watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream interview coming up shortly on Sky Sports News

Started by Riversider, October 23, 2018, 05:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

KMac said effectively the self same thing on Saturday. Paraphrasing, 'Cardiff wanted it more, we need to have more character and determination'.  Nothing new or surprising here and nothing to whinge about. Players should criticise each other when necessary.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on October 23, 2018, 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2018, 07:32:36 PM
The interview is widely available on Twitter on FOF. No doubting what he said and an interesting debate as well going on. Point is the confusion and the constant  changing of the players leads to mistakes and nervousness. I am not sure lack of guts is the prime problem anymore than the players not being good enough. Fortunately the coach will decide to stop tinkering and stick as far as possible with a settled defence and mistakes or not will not keep changing things around.

Have updated the OP with a link for those interested  086.gif

But is that just the tip of the iceberg.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

I think k mac was saying WE need more fight and desire, including himself, so maybe ream was saying same - link to interview doesn't work for me.

But I find it hard to accept that they were criticising team mates, and not including themselves -wouldn't go down well for a start. 

I think they intend their words to show they realise there's a problem, and something needs to be done by the players themselves.

cmg

"Tim Ream

Verified account

@timream5
4m4 minutes ago
More
Oh the horror!!! If only Sky would have included their reporters questions in their presenting, my answers might have made sense 🤣🤣🤣🤣"

That'll teach ya to talk to the Murdoch meedja, Tim old son.

RaySmith

heard the interview- he starts off by  talking of slavisa's commitment, then says some on the outside might question the players commitment to the cause, but then seems to be doing this himself - but now  it appears this is to do with Sky edting.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on October 23, 2018, 07:06:04 PM
This is what happens when you remove morale leader in Rui Fonte...I'm just saying... :)
Matt that is worthy of the award for the best comment (so far) this year on the forum!!! Why didn't I think of that first, you know I was Rui's number 1 fan (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: davew on October 23, 2018, 05:28:16 PM
I can understand that some of the players who helped us get promoted feel resentment that they are no longer automatic picks each week, but they are supposed to be professionals and presumably have had wage increases since being promoted? No excuse for most of the new signings, overall they have been terrible with the exception of Mitro, Bryan and Vietto. 105 million mainly wasted, I would like to know what our owner is thinking?

Bingo.

Other than the three you mentioned and (Timothy Fosu-Mensah)...and at times Schurrle (but when we DON'T have possession I think he's one of the worst players on the pitch)

Mawson
Chambers
Anguissa (who I still think has potential if he's ONLY used defensively)
Seri (just like Schurrle...what does he as a midfielder do when we DON'T have possession)
MLM (he's not been bad...just average.  He looks like a decent championship side CB..NOT FB)
Christie...he's a backup championship side FB...I didn't expect a lot from him

Of those...Seri and Anguissa may be better when Cairney comes back.   But should that be the case with players earning a good salary?   They need another player in the team to help make them shine?

toshes mate

It is so unhelpful to any and all of us who haven't witnessed the whole interview - verbatim - to have hastily grabbed 'words' in any old context shoved into the pitched battle taking place between those who'd like to see a resolution found by Fulham on the pitch where it really matters and those on social media and news media threads who like throwing things out there thinking it'll achieve their desired aim when it actually achieves absolutely nothing.  Tim Ream is no fool, a good professional, and I feel sure he would hate to be seen as rocking the boat.  Things are not going well for the team and it is good to know the players are feeling the same way as most of us do about those who are, or may, be letting the whole Club down.   First step to solving the problem is owning it.

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 23, 2018, 06:07:22 PM
I would be far happier if Ream himself hadn't looked so lacking in focus and hadn't slipped over and let balls bypass him without trying to block or intercept them. I put it down to him just having a kid. But to then have a go at others for lack of fight I think helps nobody.

I am a fan of his and hope the team find a way around the problems. But I agree with those that think blaming others and deflecting responsibility isn't doing anyone any favours.

I agree that it would be far better if he were performing better.

I think it is helpful that the "elephant in the room" that everyone is afraid to touch on is now out there for it to be addressed though.

aaronmcguigan

Tim has said his answer would have made sense if they broadcasted the question. Even still, if Ream plays on Saturday, I look forward to a full bloodied performance full of guts, bravery and passion, leading by example.

Surely if he refers to other people wanting it less, any other players need to lead by example and give a metaphorical kick up the rear like a good teammate should

Lighthouse

His old excuse that it would have made sense if SKY had shown the questions still doesn't explain away his answers. It wasn't a wise thing to say and it really is rather silly for him to start back tracking now. He made his points whatever the evil SKY corporation chose to broadcast so let's not pretend he didn't mean what he said. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Along with TC absence this still smells bad
New players upsetting the apple cart of the successful Championship team ?
Who would be offended - Johansen / KMc / Kebano ?
No one else
Something is not right based on the poor performances - esp Seri's decline in form and fight

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Baszab on October 23, 2018, 11:40:58 PM
Along with TC absence this still smells bad
New players upsetting the apple cart of the successful Championship team ?
Who would be offended - Johansen / KMc / Kebano ?
No one else
Something is not right based on the poor performances - esp Seri's decline in form and fight

Johansen, McDonald and Kebano know that they probably wouldn't be good enough for the PL.

Spirit of 2000

Ream may have been to fault with a couple of goals and may prove to be sub-standard in the Premier league but he doesn't lack for effort. The same cannot be said for Jean Michael Seri "my toes hurt when I play in the cold and I'm p*ssed off I didn't end up at Arsenal or one of the other big clubs linked" - his attitude and lack of application was appalling and has been over recent weeks. I genuinely believe given our need to survive this season that we should had signed a less talented player with total dedication & 100% effort, it would have served us better in the relegation battle to come. Seri is a good player in a good side that are on top & I fear he will prove a poor signing for us.

RaySmith

Bit unfair on Seri, I think, to say he's not doing his best, or that his undoubted quality  has not been important to us.

Ream is an honest pro who always gives his all, no doubt of that.

nose returns

tim said what we can see. the team is not functioning as a team and a few seem to be struggling to know what is required of them. he used his words but I think it is just abnout that, not quite knowing how to play for the common good and certainly one or two playing for themselves not the team.

Matt10

Tough position for Ream now, but I personally approve. He was our player of the season last year, but is not up to par currently. If it had come from someone like Mitro, then we would not be questioning whether he should or should not have said anything.

Emotion breeds change, and if this riles the squad up, then so be it. Ream may have to take the burden of not being liked, but it will only be temporary. Hopefully we can see an immediate positive effect.

hovewhite

The whole remarks coming from within the club seems like it's a rudderless ship with no leadership.
Where is someone coming out and saying we are in this together and we are going to sweat blood for the cause!

ToodlesMcToot

Curious to know what others think.

If Cairney were healthy and able to serve as the captain, would he have been the one giving the interview instead of Ream? Not saying that Ream is serving as interim captain. I don't think that but, he does seem to give about as many on camera interviews as Cairney does.

Just wondering if those two are kind of the chosen ones to do this sort of thing, being the public face for the club.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude