watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

Fulham forward Aboubakar Kamara, 23, is in talks to join Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor on loan until the end of the season. (Mail)

Kamara's Fulham career appears to be over after the striker was ordered to train with the club's Under-23s. (Telegraph)
Supporter since 2000

filham

I thought he had gone, but sounds as though he is now clear of the 1st team squad and we should just forget about him for the rest of the season. Babel seems an adequate replacement.

Hoppus

Benatia update:

"But the chances of bringing Benatia to Craven Cottage look slim.

TMW have provided an update on Tuesday, claiming Juventus have no interest in letting the former Roma and Bayern Munich ace leave Turin on loan."

Moltobueno

"TMW have today reported on the latest developments with regards to Fulham's pursuit of Benatia and they say Juventus will not entertain a loan move, with no clause of redemption. It's claimed the Serie A champions wouldn't be interested in such a deal, but it's still expected the two clubs will continue to hold talks."

Riversider

Cardiff have bid £2 million for former Fulham player Josh Maja, Sunderland are asking for £4 million,
Anybody seen him play ?
16 goals in 41 games seems a decent return for a 20 year old,
2 to 4 million is nothing in this day and age, is he somebody we should be looking at ?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riversider on January 22, 2019, 04:44:44 PM
Cardiff have bid £2 million for former Fulham player Josh Maja, Sunderland are asking for £4 million,
Anybody seen him play ?
2 to 4 million is nothing in this day and age, is he somebody we should be looking at ?
He's the guy who scored when Sunderland beat us in Dec 17.  S'land were abysmal, it was their first home win in around a year, and we hadn't yet begun our great run.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Middlesbrough are in talks to sign out-of-contract former Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi, reports BBC Tees Sport.

The 31-year-old is a free agent after leaving Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda this month.

Might he help us??
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 22, 2019, 04:50:52 PM
Anybody seen him play ?
He's the guy who scored when Sunderland beat us in Dec 17.  S'land were abysmal, it was their first home win in around a year, and we hadn't yet begun our great run.

Mentioned him the other day, follow Plymouth and look to see league scores and this guy is always appearing. Don't know about his overall play but certainly finds the back of the net

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 22, 2019, 05:03:48 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 22, 2019, 04:50:52 PM
Anybody seen him play ?

Mentioned him the other day, follow Plymouth and look to see league scores and this guy is always appearing. Don't know about his overall play but certainly finds the back of the net

Josh Maja was in our academy for a while before heading to Man City I believe

Riversider

filham

So, no firm rumours about us signing anyone. Over a week to go to bargain basement time, we may hear something positive on the last day of the window I guess.

JoelH5

At the start of the window I was optimistic.. I really have given up all hope now
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Old Count

An update from the club would be nice.  They must know the fans are scratching their heads wondering what, if anything, is happening.

Nero

Honest opinions when do people think we start looking at what players to buy, as we never get any early deals done. Do we even contact clubs who players we want to buy before the window opens or do we wait then make approaches

Sting of the North

Quote from: Nero on January 22, 2019, 08:54:39 PM
Honest opinions when do people think we start looking at what players to buy, as we never get any early deals done. Do we even contact clubs who players we want to buy before the window opens or do we wait then make approaches

I am fairly sure that we have people constantly looking. Why we get deals done late I don't know, but it seems to be the case for most clubs so I am sure there is a general reason for the market being like this.

Barrett487

Quote from: The Old Count on January 22, 2019, 08:28:33 PM
An update from the club would be nice.  They must know the fans are scratching their heads wondering what, if anything, is happening.

Not realistic really, unless it's to say we're done this window

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 22, 2019, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: Nero on January 22, 2019, 08:54:39 PM

I am fairly sure that we have people constantly looking. Why we get deals done late I don't know, but it seems to be the case for most clubs so I am sure there is a general reason for the market being like this.

Unless it's for $$$$ I'd think it's advantageous for the player to wait as long as possible to see if a better deal comes through.   If I were a players agent I would weigh the positives and negatives of signing for a club in the January transfer window.

It's not just about the team that wants the player.  It's about what the player, the players agent and the team holding the players contract want.

Too many pieces...so the process takes time.   Unless the wanting team shells out a ton of money, which the Khans can't possibly do.

Jem

Quote from: The Old Count on January 22, 2019, 08:28:33 PM
They are probably too busy scratching their arsenals and wondering the same thing!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

RaySmith

I'd be amazed if TK and his team aren't trying very hard to find suitable players and bring them in - relegation being such a terrible  event for everyone involved with the club, and   very adversely   affecting the Khans' investment

But I'm sure this isn't easy to do, especially the position we're in now. Why always  signings made at the last minute - well, players aren't usually queuing up to come to Fulham, and avenues need to be explored, contracts negotiated - -most clubs  seem to take it to the wire with new signings in the Window.

DevonFFC

📝 Medhi Benatia 🇲🇦 could leave Juventus this winter in case of a large offer. Fulham, Arsenal, Ittihad Jeddah and some Chinese clubs remain very interested. (Gazzetta)