried to run down the clock my feigning a head injury. Hence the extra minute and our beautiful goal. If you cheat you will get found out!!

Funny that, after his injury he limped up to place the ball and then ran up to kick it.
If he'd have been that injured he'd have asked a defender to take the kick.

Blatant or what.

Their coach/manager in the dugout also got out of the way as the ball rolled towards their dugout.
Most people would have stopped it and kicked or thrown onto the pitch

Slag
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Tonywa

Thought that while they were certainly not pretty to watch they were bloody-minded, well-organised and effective. Totally stopped us playing for long periods of the first half and had enough chances to bury us.  Cairney, even on one leg, made a huge difference and we just about deserved a point.  Disagree about Hugill  Thought he looked nippy for someone of his size, used his physique well and gave our centre backs a really hard afternoon.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Tonywa on October 15, 2017, 12:24:18 AM
Thought that while they were certainly not pretty to watch they were bloody-minded, well-organised and effective. Totally stopped us playing for long periods of the first half and had enough chances to bury us.  Cairney, even on one leg, made a huge difference and we just about deserved a point.  Disagree about Hugill  Thought he looked nippy for someone of his size, used his physique well and gave our centre backs a really hard afternoon.
"used his physique well" - well, yes to as degree, but most of that (hitting the defender before the ball has arrived) according to the laws of the game is foul play. I would need at least all my fingers to count the number of fouls that should have been awarded against him.  I don't deny that PNE played well in the first half; our insistence to play cost us,  as their pressure created maybe four of five good chances of which they converted two. But we had equally good chances .. converted zero. Score, and the dynamic of the game could have changed. I thought they did very well and looked dangerous, but at times we too looked as though we could score. So I didn't regard the first half as one-sided at all. We just came off second, and deservedly so .. thanks to their keeper, our finishing .. and their finishing .. if you see what I mean.

Andy S

Their keeper made one mistake in the 96th minute and it cost them two points

Bill2

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 14, 2017, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on October 14, 2017, 05:00:49 PM
Enough said - beautiful drama

Utter nonsense. Preston were the better team from start to finish. I don't know why they did time waste, they were great. Alex Neil has done a fab job.
I don't know what game you were watching in the second half but we were all over them from kick off. We showed them up to be a long ball team who were very physical.  If they hadn't done so much time wasting they would have won. There keeper kept them in the game especially with the double save in the first half.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Bill2 on October 15, 2017, 02:02:43 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on October 14, 2017, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on October 14, 2017, 05:00:49 PM
Enough said - beautiful drama

Utter nonsense. Preston were the better team from start to finish. I don't know why they did time waste, they were great. Alex Neil has done a fab job.
I don't know what game you were watching in the second half but we were all over them from kick off. We showed them up to be a long ball team who were very physical.  If they hadn't done so much time wasting they would have won. There keeper kept them in the game especially with the double save in the first half.

They sat back in second half and tried to defend and hit us on the counter + their second half chances were better than ours. For a home side based in 1st and 2nd half together, it's not top six yet.

Denver Fulham

We had some early chances, but Preston were well better than we were over the first 70 mins. Then we got the penalty and they ran out of gas. Draw probably was fair on the balance, but I thought they were a good side. Lots of pressing and countering with quickness. We couldn't match their tempo until they tired.

cookieg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 15, 2017, 12:03:33 AM
Quote from: Robbie on October 14, 2017, 10:58:58 PM

Funny that, after his injury he limped up to place the ball and then ran up to kick it.
If he'd have been that injured he'd have asked a defender to take the kick.

Blatant or what.

Their coach/manager in the dugout also got out of the way as the ball rolled towards their dugout.
Most people would have stopped it and kicked or thrown onto the pitch

Slag

Slag - love it lol!!

mancwhite

When Maguire went off with what looked like a hamstring - it changed the game - he had the beating of Denis all day. They were out on their feet after 70 mins - good draw in the end but PNE played well made us look very vulnerable to players running at us and their centre forward caused our centre backs trouble all day. It looked like TC still not fit to me but he started to exert the control we needed. Desperately missed penetration from our full backs - need Fredericks back ASAP and didn't think I would be saying this missed Malone today
Your just too good to be true Fulham

The Old Count

Quote from: mancwhite on October 15, 2017, 08:06:33 AM
When Maguire went off with what looked like a hamstring - it changed the game - he had the beating of Denis all day. They were out on their feet after 70 mins - good draw in the end but PNE played well made us look very vulnerable to players running at us and their centre forward caused our centre backs trouble all day. It looked like TC still not fit to me but he started to exert the control we needed. Desperately missed penetration from our full backs - need Fredericks back ASAP and didn't think I would be saying this missed Malone today

We also missed a player like Chris Martin who could be an outlet when teams press us high like Preston did.

Ronnief

Preston's tactics from the start were to close down our distribution from Button.  Poor control and slow distribution resulted in Preston winning the ball between the 18 yard box and the half way line far too often.  We must learn to change tactics earlier and stop dilly dallying at the back.  Preston's other tactic was to pump the ball high up to our centre backs and then deliberately jump into the centre backs often fouling them with a leading arm or elbow.  These tactics were not picked up by the ref and especially by the linesman running the line on the Stevenage Road side. How Hugill was not punished for his persistent fouling is beyond me.

filham

Quote from: Ronnief on October 15, 2017, 09:49:31 AM
Preston's tactics from the start were to close down our distribution from Button.  Poor control and slow distribution resulted in Preston winning the ball between the 18 yard box and the half way line far too often.  We must learn to change tactics earlier and stop dilly dallying at the back.  Preston's other tactic was to pump the ball high up to our centre backs and then deliberately jump into the centre backs often fouling them with a leading arm or elbow.  These tactics were not picked up by the ref and especially by the linesman running the line on the Stevenage Road side. How Hugill was not punished for his persistent fouling is beyond me.
You can rest assured that there will be other teams adopting similar tactics against us, we have to learn to deal with it.