watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chairmans Notes

Started by Barry White, February 08, 2019, 03:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry White

Usual load of garbage. Tried to sping spending zero money in January as a positive becuase we didn't sell anyone to China.

clear he doesn't watch the games based on the below.

The task we face in the months ahead speaks for itself. No one here at Motspur Park is happy being near the very foot of the table, and it's the last thing we wanted or expected for our faithful supporters. But, no one is accepting our position today to be our destiny. I certainly am not for many reasons, but first and foremost simply because I believe in Claudio and the calibre of players in this squad. And of the two options in front of us - to concede or compete - the only answer is to compete.

We could have conceded and been sellers in January. To that point, after investing more than £100m in the summer in a clear mission to compete, we stayed loyal to our commitment by turning down more than £100m in January to sell players to clubs in Europe as well as in China. Why? Because we wanted to give this squad every opportunity to compete, to show the fight I know is inside them and be the ones we'll remember making a dramatic and successful late run to safety.

It's been a difficult campaign thus far, with our fate at times being downright cruel. However, Fulham is far from the only club in football bitten by bad luck, so it's incumbent upon us to reverse our fortunes, as we did in the second half at home to Brighton & Hove Albion. That result wasn't an accident, but rather the result of a fierce response that followed one of our poorer first halves of the season. If you were there, you know we could have scored five, six or even seven goals in the final 45 minutes. We were brilliant.

And, if you were there, each of you earned Man or Woman of the Match honours. Down two goals at the break, rather than greeting your team with indifference or contempt as may have happened with home crowds elsewhere, you brought immediate and much-needed energy and noise that literally willed us to a win. I do not exaggerate here - you supported us, stood with us and stuck with us, and that transferred mightily to our performance and three points earned. It was massive fun for everyone, and I am going to ask you to repeat that effort, home and away, over each of the 13 matches ahead, starting in our fixture against Manchester United that will enjoy a national and global television audience. Fulham is celebrated throughout the world for its civility and class, but that doesn't mean our supporters shouldn't raise the roof for 90-plus minutes every week. Let's show the world, and our team, that our players and our supporters are up for the fight.

fulhamben

Wow, So they want to give the squad that can not compete the chance to compete. Id rather they just said thatvthey messed up and we are where we are. How ridiculous does it sound to say we want to give the squad the chance to compete when everyman and his dog knows that they can't.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose returns

AT LAST
The mighty leader has spoken

and the first two paragraphs on the official websites fills me with a sense of total dismay and gloom.

I have trust in CR is what he says. Hew is in a minority of one.
We have a good squad, again he is in a minority of one

no mention of backing the manager when he said he needed a leader and that not happening or TK;s total incompetence in bringing in a fit defence.

We are destined for a long spell in the lower leagues Mr Khan just does not get it and that bit of PR was frankly an insult for the effort we put in supporting.

He makes mention of the brilliant effort in the second half against brighton, but nothing about CR rancid team selection that guaranteed defeat at palace.

This is very very depressing. I can hardly wait that will accompany his comments for season ticket renewal. It will surely be a work of fiction no doubt to rival Shakespeare and dickens.

David I

So our current position is mainly down to, erm, bad luck!?
Nothing to do with an unbalanced squad, lack of depth, lack of management, etc etc etc

Glad he's put me straight on that!

Just surprised no mention of season ticket renewal...... 😏

Huxley

This PR rubbish the same day they advertise a £65 special kit! Talk about an own goal. £100m... hmmm 5 offers of £20m for Mitro equals that. Imagine if we had sold Mitro and brought no one in...

Barry White

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on February 08, 2019, 03:44:10 PM
This PR rubbish the same day they advertise a £65 special kit! Talk about an own goal. £100m... hmmm 5 offers of £20m for Mitro equals that. Imagine if we had sold Mitro and brought no one in...

According to Khan we should be pathetically pleased we didn't exactly that.

Twig

What a load of PR garbage.  Totally pointless and insults the intelligence of us as supporters.  What does he think he is running, a car spares company?

jarv

toshes mate

Talk about wringing as much PR as you can out of a fortuitous forty five minutes spell against one of the most hopeless teams we have faced this season in a second half of football.  I'm afraid neither of the Khans have a clue what ordinary supporters want and demand from their owners which is something resembling a competitive squad, a competent coach, and a plan from the top that was crystal clear from the moment the last season ended at Wembley.  I'd like him to vow to shave off all his facial hair and offer free season tickets to all supporters if we go down.  At least that may signify he means business.

The Rock

That is the worst attempt I have seen at a Jedi mind trick in a long time.

