https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our keeper looks dodgy

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 18, 2018, 06:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 19, 2018, 02:17:10 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 19, 2018, 01:11:25 AM
I was unsure last week but he had a great game today. When he spilled the ball he made up for it. His positioning all game was spot on.

He was better than last week's fiasco, but I'm not sure why so many on this board are giving Fabri credit for doing the mere basics you'd expect of any keeper. He didn't make one save of any quality today, wasn't at fault for any of the three goals. Still had a couple flappy moments on crosses. Pretty mediocre, tbh.

He didn't make one save of any quality? Haha really? What about the save when we came out to shut their striker down? The freekick save? Ali's volley!

They may have looked easy saves to you but that's because he got his positioning correct. I berated him after last week but he looked a lot better this one.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

He looked better v Spurs,work in progress.

choice_of_ends

Fabri is currently the leading Premier League goalkeeper in terms of saves. The three goals against Spurs were more or less unstoppable. Just one goal against Palace was his fault. Granted, he had some instabilities, but there was a lot of pressure caused by the our back line. So, in my understanding we rather have an issue further upfront.

Andy S

Any fault with the keeper yesterday was minor in my opinion. We were beaten by a well organised team as you would expect. We did alright at times but as a team never did enough to win or draw

Statto

Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 19, 2018, 08:00:09 AM
Fabri is currently the leading Premier League goalkeeper in terms of saves.

All that stat tells you is he plays for the team that has the most shots on target against it, in other words, the worst team in the league

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2018, 10:07:54 AM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 19, 2018, 08:00:09 AM
Fabri is currently the leading Premier League goalkeeper in terms of saves.

All that stat tells you is he plays for the team that has the most shots on target against it, in other words, the worst team in the league
I wouldn't say, we're the worst team. I'd rather say, we are quite dodgy defensively. And it isn't per se Fabris fault. That's why I'd like to see a double six with KMac and Anguissa to stabilise the back 4, which means either Cairney or Seri out of the starting XI.