Author Topic: So how long has Slavisa realistically got?  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Wearethewhites

• Legend
So how long has Slavisa realistically got?
« on: December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »
1, 2 games? Until after the January window? Longer?

I’d just like to see what everyone else thinks, because people seem to have different opinions about the situation.

I stated in a recent post, that I’m seriously losing my patience with him, and I am, but, when you look at other factors surround him, it’s not that simple.

1) No, he wasn’t backed in the summer, however, that squad should be getting better results than it currently is. Will the owners think that he deserves a January transfer window, or will they want to give it to a new guy?

2) We’ve clueless owners, who are likely to stick with him a lot longer than he warrants, however, are they aware of his arrogance to do things ‘his’ way, which is costing us games.

3) Even if we did replace Slav, is it likely that another coach will buy into our stats based policy? As it stands, I still think he’s trying to prove a point.

Offline Statto

• cebu
Re: So how long has Slavisa realistically got?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »
End of season I’d say.

He has to be given another full transfer window, after the disaster of the last one, with a decent net spend this time. He also has to be given time for the dust to settle on recent (and likely pending) board-level changes.

He should be given some major leeway based on last season. He has demonstrated that he can get us into the top 6, so unless we are getting someone with a solid gold Championship track record, there’s more logical justification for believing Jokanovic will turn things around than there is for thinking a new manager will get us up.

In any case, we’re now at the point where no incoming manager will be able to get us promoted until next season, so what’s the point in moving sooner?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:42:28 PM by Statto »

Offline west kowloon white

• Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »
Don't think you are going to get a rational opinion whilst the predictable post defeat posts are coming in...yawn.

Offline MrD1879

• tjl
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 08:12:29 PM »
Don't think you are going to get a rational opinion whilst the predictable post defeat posts are coming in...yawn.

Think the reactions are pretty rational to me. Having been there today and watched the mind boggling display from several of our players and our esteemed coach then his departure can't come soon enough.

He can berate the transfer policy but if you set up a team like that and then throw on Fonte when you need to try and relieve some pressure and create a chance then your time is up.

You get no value in January and this season has gone

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »
A defeat Home to Brum, could be one defeat too many. If we lose to Sunderland and make it three defeats in a row. Then his position will become untenable, assuming he is still here by then. Because I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel except an enormous locomotive coming towards me at a barbaric speed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Offline Berserker

• Mr Fayed
  • Sadly my enthusiam is often way above my expertise
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 09:14:46 PM »
I don't think he'll be sacked just before the transfer window as I expect targets have been lined up for him by now. If he was going to be sacked it would have been a few matches ago.
Saying that they may have a new manager lined up already or trying to get one so they may want to get him on board for January

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Robbie

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
It is difficult to see how the current situation can be turned around with Slav.
Everything looks wrong at the moment.
We have good players playing out of position, confused and visibly blaming each other on the pitch.

We need a fresh look, some discipline, a better game plan, better basic tactics.

Offline Wearethewhites

• Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:46 PM »
For me, the owners know they’ve screwed up in the summer (if they don’t, then they’re absolute morons basically).

They also know, that Slav only has was he has to work with, until January, so, I can’t see them being to trigger happy.

They also know, that Kline has been a big interference, so maybe feel, that Slavisa is also warranted more time.

In Fulham’s position, who else is going to want to come to the Club, and work under Tony’s stats based policy?

Thinking about it, the Club may well know this season is already a write off, so, the only thing to do, is to continue to back Slav, and put things right this Jan, next summer.

On the flip side..

Slavisa, can not be allowed to carry on how he is, playing players out of position, making odd subs, and being arrogant towards certain players. Regardless, he’s here to win games, and get the best out of what he has, and I done feel he’s doing that.

As it stands, I don’t feel he’s the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

Anyway, let’s see who comes out of this with the bigger set of balls.

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
For me, the owners know they’ve screwed up in the summer (if they don’t, then they’re absolute morons basically).

They also know, that Slav only has was he has to work with, until January, so, I can’t see them being to trigger happy.

They also know, that Kline has been a big interference, so maybe feel, that Slavisa is also warranted more time.

In Fulham’s position, who else is going to want to come to the Club, and work under Tony’s stats based policy?

Thinking about it, the Club may well know this season is already a write off, so, the only thing to do, is to continue to back Slav, and put things right this Jan, next summer.

On the flip side..

Slavisa, can not be allowed to carry on how he is, playing players out of position, making odd subs, and being arrogant towards certain players. Regardless, he’s here to win games, and get the best out of what he has, and I done feel he’s doing that.

As it stands, I don’t feel he’s the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

You are beginning to sound like me.....ANGRY!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Offline JoelH5

• Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »

On the flip side..

Completely agree with you. The season is far from over though. If we are able to turn things around starting with the January window, we still have a (slim) chance at top 6. Is Jokanović the man to do that? I don’t think so
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Offline Statto

• cebu
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »
I don’t feel he’s the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

A reasonable post but I cannot agree with this part at all.
He got Watford out of the division, He got us into the play-offs in 2017 (best team in the league for the majority of the season and favourites to win those play-offs) and We went into this season 2nd favourites to go up... he clearly has the necessary blueprint but it's just not working at the moment

Online @jolslover

• Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
I don’t feel he’s the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

He got Watford out of the division, He got us into the play-offs in 2017 (best team in the league for the majority of the season and favourites to win those play-offs) and We went into this season 2nd favourites to go up... he clearly has the necessary blueprint but it's just not working at the moment

Agree
STH H3

Offline Berserker

• Mr Fayed
  • Sadly my enthusiam is often way above my expertise
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »

On the flip side..

well said

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Matt10

• tjl
  • Fulham Supporter. Kansas.USA
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 10:12:54 PM »

Good points. Was his decision making just as questionable last year? I wasn't part of this board last year, but I watched every match.

Offline RaySmith

• cebu
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »
Kit was sacked when he didn't make the required points  total half way through the season, so presumably  Slavisa's performance will be being monitored, but you might think that  his achievement last season will give him more  leeway, plus the problems with injuries and   bedding in new players - who may not be ones he would have chosen himself.

BUT owners are ruthless these days, because football is a big money business, and there won't be any room for sentiment if the khans feel that  someone else will be more likely to get us up than Slavisa.

But there is also the  important aspect of who else to bring in.  Would they think they couldn't get anyone better?

We haven't gelled so far this season, but i think this could be near to happening -  maybe a couple of new players and a bit of tweaking. To sack the manager would mean starting all over again.

So i think Slavisa is probably safe for the time being- if our results aren't too terrible, which i don't think they will be. We have the quality to turn things round, but we definitely need  new players in certains positions - strikers and defenders-as the manager has said himself.

We created the chances to win today, while our defence made  calamitous errors - how many times has this happned this season?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:30:10 PM by RaySmith »