watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon

I'm sure someone will tell me but why has the Fulham official Twitter just liked Danny Ings birthday tweet?

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Dragon on July 23, 2018, 02:43:40 PM
I'm sure someone will tell me but why has the Fulham official Twitter just liked Danny Ings birthday tweet?

Would assume someone's finger just slipped while they were looking through the timeline given we're presumably following the Liverpool account.

FFC1987

Usually that means he's signing. Seem it like that about 83% of the time.

HillingdonFFC

Hearing that Alfie Mawson hasnt signed on the dotted line for Burnley yet. Lopez ,who it sounds like Slav really wants is weighing up an improved contract offer from Espanyol.
I reckon we'll have to pay miles over the odds to get him, just dont know why we dont stump up that little bit extra & get Mawson.
Hes desperate to return to London, ticks a lot boxes, young, English etc.

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 23, 2018, 03:26:55 PM
Hearing that Alfie Mawson hasnt signed on the dotted line for Burnley yet. Lopez ,who it sounds like Slav really wants is weighing up an improved contract offer from Espanyol.
I reckon we'll have to pay miles over the odds to get him, just dont know why we dont stump up that little bit extra & get Mawson.

Probably because Mawson had knee surgery and won't be fit for the start of the season?

filham

Quote from: supersimmo123 on July 23, 2018, 01:35:14 PM
2 other reports linking us with Willian Jose now. Maybe the Mitro deal has hit a snag...
The Mitro deal seems to have been snagged since we left Wembley.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 23, 2018, 01:54:46 PM
I'd love if we did sign Willian Jose don't get me wrong. He's levels above Mitrovic and not that more expensive. I just think this is one that's been taken from thin air to try and get Fulham and Newcastle fans a bit worked up before Mitrovic is made official.

Sure enough.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-left-sweating-aleksandar-14942598

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2018, 03:29:45 PM

Probably because Mawson had knee surgery and won't be fit for the start of the season?

Hes back in training & hopes to be ready for the start of the season

Holders

IF that's correct it's the result of their own procrastination.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DevonFFC

Quote from: Holders on July 23, 2018, 03:41:28 PM

Mitro did amazingly well for us I just hope we don't pin to much hope on him in the Prem, we ideally need two strikers this window to push each other on for a place

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 23, 2018, 03:39:21 PM

Knees are a problem area though so I can sort of see where the club are coming from. We need any CB we buy to probably drop in and be ready to play instantly and if he's not gonna be ready or he has complications then it's a hindrance to the club. I admit I think he's a decent player that would fit in well for us, but the only thing I would say is that he's not the quickest and we play quite a high line so that might also be a factor.

Holders

Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2018, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: Holders on July 23, 2018, 03:41:28 PM

Mitro did amazingly well for us I just hope we don't pin to much hope on him in the Prem, we ideally need two strikers this window to push each other on for a place

I agree, I took to the bloke and I think he took to us so I'd like to see him back but Newcastle have been playing silly b*ggers. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JoelH5

Willian José would be a great signing for us. He's rated very highly.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

Alexander Meier (35) free agent,top scorer in Bundesliga 2015....Or is he past it?

Nero

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2018, 03:45:34 PM

Knees are a problem area though so I can sort of see where the club are coming from. We need any CB we buy to probably drop in and be ready to play instantly and if he's not gonna be ready or he has complications then it's a hindrance to the club. I admit I think he's a decent player that would fit in well for us, but the only thing I would say is that he's not the quickest and we play quite a high line so that might also be a factor.

Yea we were lucky not to sign John Carew all those years ago!!!!!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Nero on July 23, 2018, 04:02:42 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2018, 03:45:34 PM

Yea we were lucky not to sign John Carew all those years ago!!!!!

😂 yep, apparently  due to jumpers knee?? Played another 250 games & scored about a 100 goals after he failed it

DevonFFC

Twitter are saying Newcastle are favourites for Danny Wellbeck now

FFC1987

Newcastle on loan is a weird one.....Seems they can't afford him but are favourites for a loan deal.

colinwhite

Mitro deal is already sorted and will go aheead when he gets back from hols according to "the Mag.co.uk
"