Notes from the Trust's February meeting with Fulham FC

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 22, 2018, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

SuffolkWhite

"Jeeze man
Take a pill
There are local objections to the design and locals who don't like it have to have their day.
The club nor the FST can change local govt democracy and process.
These folks give up considerable time and energy to participate in FST and I for one am grateful.
So should you be.
Get a little perspective and realise that not everything orbits around your particular sun.
Also a bit of respect wouldn't go amiss"

Well said Terry R

You can only please some of the people some of the time and not all of the people all the time!

And Some you will never please  :doh:

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 24, 2018, 11:13:26 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 23, 2018, 02:59:18 PM
the plan for the major work has always been next year with these plans. There was no need to look at moving ST holders this summer. But that subject is high on the agenda for us and the club and we have started looking at various options and ideas already.

MJG, in fairness to Riversider I am having trouble understanding this comment and your comment when we discussed the stand a couple of months ago

Quote from: MJG on December 18, 2017, 01:05:20 PM
The work should start in May 2018 if planning is granted in March, but there will be no need to close down the riverside stand until end of 2018/19 season and then the stand is due to be knocked down...

If we get planning In march and none of it starts next summer then of course something is not right.

are you saying work was intended to start in 2018 or not?

in fairness to the club, i cannot see anything from them saying that, and based on their latest comments to the FST, i cannot see how they ever thought work would start this year...

you seem to be saying it was intended to start this year but only 'minor' works...??
if you look at the planning timetable in the submission MAJOR work is due next year. Major as in pulling down the stand and moving people. Minor work this year. I'm out and about at moment but will post that data when back from match.
A lot of it is down to when the planning meeting is and decision made.

Riversider

the plan for the major work has always been next year with these plans. There was no need to look at moving ST holders this summer. But that subject is high on the agenda for us and the club and we have started looking at various options and ideas already.

MJG, in fairness to Riversider I am having trouble understanding this comment and your comment when we discussed the stand a couple of months ago

The work should start in May 2018 if planning is granted in March, but there will be no need to close down the riverside stand until end of 2018/19 season and then the stand is due to be knocked down...

If we get planning In march and none of it starts next summer then of course something is not right.

in fairness to the club, i cannot see anything from them saying that, and based on their latest comments to the FST, i cannot see how they ever thought work would start this year...

you seem to be saying it was intended to start this year but only 'minor' works...??

Thanks for that Statto, and respect to you for taking the time to do it, I could trawl through my previous posts to find numerous posts to show that the goal posts have been moved countless times on the commencement date, but I won't now as you have done the job for me,
My concern now is though, with the start being moved to at least 13 months away that anything could happen in such a long period of time, I feel that if somebody like yourself had been at the FST meeting or I had been there then such a simple question like "why ?" Would have been raised when it was announced that work was being moved back to next year,
All seems further away than ever .

b+w geezer

First there needs to be planning permission

Then pre-commencement requirements need to be satisfied (not yet known what they are, but there have been loads previously)

While that is happening, contractors can be readied with some kind of date in mind,

Riversideer's suggestion that "the goal posts have been moved countless times on the commencement date" presumably applies to past planning applications.  If not, heaven knows what he means, since this application was lodged a few months ago and is waiting to be heard.

Right now there is zero, absolutely zero anyone can do to get cracking and any talk of work being delayed simply lacks meaning.  It will be reasonable to start getting upset when permission has been received, the pre-commencement obligations are known and the club is not lifting any fingers towards moving further.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on February 24, 2018, 01:51:33 PM

Thanks for that Statto, and respect to you for taking the time to do it, I could trawl through my previous posts to find numerous posts to show that the goal posts have been moved countless times on the commencement date, but I won't now as you have done the job for me,
My concern now is though, with the start being moved to at least 13 months away that anything could happen in such a long period of time, I feel that if somebody like yourself had been at the FST meeting or I had been there then such a simple question like "why ?" Would have been raised when it was announced that work was being moved back to next year,
All seems further away than ever .
your initial post implied that you thought major work and movement of ST holders would be this summer. It never was planned like that since new plans came out in the September.Why you can't see that I don't understand.

MJG

From the schedule of works in current planning application based on a March planning meeting.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 24, 2018, 02:45:43 PM
Thanks MJG - so i presume that is still the timeline then, because the club have said in the latest FST meeting they're "still confident that a decision would be reached prior to the purdah period ahead of the 2018 local council elections."

(The elections are in early May so I imagine purdah would start in March/April, So the club are saying they still expect to get a planning decision by then.)
that's the hope. If its not in the planning meetings before the elections then sadly it will be.be put back.