more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did The Manager Cost Us The Game?

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 16, 2018, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2018, 10:59:21 AM
Agree with others. Niether Odoi nor Christie are PL standard but neither is Ream, and Christie is a better RB than Odoi. We looked far better with the MLM-Odoi-Mawson-Christie back 4 in previous games, and more solid when Odoi moved back to CB against West Ham. I have no idea why Ranieri wanted to change it, but having had to change it back mid-match, surely now he has learned his lesson.
him not seeing v man u that we need Christie,well we can all see it why can't coaches as this decision has cost us pionts it can only be Claudio that's responsible and certainly hope he leaves him in the CB position as he's played there now for 2 seasons and before anyone on here has a dig at me I know he's not perfect.

Twig

When I saw the starting line up I posted that the defence would never keep a clean sheet. It was a poor choice by the manager.  I would go with Christie and Bryan as FBs and Odoi with Mawson as CBs. Not great I know but the best we have. In the window we clearly need to strengthen.

I would also move TC back to central midfield in front of Chambers with Sess and Ayite or Kebano out wide.  Mitro plus one further forward.  I think Sess and Ayite offer more cover for the FBs than AK, Schurrle or Vietto.  Seri wouldn't be a starter in that line up which may be a tad harsh or not, but too bad.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on December 16, 2018, 12:04:36 PM
When I saw the starting line up I posted that the defence would never keep a clean sheet. It was a poor choice by the manager.  I would go with Christie and Bryan as FBs and Odoi with Mawson as CBs. Not great I know but the best we have. In the window we clearly need to strengthen.

I would also move TC back to central midfield in front of Chambers with Sess and Ayite or Kebano out wide.  Mitro plus one further forward.  I think Sess and Ayite offer more cover for the FBs than AK, Schurrle or Vietto.  Seri wouldn't be a starter in that line up which may be a tad harsh or not, but too bad.

Your suggestions make a lot of sense.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

l watch quite a bit of Prem football on the tv - mostly dispassionately - but when I put my Fulham tinted specs on I am always amazed how we never seem to play with the passion or pace of other teams and never seem to have a leader with sleeves rolled up, urging the team on?  Am I alone?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on December 16, 2018, 12:10:50 PM
l watch quite a bit of Prem football on the tv - mostly dispassionately - but when I put my Fulham tinted specs on I am always amazed how we never seem to play with the passion or pace of other teams and never seem to have a leader with sleeves rolled up, urging the team on?  Am I alone?

No I can reassure you, you are not alone, there's a Stadium full of supporters who have often asked themselves the same question.
But why do we lack these vital ingredients to enable us to compete on a level playing field with each opponent, why are we lacking these basics.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

You are certainly not alone MikeW.,The only player that ever comes close is KMac and sadly he looks to be found wanting in the pace department

filham

We are in disarray, Ranieri still searching for his best line up in the back four and in midfield and now goals from Mitrovic and Kamara seem to have dried up.

Time we admitted we didn't spend the £100m transfer money on the best quality players.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on December 16, 2018, 01:13:27 PM
We are in disarray, Ranieri still searching for his best line up in the back four and in midfield and now goals from Mitrovic and Kamara seem to have dried up.

Time we admitted we didn't spend the £100m transfer money on the best quality players.
kamara has gone one game without a goal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.