Main Menu

Biggest crowd of the season

Started by FulhamStu, February 14, 2018, 02:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Hammersmith end, just a few at the front and a few restricted views left

Riverside sold out

Putney end sold out

Johnny Haynes, restricted views left, of which there are a few but a few hundred max.

Could completely sell out, could be our biggest crowd since the Premier days.

thebumponleroyshead

Be lovely to hit 25k. I'd take a draw given they'll make the Putney sound like the Holte. But their run will end, some of their more humble fans realize this and know it may be at the hands of the ball players by the Thames. COYW get into 'em.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

FulhamStu

I think a lot depends on how much influence Cairney and Mitro have.  If they were both 100% I think we take them, if not we still could.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 14, 2018, 03:18:18 PM
I think a lot depends on how much influence Cairney and Mitro have.  If they were both 100% I think we take them, if not we still could.

Cairney could be critical for us, he can turn a game single handed on his day. But I haven't seen anything to suggest Mitro can have a critical influence. In fact i'm Not even sure I would start with him.  He's slow and would play into JT's ageing hands, I would prefer we utilised pace up front which possibly means AK?

FulhamStu

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2018, 03:34:16 PM

Cairney could be critical for us, he can turn a game single handed on his day. But I haven't seen anything to suggest Mitro can have a critical influence. In fact i'm Not even sure I would start with him.  He's slow and would play into JT's ageing hands, I would prefer we utilised pace up front which possibly means AK?

That's why I said if 100% fit.   If Mitro is not up to speed I would start Fonte, then replace with Kamara.

Cairney gives us control in a game and can unlock a defence better than anyone else we have.  I doubt he will be 100% either but agree with you, he is our main differentiator and will be vital to a successful run in.  This Villa game may have come a few weeks too early for both Cairney and Mitro but again, I agree Cairney is more important than Mitro for me as well, Mitro has got to prove his worth for sure.

hovewhite

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2018, 03:34:16 PM

think AK could be our potent weapon backed up by a fit TC.

filham

Mitro has had his two games to settle in, pressure is on him for a performance and a goal now.
Cairney is a mystery, we have been told little about his injury and we are not sure if he is fully fit or whether we are just
testing the water again with another short run out.
We need a fully fit Cairney back in the team and if this is not available for a while we may do better to settle for the solid and reliable Norwood. Similarly if Mitrovic cannot produce a top showing we should settle for Kamara.

No room now for those who cannot give 100%.

filham

Oh, the gate , yes should be the biggest of the season , plenty of loud Villa fans and I suspect that there will be a good sprinkling of Terry fans prepared to make the journey from the other end of the Fulham Road.

mrmicawbers

Was Looking at the Wolves game and it looks like it's going in the same direction.The numbers this year have held up well generally and making our friends down the road suffer in their attendances. Love it.Does anyone know when next season prices will be announced?

filham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 14, 2018, 07:01:53 PM
Was Looking at the Wolves game and it looks like it's going in the same direction.The numbers this year have held up well generally and making our friends down the road suffer in their attendances. Love it.Does anyone know when next season prices will be announced?

It would make sense for the club to hang on for a while before announcing next season's ticket prices. If the Premiership is still a possibility in April they could add 10% to the price without loss of ticket sales.

filham

Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2018, 06:28:11 PM
Agree this is a game for Kamara

Villa will come forward, try and press us when we have the ball and throw people forward when they have the ball. with an elderly John Terry at the back that's asking for trouble, and AK47 is just the man to bring it to them

save fonte for the teams like burton who sit deep and need careful unlocking
OK that's my dream all set up for Friday night , Kamara leaving Terry standing as he scores a first half hat trick.

