watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Coverage....

Started by Baston White, April 20, 2018, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Yet another biased set of commentators including our own Mark Schawtzer.
Still disputing Millwall goal should have been allowed despite Millwall guy all over Taggert.

Milo

I was, like you, chuckling to myself while making a cup of tea as I heard them try to make a case for that goal standing.

However I do sort of see what they're talking about.. it's true that Target didn't go for the ball. However it is also true their player jumped all over Target and wrapped his arms around his face. It's definitely a foul for me. You slow it down it actually looks worse.

Baszab

So obviously a foul not even worth discussing

BestOfBrede

Totally agree - what on earth were they thinking!
The bloke had his hands around Targetts throat and  all they could say was 'Targett wasn't watching the ball and all that was on his mind was backing into the Millwall player!?
Can't believe Swartzer! They also complemented Millwall many. Times, but never mentioned the ugly tactics, except for the Cahill incident! Typical Sky!!

bucksfulham

The commentary team said it was a clear foul. Good enough for me.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

FFCFOREVER

I thought the ref actually had a blinder tonight.Got MOST of the big decesions right.What  a difference a prem level ref makes compared to the rest of the usual dross we see week in week out.

Milo

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on April 20, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
I thought the ref actually had a blinder tonight.Got MOST of the big decesions right.What  a difference a prem level ref makes compared to the rest of the usual dross we see week in week out.

Exactly. Confident. Let play run appropriately. Complete control of a game that could've bubbled over.

Didn't see the elbow or would've punished it.

Stevieboy

Agree.....thought they were watching a different game!
And Andrew Martiner top class, although he missed a couple of dugs on TC,Mitro and that GBH by Cahill, hope he gets a retrospective red, if possible.
And also Harris, begrudgingly complementing us, saying goals were disappointing due to positional errors etc. Surely that's what football is all about and those that can exploit the errors and failings of their opponents come out on top.
Also on another note, the Millwall forum was all over what a sell out the game was yet there were gaps all over the place in their areas.

HobGoblin

Lol Swartzer, You know that so called Fulham legend only seems happy when he has "Former Chelsea and Leicester Goalkeeper" as his intro line on highlights on bbc/sky.

He comes across to me as embarassed he even played for us, I find him more annoying than at any time. Would like him to actually give a damn about us post playing

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

except a couple of challenges by Cahill near the end
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Milo on April 20, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
I was, like you, chuckling to myself while making a cup of tea as I heard them try to make a case for that goal standing.

However I do sort of see what they're talking about.. it's true that Target didn't go for the ball. However it is also true their player jumped all over Target and wrapped his arms around his face. It's definitely a foul for me. You slow it down it actually looks worse.

Well done to you Sir for only drinking a cup of tea, nerves of steel  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 20, 2018, 10:25:07 PM
The bloke had his hands around Targetts throat and  all they could say was 'Targett wasn't watching the ball and all that was on his mind was backing into the Millwall player!?
Can't believe Swartzer! They also complemented Millwall many. Times, but never mentioned the ugly tactics, except for the Cahill incident! Typical Sky!!
Hardly Sky's fault that Schwartz and Andrews say goal was good
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFCSteve

Have to say I was annoyed with the wholey biased view of the match commentators!
I for one thought our game tactics were spot on! Early pressure absorbed first half, total dominance and class ahead second half!
As far as the disallowed goal, if that had been one of our players jumping on one of their players the other end, would it not have been a penalty!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Twig

Quote from: HobGoblin on April 20, 2018, 10:53:44 PM
Lol Swartzer, You know that so called Fulham legend only seems happy when he has "Former Chelsea and Leicester Goalkeeper" as his intro line on highlights on bbc/sky.

He comes across to me as embarassed he even played for us, I find him more annoying than at any time. Would like him to actually give a damn about us post playing

Who is Swartzer sic?

Twig

Quote from: Baston White on April 20, 2018, 10:18:46 PM
Yet another biased set of commentators including our own Mark Schawtzer.
Still disputing Millwall goal should have been allowed despite Millwall guy all over Taggert.

Who is Shawtzer?

Twig

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 20, 2018, 10:25:07 PM

Who is Swartzer?

Twig

Guys, Mark Schwarzer was one of our great Fulham keepers. You might want to try learning how to spell his name before you try to knock him.

Bill2

how did he miss that forearm smash on Fredo, surprised the police did not come on to the pitch and arrest him for GBH.

ron

Milo

Quote from: Twig on April 20, 2018, 11:32:01 PM
Guys, Mark Shwarzer was one of our great Fulham keepers. You might want to try learning how to spell his name before you try to knock him.

To be fair the old auto-correct on the mobile struggled so much with Schwarzer for me too that I gave up and just posted something else