Try again Khan. I agree with Ben - why not just admit failure? It's clear they are in WAY over their heads!

davew

Quote from: Twig on February 08, 2019, 04:03:51 PM
What a load of PR garbage.  Totally pointless and insults the intelligence of us as supporters.  What does he think he is running, a car spares company?
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: toshes mate on February 08, 2019, 05:02:36 PM
Talk about wringing as much PR as you can out of a fortuitous forty five minutes spell against one of the most hopeless teams we have faced this season in a second half of football.  I'm afraid neither of the Khans have a clue what ordinary supporters want and demand from their owners which is something resembling a competitive squad, a competent coach, and a plan from the top that was crystal clear from the moment the last season ended at Wembley.  I'd like him to vow to shave off all his facial hair and offer free season tickets to all supporters if we go down.  At least that may signify he means business.
And make him look younger!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 05:31:23 PM
+1

+2
What a load of tosh...Insulting us fans it is in a way.

filham

In view of the fact that our squad is not at all suited to the coaches tactics has it occured to the chairman that it may have been wise to sell certain player, for whom he says he had valuable offers, in the winter window and replace them with more suitable players.

Usually I never like to see good players leave but right now some of our players are just not right for our Coach and his tactics and something needs to change. An opportunity was missed in the Winter Window.

Woolly Mammoth

Never trust a man with a Moustache  051
I cannot comprehend how dumb he must think we all are.
But how condescending is that, talking to us as though we need educating about English Football and it's supporters.
I would imagine that every member of this forum has forgotten more about English Football than the Khans will ever learn.
I find it insulting that he thinks that by not taking any responsibility whatsoever for him and his sons incompetence, negligence and inefficiency shows that they think we will swallow their flannel.
They are seriously out of their depth, and are looking to blame everything else from bad luck to even more bad luck.
If the pair of them really genuinely cared, they would have ensured that by acting well in advance, before the January Window, they would have had more chance of avoiding last minute unforeseen disappointments on the last day, which ends up with them signing third fourth choice defenders who are injured to show that they have at least signed somebody even if they can't play because they are injured.
The bottom line is that if results do not improve, we will be relegated for the second time under their tenure in the last five years, and so far it's a dam sight worse than the first time.
But more than anything it's his condescending partronising manner that shows how he and his son are so out of touch with the real football world.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

So as anticipate, we are all feeling worse and insulted by this pathetic bit of ill considered PR

what he should have said was sorry, i am sacking the manager and replacing my son.
That at least would make sense.

Statto

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2019, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 05:31:23 PM
+1

+2
What a load of tosh...Insulting us fans it is in a way.
Agree, terrible article

In fairness his articles normally show a lot of sense and awareness of fans' views

But this time, after previously saying Ranieri would be backed in January, to come and say we should be glad he didn't try to recoup what the club has spent is just cretinous

And I agree with others that we can only have got multiple offers for Mitro - no way we got offered our money back on the tosh his son bought

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 08, 2019, 05:50:26 PM
Never trust a man with a Moustache  051
I cannot comprehend how dumb he must think we all are.
But how condescending is that, talking to us as though we need educating about English Football and it's supporters.
I would imagine that every member of this forum has forgotten more about English Football than the Khans will ever learn.
I find it insulting that he thinks that by not taking any responsibility whatsoever for him and his sons incompetence, negligence and inefficiency shows that they think we will swallow their flannel.
They are seriously out of their depth, and are looking to blame everything else from bad luck to even more bad luck.
If the pair of them really genuinely cared, they would have ensured that by acting well in advance, before the January Window, they would have had more chance of avoiding last minute unforeseen disappointments on the last day, which ends up with them signing third fourth choice defenders who are injured to show that they have at least signed somebody even if they can't play because they are injured.
The bottom line is that if results do not improve, we will be relegated for the second time under their tenure in the last five years, and so far it's a dam sight worse than the first time.
But more than anything it's his condescending partronising manner that shows how he and his son are so out of touch with the real football world.

Exactly what I was going to say, thank god you typed it all out and not me...lol

DevonFFC

Out if interest if he did strip the club back to nothing and sell off all the assets and recoup his losses and not reinvest, would we all have been happy.

The season has not got well, we all know that but you could spin whatever he says to be a negative or positive depending on how you want it to look.

Riversider

Statements from Shahid Khan are few and far between, so it concerns me a little bit that if he is going to give a rousing speech to try and give us a lift, then why not mention The Riverside Stand and The BBC sports ground ?
In fact theres mo mention of the future at all is there , not even next season .