toshes mate

It will be good to see and hear a big crowd at Craven Cottage for another of many a big game as we progress toward the business end of 2017/18.  It feels good to be involved in the fight for a top six finish in February with a team that hasn't repeated the up-down form of last season but has found a way of improving upon its points return if not the choreographed brilliance of a year ago.  All I hope for are the same small improvements this team have had throughout 2017/18.  They key will be, as ever, the midfield dynamics and I am pretty sure we will see at least one surprise starter tomorrow.  I don't worry about Villa but I do expect them to worry about us.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on February 16, 2018, 07:35:26 AM
It will be good to see and hear a big crowd at Craven Cottage for another of many a big game as we progress toward the business end of 2017/18.  It feels good to be involved in the fight for a top six finish in February with a team that hasn't repeated the up-down form of last season but has found a way of improving upon its points return if not the choreographed brilliance of a year ago.  All I hope for are the same small improvements this team have had throughout 2017/18.  They key will be, as ever, the midfield dynamics and I am pretty sure we will see at least one surprise starter tomorrow.  I don't worry about Villa but I do expect them to worry about us.
The trouble is we are only going to hear the 6000 Villa supporters, I sit in Putney end and you just do not hear anything from Hammersmith, but i am sure they give their all for the cause.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on February 16, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
It will be good to see and hear a big crowd at Craven Cottage
The trouble is we are only going to hear the 6000 Villa supporters, I sit in Putney end and you just do not hear anything from Hammersmith, but i am sure they give their all for the cause.
I absolutely agree and my one regret is that FFC haven't found a solution to carrying the sound of the Hammy End to at least match the Putney End acoustics.  I have mentioned this on other threads and really do not believe it would cost bucketloads for the Club to improve it.  Over a season it would probably be worth a handful of points to us and they may prove priceless in a close run in.     

irishfulham

I sit in Johnny Haynes bang in middle never hear Hammersmith just Putney usual chants of is this a library blah blah blah

Southdowns White

Would be nice if we could make some noise tomorrow, it's contagious the more noise the more others join in, think back to the Euro days.
It's seems odd that more people join in with the singing at away games even though it's the same people. There are always exceptions, there are two guys that sit near me who never get even slightly animated regardless of who we are playing and how important the game is. COYWs

Woolly Mammoth

It's time all Fulham fans tomorrow make a proper racket all round the ground, yes a proper RACKET, after all it is our patch not theirs.
Come on don't be shy, be passionate be noisy be up for it, it's worth a goal start to players.
Anyone caught not making any noise should be fined between £100 and £1,000 depending on how quiet you are, and that includes you, yes that's right especially YOU 👉 👈 👇 🖕
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I cannot  wait. Am exercising my vocal chords by pretending that Sir Knickerless Clegg has invited himself into my house for an evening meal.  COYW :yay: :yay: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 049:gif 049:gif

Thank you and good night 

092.gif

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bog on February 16, 2018, 04:22:55 PM
I cannot  wait. Am exercising my vocal chords by pretending that Sir Knickerless Clegg has invited himself into my house for an evening meal.  COYW :yay: :yay: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 049:gif 049:gif

Thank you and good night 

092.gif
That's a slightly disturbing image!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Riversider

Quote from: toshes mate on February 16, 2018, 11:54:21 AM
Quote from: alfie on February 16, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
It will be good to see and hear a big crowd at Craven Cottage
I absolutely agree and my one regret is that FFC haven't found a solution to carrying the sound of the Hammy End to at least match the Putney End acoustics.  I have mentioned this on other threads and really do not believe it would cost bucketloads for the Club to improve it.  Over a season it would probably be worth a handful of points to us and they may prove priceless in a close run in.     
)

Can we please stop this absolute nonsense please, the abysmal atmosphere at Craven Cottage has got nothing to do with acoustics,  or the roof or the gaps to the side of the stand, but everything to do with the 4000 people that inhabit it,
We are not pi**ed up, vocal, vociferous supporters, never have been , never will be,
The last home game against Forest must rank as an all time low, you couldn't hear The Hammersmith End for the first 70 minutes , they might as well have all stayed at home,
Huddersfield v Bournemouth last weekend was rocking, even though all their 4 stands are miles apart from each other, the difference between them and us was that they had thousands of Yorkshire men stood up for 90 minutes making an effort,
If anybody on here thinks I'm wrong and wants to try and defend our abysmal support, I have a challenge for you, when the game kicks off tomorrow stay standing, outstretch your arms and bellow out "come on you Whites" , I guarantee within a minute people are screaming at you to sit down (and shut up basically) it's the nature of football life in SW6 sadly.