Fulham Tup North

....Win again !!!! 078.gif :drums:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Nasty Neil

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

A little disingenuous there lads, like us, they are always the nearly-team, never quite making good on their ability, but for different reasons.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

For me it's not so much the club, although I have no empathy with them.
It's the sports itself, my own opinion is that it's the worst sport in the history of mankind. Absolute boring empty game full of hype and no content whatsoever.
I would rather watch my wife burn my dinner. 
I feel better now I have got that off my chest.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 23, 2017, 02:42:58 PM
It's the sports itself, my own opinion is that it's the worst sport in the history of mankind. Absolute boring empty game full of hype and no content whatsoever.

What was your Dinner doing on your chest? 👺

YankeeJim

Pointy ball is not a sport its is a spectacle.  22 large, steroid addicts running about between the commercials with several small white guys pretending to be hip black dudes calling the game and a stunning blonde interviewing the players, pretending that they can string together enough words to form a sentence.  Course they all "focus" and give "110" percent. Boring, predictable and pedestrian.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 23, 2017, 05:02:16 PM
Pointy ball is not a sport its is a spectacle.  22 large, steroid addicts running about between the commercials with several small white guys pretending to be hip black dudes calling the game and a stunning blonde interviewing the players, pretending that they can string together enough words to form a sentence.  Course they all "focus" and give "110" percent. Boring, predictable and pedestrian.

Interesting you say that, seeing as every single one of the college football players (18-21) are 10x more articulate than every single one of the 30+ year old English players (Rooney, Hart, Cahill etc)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 23, 2017, 04:47:55 PM

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 23, 2017, 04:47:55 PM

I was keeping it warm 🔥

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I like the stunning blonde interviewing the players, she can hang around.

Never forget your Roots.

kiwian

Sort of on the same thread, The Chase had a question, which footballer said when asked what was it like to be called a volatile footballer replied "I usually play on the right, or up front, and sometimes on the left if necessary." DB
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

aaronmcguigan

If anyone can show me the Fulham brand being grown in USA through soccer schools , regular promotion of our club, and merchandise sold in Jaguars shops then I will catch on to the owners intent of pushing the Jags on us, until then , to me, it's as separate as Fulham and the Ritz was when Al Fayed was our custodian.

HatterDon

For a change, you'll get no argument from me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on October 23, 2017, 05:22:30 PM

Interesting you say that, seeing as every single one of the college football players (18-21) are 10x more articulate than every single one of the 30+ year old English players (Rooney, Hart, Cahill etc)

For every one that has a brain, usually the QB, there are 6-8 that can't spell their own name. The NFL preys on young men, more often than not, minorities, who come from feeder universities who also prey on them. There was one 5 year span where the University of Oklahoma did not graduate a single football player and only 1 basketball player. There was one guy who actually sued the university after he went to the NFL, destroyed his knee and then couldn't get a job because he couldn't read or write. A recent study of 90 or so ex-players found that all but a very few had some sort of trauma related dementia. The average career is about 5 years and their average life expectancy is considerably lower then the average American male. The NFL is a blight on society. What intelligent man would aspire to that?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Almost as inarticulate as those Welsh players, Bale, Williams and Robson - Kanu etc, none of whom will be going to the World Cup next year.

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Fulham fans do derive some benefit from the Jaguars relationship - we get to ogle the cheerleaders once or twice a year.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HamsterWheel on October 25, 2017, 10:25:26 AM
Fulham fans do derive some benefit from the Jaguars relationship - we get to ogle the cheerleaders once or twice a year.

I would rather ogle my wife who is far prettier than any of their plastic looking cheer leaders.

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 24, 2017, 11:32:57 PM

For every one that has a brain, usually the QB, there are 6-8 that can't spell their own name. The NFL preys on young men, more often than not, minorities, who come from feeder universities who also prey on them. There was one 5 year span where the University of Oklahoma did not graduate a single football player and only 1 basketball player. There was one guy who actually sued the university after he went to the NFL, destroyed his knee and then couldn't get a job because he couldn't read or write. A recent study of 90 or so ex-players found that all but a very few had some sort of trauma related dementia. The average career is about 5 years and their average life expectancy is considerably lower then the average American male. The NFL is a blight on society. What intelligent man would aspire to that?

Crikey, that's a damning indictment if ever I read one, but an interesting one that I have never heard about.  I wouldn't have a reason to of course (I also think that Gridiron is an awful 'sport'), so I'm not questioning you but I would love to know if you have any links that I could have a look at with regard to the Unis failing.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Rugby is becoming more and more popular over here.
Perhaps it will eventually take over from a boring game that actually lasts an hour but takes 4/5 hours
and they change complete teams (attack and defense) every time a touchdown is scored.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cricket is also on the up, but worm-charming or cheese rolling has not arrived yet
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Chesh

Previously had no 'affiliation' to any NFL/AFL team, but since our owner also owns them, I can't help wanting them to do well... :clap_hands:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)