watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It wasn't me SIR - Kamara off the hook - Wright Banned

Started by Southcoastffc, November 03, 2017, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Suspended or not?  Nothing on the FA suspension list, no club announcement either as far as I see.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham76

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 03, 2017, 08:53:06 AM
Suspended or not?  Nothing on the FA suspension list, no club announcement either as far as I see.

Should be 3 games for a straight red for violent conduct.

res

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 03, 2017, 09:25:33 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 03, 2017, 08:53:06 AM

Should be 3 games for a straight red for violent conduct.

But we've appealed, but no feedback on whether that's been accepted...thought appeals were decided within a couple of days. I suspect we will not win the appeal so an (undeserved) 3 match ban; undeserved as it was nothing compared with some of the other stuff which goes by (e.g. Mackie's elbow into Johansson's face which only led to a free kick, not even a yellow...far worse than what Kamara did)

gang

Appeal pending. Hopefully it will be reduced to a yellow card.

YoungsBitter

No suspension shown on FA website under Fulham nor Kamara's name listed under players suspended.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Marcel_Gecov

Just out of interest have other red cards from Tuesday been updated? Just wondered if the reason it wasnt showing up was that their admin hadnt updated it.

EastEndWhite

His name was on the suspension list yesterday when I looked. It is not there today.  Does this mean he has won the appeal and if he has will the Bristol City player now face action for 'Successful Deception of a Match Official'?

flyingfish

I think players are not suspended while there is an appeal outstanding, is that correct?

Marcel_Gecov

Aboubakar Kamara received a red card against Bristol City and the Head Coach is hopeful that the decision to appeal will go Fulham's way.

"We are going to know this afternoon, we believe he pushed on the chest of the Bristol player.

"We have the chance to win the appeal, and in theory I could use him for tomorrow's game.

"The situation was clear for us. The other side of it is that Kamara gave the chance for the referee to take this decision.

"We cannot do this kind of thing in important moments. Now what we want to do is fix this situation and see if he can feature for us against Wolves."

That was yesterday, so no update so far either way.

grandad

If an appeal is unsuccessful I think an extra match ban is given.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

Quote from: grandad on November 03, 2017, 12:19:30 PM
If an appeal is unsuccessful I think an extra match ban is given.
Only if deemed frivolous, to my knowledge, which can't the case in this appeal.

Deeping_white

Successfully appealed so I assume he'll be in the squad tonight.

Southcoastffc

GOOD NEWS! Lord knows we need some.

Kamara Red Rescinded
Friday 3 November 2017 13:30
The Club has today received confirmation that our appeal of the red card shown to Aboubakar Kamara during Tuesday's game with Bristol City has been successful.

The claim of wrongful dismissal has been upheld, and the player will serve no suspension.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Barrett487

Bristol City fuming after Bailey Wright is given simulation ban after Aboubakar Kamara's red was rescinded

BRISTOL CITY are fuming after Bailey Wright was handed a retrospective two-match ban for simulation.

Fulham striker Aboubakar Kamara was sent off for an off-the-ball collision with the Robins ace as the sides met last weekend.

But after the Cottagers successfully appealed the decision, Wright was hit with an FA rap.

City released a statement blasting the domino effect punishment - releasing footage of the incident to show there was contact.

It said: "We were hugely surprised by the decision of The FA overturn the red card shown to Fulham's Aboubakar Kamara on Tuesday night, but for The FA to then compound that by suspending Bailey for two matches is extremely disappointing.

"We were notified that a charge had been brought against Bailey for "successful deception of a match official" late on Thursday and given 24 hours to provide a response – right in the crucial window of preparation for our noon kick-off with Cardiff City at Ashton Gate.

"On receiving the charge, the information provided to us was extremely limited. The club was informed that a three-person panel, comprising former players, managers and referees, had concluded based on a review of video evidence of the incident, that an act of simulation had been committed by Bailey.

"This is a clear case in which there has been genuine contact between two players, which has caused Bailey to fall to the ground involuntarily and he has made no attempt to deceive the referee whatsoever."

There are no grounds for appeal - meaning Wright is set to miss this weekend's visit of Cardiff in the Severnside derby.

The Robins beat Fulham 2-0 at Craven Cottage thanks to strikes from Bobby Reid and Korey Smith.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4835175/bristol-city-bailey-wright-diving-ban-aboubakar-kamara/

Southcoastffc

That's even better news :-)     But where is the footage of the incident they refer to?  Not on SKY or FFCTV

gang

Pushed in the chest and falling down holding your face is simulation, what part of that don't Bristol City understand?

BedsFFC

Good on the FA. Kamara was silly but it is something that happens 100's time a match. If you get sent off for that, 8 players would be sent off at every corner.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 03, 2017, 01:40:40 PM
Bristol City fuming after Bailey Wright is given simulation ban after Aboubakar Kamara's red was rescinded

BRISTOL CITY are fuming after Bailey Wright was handed a retrospective two-match ban for simulation.

Fulham striker Aboubakar Kamara was sent off for an off-the-ball collision with the Robins ace as the sides met last weekend.

But after the Cottagers successfully appealed the decision, Wright was hit with an FA rap.

City released a statement blasting the domino effect punishment - releasing footage of the incident to show there was contact.

It said: "We were hugely surprised by the decision of The FA overturn the red card shown to Fulham's Aboubakar Kamara on Tuesday night, but for The FA to then compound that by suspending Bailey for two matches is extremely disappointing.

"We were notified that a charge had been brought against Bailey for "successful deception of a match official" late on Thursday and given 24 hours to provide a response – right in the crucial window of preparation for our noon kick-off with Cardiff City at Ashton Gate.

"On receiving the charge, the information provided to us was extremely limited. The club was informed that a three-person panel, comprising former players, managers and referees, had concluded based on a review of video evidence of the incident, that an act of simulation had been committed by Bailey.

"This is a clear case in which there has been genuine contact between two players, which has caused Bailey to fall to the ground involuntarily and he has made no attempt to deceive the referee whatsoever."

There are no grounds for appeal - meaning Wright is set to miss this weekend's visit of Cardiff in the Severnside derby.

The Robins beat Fulham 2-0 at Craven Cottage thanks to strikes from Bobby Reid and Korey Smith.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4835175/bristol-city-bailey-wright-diving-ban-aboubakar-kamara/

The thing is, their video evidence makes them look stupid as it's clear as day that Kamara runs into him, doesn't make contact with his head, and then the guy proceeds to roll around clutching his head like he's been shot, hence the deception.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on November 03, 2017, 01:44:49 PM
So what happens to the ref and lino?

They want hanging ideally.

If you look at the video Bristol City put up, ref isn't even looking and the Lino isn't either - questions have to be asked of them because what can they possibly say in their match report when writing up why they gave a red card??