News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long has Slavisa realistically got?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 09, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
After today's win, he should be with us for another week.

Betts clean sheet should guarantee he will be the Custodian next week, and we must give Sunderland and Chris Coleman a Bloody nose.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Can see the khans leaving slav at fulham to get on with the job till he leaves on his own terms.

Lighthouse

Same old frustration at not scoring when well on top. Same old frustration of giving the ball away. Could have messed up when they were awarded a penalty but missed it. Not sure today did anything to change opinions. Same old Fulham. Subs worked well however. Even Fonte did ok when he came on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on December 09, 2017, 06:17:43 PM
Can see the khans leaving slav at fulham to get on with the job till he leaves on his own terms.

That is most probably the likeliest scenario.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 09, 2017, 08:53:03 PM
Same old frustration at not scoring when well on top. Same old frustration of giving the ball away. Could have messed up when they were awarded a penalty but missed it. Not sure today did anything to change opinions. Same old Fulham. Subs worked well however. Even Fonte did ok when he came on.

Birmingham, only four goals and no wins away from home and we put in a performance that looked like a repeat of the Millwall performance. We would have failed to win but for the terrible penalty miss, we are not performing well.
Can you imagine what we would be saying right now if those last two tight, tight games at the Cottage had gone the other way.

Fulham Tup North

092.gif  The big issue is not how long has he got, but if he goes who the hell do we replace him with??
Another lunatic like Felix?  Who out there is out of work who would unite the FFC fans?
Please no-one mention that arse Redknapp  063.gif
There are no brilliant names sat at home awaiting Khan's phone call.
Sometimes better the devil you know!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bill taylors apprentice

Until we sign two or three players that are first choice and complete the team

i.e. a proper CF, a proper CH and a Keeper who commands the defence

I will always regard this manager as having to do his job with one hand tied behind his back.

Snibbo

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 10, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

I will always regard this manager as having to do his job with one hand tied behind his back.
He does a good job of tying the other one behind his back by his team selection and substitutions. Please,  play our most dangerous player in attack not defence

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 10, 2017, 01:08:51 PM
092.gif  The big issue is not how long has he got, but if he goes who the hell do we replace him with??
Another lunatic like Felix?  Who out there is out of work who would unite the FFC fans?

Have you ever considered that arse Redknapp ?

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 10, 2017, 01:08:51 PM

I hope that Jocanovic can put a few good performances and results together now that will enable him to keep his job at least until the end of the season. Jocanovic's programme notes were interesting, he said that his staff and he had already identified what would be the best options to improve the squad and add team quality.

This suggests that he will determine who we sign and that new signings are planned in the winter window.
If he gets his men in January but we see no improvement in the second half of the season then he will be getting close to the end of his contract and we need to have a replacement in mind.

Lets not have a repeat performance of what happened when we sacked Kit, we should always have a secret short list available. I see no reason why Danny Murphy shouldn't be on that list right now.

MikeW

Calls for Danny Murphy must be tempered by the fact he has no managerial experience.  I would go for someone like Daryl Clarke at Bristol Rovers ... bright, up and coming coach, communicates well, a bit in the mould of the Bristol City's Lee Johnson - he's not doing too badly.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

toshes mate

Agree.

I actually commend SJ for being a true professional compared to the bunch of amateurs that he has to work under.  At least he, and he alone, has made possible a better showing in the Championship than any of those before him often against ridiculous odds.  It would not hurt the Club to give him free rein for the next eighteen months or so if Khan really believes in 'whatever it takes'.  SJ is not a spendthrift and doesn't need the 'best'.  He needs players who are willing and able to play to the system and give it their best shot.

If the Club wants to be better then it had best look at shaking up the recruitment team and deciding who should go and who should stay.  To say we could do better in that domain is an understatement.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: toshes mate on December 11, 2017, 09:17:46 AM
Agree.

I actually commend SJ for being a true professional compared to the bunch of amateurs that he has to work under.  At least he, and he alone, has made possible a better showing in the Championship than any of those before him often against ridiculous odds.  It would not hurt the Club to give him free rein for the next eighteen months or so if Khan really believes in 'whatever it takes'.  SJ is not a spendthrift and doesn't need the 'best'.  He needs players who are willing and able to play to the system and give it their best shot.

If the Club wants to be better then it had best look at shaking up the recruitment team and deciding who should go and who should stay.  To say we could do better in that domain is an understatement.

0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on December 11, 2017, 09:17:46 AM
Agree.

Absolutely, and the absent Chairman and the club are lucky Jok has not walked away from working with these amateurs, and I include both Khans as well as the disgraced statts control Freak, the Chairmans Sons best mate Kline, and anyone else amongst the recruitment merchants, that falls into that category of not pursuing anyone over the age of 28, or looking into Divisions One and Two.
What a way to run a Professional Football Club, and we wonder why we have only won a third of our matches to date, and nearly all by the odd goal.

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

in any properly-run football club, people such as the chairman's son and Kline who know nothing about football would not be let within a mile of making decisions on recruitment or on which players to sell. It is farcical and it is no wonder that the coach is getting increasingly fed up with such a ludicrous situation. As I know nothing whatsoever about his business perhaps I should ask Mr. Kahn to give me a highly-paid job making decisions on how to run it.  Rank bad management by any standards

Facts Not Fiction

I will always regard our manager as doing his job with one eye closed, as he seemed to have not noticed the talent he perpetually leaves out.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Tonywa on December 11, 2017, 08:58:14 PM
in any properly-run football club, people such as the chairman's son and Kline who know nothing about football would not be let within a mile of making decisions on recruitment or on which players to sell. It is farcical and it is no wonder that the coach is getting increasingly fed up with such a ludicrous situation. As I know nothing whatsoever about his business perhaps I should ask Mr. Kahn to give me a highly-paid job making decisions on how to run it.  Rank bad management by any standards

Brian Talbot, a scout who's been in the game for years, is part of the scouting team.

RaySmith

I think Slava will keep his job as long as  results continue to improve, but maybe not if they nosedive again.

I also think he could leave in the summer, depending on how this season pans out.

It seems irrational - you get a manager in, who has a certain style of play, and gets this implemented through the club at all levels, then he can be  summarily sacked, and someone else comes in  who wants to play in a different way, with different players.

But maybe the club  wants to keep Slava and won't just sack him if his results  are poor, like they did with Kit. But if relegation seems possible then owners can panic.

Woolly Mammoth

Even though we are still not halfway through our fixtures, and also still in the FA Cup. There is an element of gloom around the place, and understandbly so.
I think Jok is more than likely to leave at the end of the season, than be sacked. If this club does decide to sack him for what ever reason. Then who will replace him that's available to do any better with the resources we have.
Also as mentioned now that we have a certain system of play that is implemented throughout the club. What exactly are we going to gain by changing manager at any stage this season.
Too much upheaval and for what.
Yes Jok has made some odd decisions in selecting the Team at times, and Sess at left back is doing nobody any good.
Yes the spine of the Team is comparatively weak, will any of this be addressed in January.
Whether it does or not, I still cannot see any advantage in sacking him during this season.
I shall not give up hope until it's mathematically impossible to reach top six.
I feel the season so far has been a damp squib for all the obvious reasons that have been debated on different threads.
If Jok reaches the end of the season unscathed, I would not blame him if he left of his own accord.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 11, 2017, 11:35:34 PM
I will always regard our manager as doing his job with one eye closed, as he seemed to have not noticed the talent he perpetually leaves out.
Perhaps you have both eyes and your mind closed.  There is absolutely no way you can prove your point since the season cannot be played over again with your 'selections' instead of his, and perhaps that is just as well too.