more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri...

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 20, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 11, 2018, 02:37:10 PM
He's a good player but much the same when we went down last time, he's a player who you don't want in a relegation fight. We looked a lot better with him on the bench. Same team and setup for Southampton hopefully

What's he good at?

If you're not good against the current level of competition you're playing against are you really good?

Ryan Sess is a good player.
Mitro is a good player.
It can even be argued that Cairney is a good player at this level when healthy.

Seri has had 10+ games to show his quality in the premiere league.   He's not good. Average at best at this level.    That may change with time, but he's not good yet.

Statto

He's a good player but much the same when we went down last time, he's a player who you don't want in a relegation fight. We looked a lot better with him on the bench. Same team and setup for Southampton hopefully

Agree with you but the thing is if, and only if, we can get players like Seri playing well in this team, then we can start to do more than just scrap for 17th with the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield.

At the end of thr day Shaqiri isn't a player you'd want in a relegation fight but paradoxically he appears to be useful in a title challenge.

Bottom line is I agree he could do with a few games on the bench at the moment.

Spirit of 2000

He's technically decent but lacks size, pace, tackling ability, battling qualities and has a poor attitude... Bad Apple. Get what we can in January. He'll do well with a Monaco or Lyon in the French league... not for a relegation scrap in the English premiership

Deeping_white

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 02:43:01 PM

What's he good at?

If you're not good against the current level of competition you're playing against are you really good?

Mitro is a good player.

Seri has had 10+ games to show his quality in the premiere league.   He's not good. Average at best at this level.    That may change with time, but he's not good yet.

Chances created - he's one of the best in the league but we're not taking them, is that his fault too?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 11, 2018, 02:57:55 PM

Chances created - he's one of the best in the league but we're not taking them, is that his fault too?

One cannot make a silk purse out of sow's ear....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 11, 2018, 02:57:55 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 02:43:01 PM

What's he good at?

Mitro is a good player.

Nope.

What else would you say he's good at though?   If Cairney got Seri's minutes I'd say he'd have those numbers too.   Cairney tends to put in a little more fight though.   And Cairney is less likely to get dispossed, and when he does he knows how to get the ball back.

Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee who has gotten more playing time than anyone other than Sess, Mitro and Schurrle.   

Spirit of 2000

Seri's body language has been appalling since the end of September. He's part of the problem IMO and it's not a shock that we played so well 1st half with battling qualities without him.

AnOldBrownie

Surprisingly they were able to create decent chances when he wasn't on the pitch.

HV71

For me it is nothing to do with his skill but everything to do with his attitude.

JoelH5

Yep we looked miles better when he wasnt on. When he signed I was over the moon but I genuinely wish we had spent the 20/30 on PL journeymen instead. Would have been some much needed experience
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Barrett487

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 22, 2018, 06:45:07 AM
When you are forced to play the role of the creator, a role which he is not accustomed to, without additional support, you may look overrun.
Agree with that to some extent, I get the feeling that Seri would shine within a team that's performing well together. He doesn't strike me as a player to ull us out of this mess.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 04:08:55 PM

If Cairney got Seri's minutes I'd say he'd have those numbers too.   Cairney tends to put in a little more fight though.   And Cairney is less likely to get dispossed, and when he does he knows how to get the ball back.

Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee who has gotten more playing time than anyone other than Sess, Mitro and Schurrle.   

Excellent points made!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
Remember..this is a 27 million pound signee     

Until you can put the fee to one side, you can't have a rational debate about it.

I think 90% of fans would admit that he's not currently playing like a £30m player. I'd admit that, and that he needs a spell on the bench.

However I'm sure 90% of those who watched him earlier in the season would maintain that if he's up for it, he's a quality player who'd walk into the first XI at 12-15 premier league clubs.

Clearly he's lacking enthusiasm at the moment, but that's what happens when you go from being one of the most sought after players in Europe to losing on a cold afternoon in Cardiff, in the space of a few months.

He's still one of the top 5 players we've had in the last 40 years IMO, even if it was for just a few games before he lost his mojo. So some of the comments on this thread seem a bit ridiculous.

filham

I have a lot of time for Seri but clearly the team looks better without him. I am beginning to think that perhaps Seri is a luxury we can't afford.

Spirit of 2000

He's not even amongst the top 5 players this season never mind 40 years. Without effort, application and end result he's nothing. Couldn't lace the boots of Malbranque, Collins, Davis, Clark, Diarra, Dembele and plenty of others.

bornafulhamfan

I still have fate he will come good. Pre-Mancity(the league game) everyone was saying how great he is, how he is a bargain for what he can do and so on. After the Mancity game his form dropped, maybe because of his health condition 🤔. Anyway I am confident he will be great again.

JoelH5

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on November 11, 2018, 09:45:53 PM
I still have fate he will come good. Pre-Mancity(the league game) everyone was saying how great he is, how he is a bargain for what he can do and so on. After the Mancity game his form dropped, maybe because of his health condition 🤔. Anyway I am confident he will be great again.

Health condition?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Spirit of 2000

Dodgy toes that can't bear the cold?!

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 11, 2018, 09:50:36 PM

Health condition?
Chilblains

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 11, 2018, 09:50:36 PM

Health condition?

Soft underbelly
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.