watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is the Championship so bad?

Started by Sinjun, October 20, 2018, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinjun

Am I alone in thinking that being in the Championship is so bad?
It's a league where anyone can beat anyone which adds to a more exciting watch.
I mostly know that there is a game on a Saturday and a Tuesday, good for away day planning.
Less Prima Donna diving and play acting and a greater opportunity for home grown talent to play.
So if we go down it ain't all bad.

Aaron

filham

But if we continue in the present manner we will be going down with minimum points and maximum goals conceded and expensive players who will want to be away, all the ingredients to go straight through the Championship into league 1.

hovewhite

Don't believe we'd drop straight through and could see a lot of acedemy players with good ability featuring.

Lighthouse

Well to be fair. If players make silly mistakes and fall over and slip and don't tackle and look confused and keep having players changing around them. Not changing kit but personnel. Although frankly they could change kit and still the passing would be the same. We would struggle with this team in any division. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WokinghamWhite

No. It's a much better league than a lot of people give it credit for. I went to Reading v Millwall today. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

New Kid on the Block

I used to enjoy our matches in The Championship.

I was as excited as everyone else, when we won the Play-Off Final, but I did have mixed feelings about being back in the Premier League. I thought we might struggle a little, but had no idea we would be this bad.

I feel sorry for Slav actually, as he's gone from Hero to Zero in no time at all. I guess that's the modern game. I think he deserves a couple more games to see if he can get it right, but he does look a Dead Man Walking, unfortunately.

St Eve

Quote from: Sinjun on October 20, 2018, 06:08:41 PM
I mostly know that there is a game on a Saturday and a Tuesday, good for away day planning.
Less Prima Donna diving and play acting and a greater opportunity for home grown talent to play.
Quote from: Sinjun on October 20, 2018, 06:08:41 PM
Yes. We are going through a tough time right now, but watching us play City, United, Chelsea is far superior than Bolton, Blackburn and Reading. Of course we take our fair share of thumpings and it is hard to take but for me the only place to be is in Premiership. With time maybe we can get into Europe again. That was a special time.

Carborundum

The Championship is great if you are able to get to games. 

Jimpav

It's a fantastic league and a lot of fun as a supporter.

I would be disappointed if we went back down though, more so because it would take the shine off last season, the coach, players and club as a whole worked so hard to get us up.

I've been pretty optimistic until yesterday but that was a crushing disappointment.

The players owe it to themselves to stay up, after that 23 match unbeaten run and incredible day out at Wembley.

Berserker

I like the Championship but after our struggle to get back in the Premier league, which is no mean feat from the Championship,  I don't want us to straight back down again.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

Agree - we definitely need to do everything to stay up, especially after our struggles, and eventual glorious triumph,  to get to the Prem.

Relegation  would be so costly for the club, and who knows if we will be able to bounce back again - we could go in the other direction, something  that long term Fulham fans have bitter memories of.

nose returns

I hated every second of the champinship.... in the sense i longed to be back in the prem. I prefer playing at this level and hope we will improve and start to compete, this is the place to be.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: nose on October 21, 2018, 09:37:50 AM
I hated every second of the champinship.... in the sense i longed to be back in the prem. I prefer playing at this level and hope we will improve and start to compete, this is the place to be.

Blimey, I agree with you for once.

Fulham 442

Relegation will be a disaster for us as we have all these new expensive players on lucrative contracts but something needs to change drastically for us to turn things around because at the moment we are dead men walking. Sorry if some posters view this as negative.  I don't want to be but we have to face the fact that things are grim right now.

Kent Cassandra

We are and always have been a championship team...look at the stats.
I have watched more Fulham games in person (very important) in the second tier than the first in 69 years supporting the club.
And come on Lighthouse didn't you see Gerard slip over and give away a goal in an almost identical situation,
And didn't Messi slip over with the goal at his mercy and Beckham slip when taking that penalty.
And I've also seen the great Bobby Moore slip over a couple of times in critical situations.  Have they installed gas in your lighthouse?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

_Putney_

Part of what makes the Championship great is knowing we have a chance to get promoted.  But if we no longer like being promoted, what's the fun in the Championship?  I remember feeling quite depressed a couple seasons ago when we were nearly relegated.

WindyCity

Quote from: Berserker on October 21, 2018, 09:31:05 AM
I like the Championship but after our struggle to get back in the Premier league, which is no mean feat from the Championship,  I don't want us to straight back down again.

Amen to that.  I do think that the Championship is a very good league, highly competitive and enjoyable to watch.  That said, let's try to survive this season in the Prem.  It has been disappointing so far, to say the least.  Especially with some very expensive pieces added off season.  I know injuries have been a problem, but I fully expected much more from the Cottagers this year.  And we heard from Khan about his desire to "not just survive relegation" but to build a team that was truly competitive.  I'm hoping we can see a solid turn around for this side, but, as these games continue with no apparent signs of improvement, my hopes are dwindling.

SG

I loved the football we played in the Championship and felt confident that we could win every game played. Now I dread every game as I take no pleasure in losing games and being stuffed. That said with the finances in football being what they are we need to be in the Premiership.
Many people have said money has been wasted on average or worse players. I don't accept that. These are good players not fulfilling their potential for a whole host of reasons. They don't become bad players overnight. Time will tell whether they and the management can turn it round. I am sure we wouldn't be conceding 25 goals to date if Roy and Lew were in charge of these defenders so there has to be a way to concede less goals and win games. Not for one moment did I think we would be shown to be so poor.

ffc73

I don't recall being happy about being beaten heavily at home by Watford, Bournemouth & Brentford. Or watching the turgid performances as we clung onto survival in the first years of relegation.
We had threads like this when we went down last time. I have not changed my mind. Stay up, the Championship is not the promised land to aspire to