watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri...

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Thought he had a pretty good game against Southampton today.

Held his positioning most of the time...put in two good challenges (one drew a foul...which is shouldn't have been imo)

You can't make him stronger or faster...so if his positioning stays solid I don't have a problem with him.

6 out of 10.

I'd have rated him a 7 out of 10 if Southampton's first goal hadn't happened.   He's gotta play stronger than that.

RaySmith

Promising signs, and he can surely only improve more as he gets used to the team, which will hopefully become more settled in personnel and system, and to the pace and physical nature of the  Prem.

AnOldBrownie

I don't think he had a bad game today.

I also don't think he had any impact on the game, positively or negatively.

5 out of 10

It was nice to see someone else take a corner opportunity.   

Seri did have his 1 karate kick that he throws out for high balls.

petethefeet

I don't get the negativity for Seri, he wasn't the player that missed the chances or the right back who let the winger cross for both goals. He's not had a great start but has class and a good eye for a pass.

We are being let down by poor finishing and the same errors in defense.

Neil D

Seri appears to be the only player in the team who can take a decent corner.  That was evident after he was substituted.  That said, he is too cautious, plays too many unambitious short balls, doesn't tackle or track back with any sense of urgency.  However, he wasn't that bad against WHU. I think that he would be a different player in a team playing with confidence but he seems to suffer more than most from the malaise affecting the team as a whole.

Harko

Quote from: Statto on October 20, 2018, 10:03:34 PM
First 4/5 games I was convinced he was one of the top 10 players ever to wear our shirt

Most of our new players, even Schurrle, are yet to play a good 90 mins IMO, but Seri is the exception. If he is playing crap it's clearly a morale issue rather than a lack of talent

I agree with you on Seri, he is very frustrating to watch as he is so inconsistent. I believe a lot has to do with confidence. Unfortunately we dont have time to wait on someone regaining their mojo. He must be close to being dropped.

Also Schurrle is another I am having trouble watching, wayward shots for goal and lack lustre effort in defence.

AnOldBrownie

How was he today?

I missed the game.

fulhamfever

Quote from: Buffalo76 on October 20, 2018, 08:42:08 PM
Apart from a wonder goal against Burnley he's been a mixed bag 4 me. Wondered what Barcelona potentially saw in him supposedly last year. Maybe 9 games in isn't long enough 2 judge him though. New country, new league etc.

Tony Gale - "Let's face it if Barcelona were really interested in him they would of signed him."

Neil D

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 09, 2019, 04:42:08 PM
How was he today?

I missed the game.
Console yourself with the knowledge that whatever it was that you did instead of watching this shambles, it was time well spent.  Seri wasn't the worst player on the pitch - that was Schurrle as usual - but he wasn't far behind with his headless chicken tackles.  I know Cairney is a poor tackler but he has so much more to offer going forward.

Carborundum

As my mind wandered in the second half, I was reflecting that I can't recall a player using side spin on a football more extravagantly and repeatedly.  To no particular effect other than to appear classy to those who look for shortcuts to understanding what makes a good footballer.

Granted, it's one step up from Carborundum Jnr's insistence that the best footballers all have sticky-uppy hair.  But only one and Jnr saw the error of his analysis around the age of eight.

Poor game from Seri today, but the lack of runners doesn't help him and he seems a decent person.

Milo

Quote from: Carborundum on February 09, 2019, 06:08:57 PM
As my mind wandered in the second half, I was reflecting that I can't recall a player using side spin on a football more extravagantly and repeatedly.  To no particular effect other than to appear classy to those who look for shortcuts to understanding what makes a good footballer.

Granted, it's one step up from Carborundum Jnr's insistence that the best footballers all have sticky-uppy hair.  But only one and Jnr saw the error of his analysis around the age of eight.

Poor game from Seri today, but the lack of runners doesn't help him and he seems a decent person.

So many opportunities for cross field, quick passes to start a counter attack and he bottles it and passes sideways. You can DO it, Seri! We've seen you! Go for it! Poor bloke just has no confidence going forward.

