watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best striker in Europe to subbed at half time. Mitrovic

Started by Sinjun, December 10, 2018, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinjun

What's happened to Mitrovic? From being described as one of the best in Europe, to being subbed at half time. Is it just the manager asserting his authority, as also with the subbing of Cairney, or is Mitrovic not the style of forward Ranieri wants to play? As for Cairney I think the Premier League has found him out, he slows the game down too much and doesn't enable the team to break quickly enough to play as a counter attacking team, something Ranieri did at Leicester, that's in addition to not being able to kick with his right foot. Interesting times are ahead for the upcoming fixtures.

RaySmith

It was tactical - CR was trying to find a ay to break them down. It seemed to work, but I expect  Cairney and Mitro to start next time, though I feel that Kamara will begin to play a greater role in the team, but not usually in place of Mitro.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I think he was noticeably tired, after 3 games in six days he just looked a bit knackered and ineffective for the first time. Also the 'game was up' to an extent, and if he gets another yellow he faces a suspension, so a logical call all in all.

bucksfulham

:
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on December 10, 2018, 07:05:12 PM
I think he was noticeably tired, after 3 games in six days he just looked a bit knackered and ineffective for the first time. Also the 'game was up' to an extent, and if he gets another yellow he faces a suspension, so a logical call all in all.
:plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

I don't think we should look too deep into this substitution of Mitro, he has been working his socks off, and perhaps CR felt under the circumstances it was one of a number of things he could do, to change the flow of the game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

+1

St Eve

We were 3 down. Why risk him. We need him for the next few games that are massive

filham

Possible that Ranieri is looking for pace up front and the best available at the club is Kamara, with the game lost he thought it wort a try to use Kamara and rest Mitrovic.

valdeingruo

Hes barely had a sniff the past few games, the match was lost, Id rather have him fresh next few games than risk not having him around. That may be the thinking, hopefully he gets service, the recent matches dont make me hopeful though.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

toshes mate

Agree with that and full marks to Ranieri for trying something different.  We'll never know how positive it may have been but for Probert's moment of madness (one of several I might add).

David1879

Isn't he also one yellow away from missing a game? It was already over by half time so no point risking missing him against West Ham.

(Edit, just seen this has been mentioned further up!)

jarv

Good thread, agree with most of which has been said, especially the comment about Probert. I guess it is now a foul if you go shoulder to shoulder at Old Trafford.  However, it is ok to blatantly shove a player in the back as long as you are dressed in red.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end