Defensively he broke up play well as always.

I think the financial disputes with his old club derailed him a bit mid season and he's been suffering with lack of confidence too.

SG

Seri was ok today. Works hard, always looking for the ball but with little movement in front of him, his options are limited, except to keep possession and pass square or back. Good player in a poor team

Twig

Quote from: Milo on February 09, 2019, 06:43:58 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on February 09, 2019, 06:08:57 PM

So many opportunities for cross field, quick passes to start a counter attack and he bottles it and passes sideways. You can DO it, Seri! We've seen you! Go for it! Poor bloke just has no confidence going forward.

Defensively he broke up play well as always.

I think the financial disputes with his old club derailed him a bit mid season and he's been suffering with lack of confidence too.

I completely agree with Milo's frustration that Seri too often players a safe square pass. It contributes nothing and is just passing responsibility to a team mate. He needs to contribute more or reinstate TC in his proper role.

In fact just do it, reinstate TC, what have we got to lose?

hovewhite

Today I thought he was s***e and out of his depth,TC would have been more effective even with one foot..

FulhamStu

Did you notice, Seri was the only...I mean ONLY midfield player in the 11 that started today.  Chambers is excellent but not a natural midfield player.  We had 5 defenders and 4 forwards and Seri. 

I get pissed off every week with our fans blaming Seri when the bloke has absolutely no chance what so ever.  He would be fantastic in a well balanced team, unfortunately we are anything but !

Statto

Quote from: SG on February 09, 2019, 07:05:22 PM
Seri was ok today. Works hard, always looking for the ball but with little movement in front of him, his options are limited, except to keep possession and pass square or back. Good player in a poor team

Agree
I still think he's a £25m player
Criminal that we have players like him and Mitrovic and will finish below Cardiff, Burnley and Brighton

@jolslover

Good player operating on a different wavelength to players around him
STH H3

ffcne

Good player, class player, playing in a poor team, not his fault, some of the comments i keep reading.
Sorry, if we was class player etc,
He would be contributing a lot more to try and get us out  this mess.

He is part of this poor team and showing nothing to make him stand out
What does he contribute?
As for his attempted tackles???

Not saying he is the worst but was  expecting a lot more from him.
Is he really a major upgrade on what we had .?
And who maybe should have been given a chance under Ranieri

Deeping_white

Quote from: hovewhite on February 09, 2019, 10:50:05 PM
Today I thought he was s***e and out of his depth,TC would have been more effective even with one foot..

Then you need your eyes testing, in the first half he was the only player passing the ball long and short effectively, and was the only one getting involved and making tackles other than Chambers, who loses the ball as soon as he wins it back because he can't pass more than five yards. He cops so much flak from people on here but if you actually watch him throughout the game, he's trying to organise players and get them to move into positions to pass the ball and make some space to be available and yet none of them seem to get it. When we go down he's going to be picked up by a much better team and show how good he really is, a bit like Shaqiri did when he left stoke for Liverpool

ffcne

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 10, 2019, 11:21:41 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on February 09, 2019, 10:50:05 PM

Then you need your eyes testing, in the first half he was the only player passing the ball long and short effectively, and was the only one getting involved and making tackles other than Chambers, who loses the ball as soon as he wins it back because he can't pass more than five yards. He cops so much flak from people on here but if you actually watch him throughout the game, he's trying to organise players and get them to move into positions to pass the ball and make some space to be available and yet none of them seem to get it. When we go down he's going to be picked up by a much better team and show how good he really is, a bit like Shaqiri did when he left stoke for Liverpool
Wow.
His tackling is awful.His passing average, Chambers is so much better..Yes like those sort of players who point a lot but dont do a lot.A bit like Tunnicliffe
.How many games has he influenced this season .He is not a shining light in a poor side.
He is part of the problem of the poor side along with the others.

Picked up by a better side!! Probably go back to the French League.
Shaquiri or Seri tough one.