watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chairmans Notes

Started by Barry White, February 08, 2019, 03:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

The guy would have got roasted whatever he said in his notes. On a hiding to nothing with whatever he says right now isn't he

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Riversider

Quote from: elgreenio on February 08, 2019, 06:09:10 PM
The guy would have got roasted whatever he said in his notes. On a hiding to nothing with whatever he says right now isn't he

No !
I dont know anybody that has a problem with Shahid, so I dont know where you get that from.

nose returns

Quote from: elgreenio on February 08, 2019, 06:09:10 PM

no that is just not true

DevonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on February 08, 2019, 06:02:21 PM
Statements from Shahid Khan are few and far between, so it concerns me a little bit that if he is going to give a rousing speech to try and give us a lift, then why not mention The Riverside Stand and The BBC sports ground ?
In fact theres mo mention of the future at all is there , not even next season .

If you are on LinkedIn they are advertising for two commercial sales persons, selling specifically the new riverside stand

bill taylors apprentice

What a load of patronising balderdash!

Statto

I'm calling it early, but I reckon he's out in the summer. Frustration from his son on Twitter, irrecoverable failure after 5 years of trying, no further spending this month, and a negative article today with no talk of the future.

You heard it here first - he's on his way out IMO.

So all those in the Riverside can stop wondering where to sit next season.

RaySmith

He is right about the crowd getting right behind the team in the  second half, it was a great atmosphere, and I'm proud to say I was there.

Fair play to him for bothering to try to communicate with the fans.

It's true, we  have been unlucky - at Liverpool, at Burnley, home to Spurs, at Palace - crucial ref decisions have gone against  us, chances have been missed, stupid defensive errors.

We should  have the crucial points that would take us out of the relgation zone, and the team has deserved  that, with its attitide and battling spirit, though our situation  makes it hard mentally, as well as physically.

So, I appreciate  our owner's messsage - it shows he cares, and it does give me hope that we can fight our way out of this sitution.

Fulham Tup North

Not exactly the speech to hear just before going 'over the top'!
I cannot believe they don't just get people to write this stuff for them.  There must be people out there who can 'flower-up' a few words to quell the natives?  Very odd :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

The Old Count

Perhaps we should be a little careful about turning on our owner and custodian. Maybe we should show more understanding and empathy to his situation and sensibilities. We encouraged the departure of Mr Al Fayed due to the perceived disloyalty to him over the MJ statue. It would be a tragedy to do the same again. Mr Al Fayed left us with a wealthy and decent custodian. Mr Khan may not be so benevolant.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on February 08, 2019, 07:02:46 PM
He is right about the crowd getting right behind the team in the  second half, it was a great atmosphere, and I'm proud to say I was there.

It's true, we  have been unlucky - at Liverpool, at Burnley, home to Spurs, at Palace - crucial ref decisions have gone against  us, chances have been missed, stupid defensive errors.

We should  have the crucial points that would take us out of the relgation zone, and the team has deserved  that, with its attitide and battling spirit, though our situation  makes it hard mentally, as well as physically.

So, I appreciate  our owner's messsage - it shows he cares, and it does give me hope that we can fight our way out of this sitution.

:plus one:
But they really do need to learn that the manager MUST have a big say in transfers, in future

Twig

I am emphatically not turning on our owner. I think he has the best interests of the club at heart and I am also supportive of his stance on a variety of social issues. All in all he seems a very decent man and we are lucky that Mo's successor was not one of the awful ego maniacs or asset strippers that some clubs have been unfortunate enough to suffer.
That said, this latest piece that he has put on the FFC website is still PR garbage.
What we need from Mr khan is 1. remove his son from football related duties and get in an experienced D o F 2. get on with the Riverside development 3. hire a modern manager when the outdated CR inevitably leaves.

hovewhite

Shahid seems a good man to be fair to him,but employing his son has backfired.

nose returns

Quote from: RaySmith on February 08, 2019, 07:02:46 PM

we were unlucky at liverpool, twofold...the ref killed us and khan sacked a good manager replacing him with a clown.
we were not unlucky at burnley CR tactics killed us
we wer not unlucky against spurs CR tactics did for us again. we were on top against spurs B team and we failed to press the advantage, sat back and paid the price because we do not have the defenders to sit back so deep.
at place we were lucky to lose by 2. once the first goal went in it was game over, the team selection crippled the team and demoralised the players... I assume you refer to the second game because the first was unfortunate that we had a 10th rate keeper that hadn't a clue and they had the manof the match in goal
stupid defensive errors are what the new manager was famed for dealing with and has spectacularly failed

our team does not really battle that hard, we have far too many that through the season have simply given up during games, seri, anguisa, christie FM. only odoi, TC and sess have really given 100% at all times...and of course Mitro.

the owners comments were nothing short of an insult to our intelligence. I am not sure you read what he said properly or are totally unaware of the situation we are in.

davew

Nose, none of our players have given 100% all of the time!!!!!!! If they have it just proves that even they aren't up to the standard required in the PL!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fcfulham55

What a joke of a chairman. Completely clueless useless pathetic. I hope he loses more interest fast so he can just sell up.

He has no f-ing interest in our club. He's barely been to a handful of games in his ownership.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

grandad

Mr Khan said more or less what MAF & virtually every owner says. It is a PR exercise after all. I wish a few on here shared his faith in the Club. He has not given up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on February 08, 2019, 10:22:33 PM
Mr Khan said more or less what MAF & virtually every owner says. It is a PR exercise after all. I wish a few on here shared his faith in the Club. He has not given up.
He might have just been better off saying nothing!! Enjoyed Alicante (again) by the way, got back yesterday.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose returns

Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 09:04:15 PM
Nose, none of our players have given 100% all of the time!!!!!!! If they have it just proves that even they aren't up to the standard required in the PL!
all I mean by that is doing more or less their best. the few I mention I do not have an issue with. the other group are certainly capable of much more and presumably much better.

at least I think that is what i mean

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2019, 06:44:57 PM
I'm calling it early, but I reckon he's out in the summer. Frustration from his son on Twitter, irrecoverable failure after 5 years of trying, no further spending this month, and a negative article today with no talk of the future.

You heard it here first - he's on his way out IMO.

So all those in the Riverside can stop wondering where to sit next season.

I reckon your right, will we have new owners soon. Craven Cottage is 23,000 m2 in a suburb worth £11,000 per m2 (thats £253,000,000), the Players can probably sold for £97,000,000 (including Sess), Parchauate Payments of £80,000,000 and Motsphur Park must be worth £20,000,000. Hence, anyone that is prepared to liquidate the club could buy it less than £450 million and make money.

Fulham FC is worth so so much liquidated, the two most important thing we need in a owner is i) to be a Billionaire and ii) to love the Craven Cottage more than making money. Not easy to find Billionaires that does't love money and even harder to find ones that love Fulham. Mohamed Al-Fayed saved this club and he found the Billionaire that he thought would love this club. Trust MAF!

If "The Khans" build the new Riverside Stand, then it proves beyond any doubt he loves Fulham more than money. He'll still be a footballing idiot, but its easier to teach someone to be a "Director of Football" than to find a Billionaire that loves Fulham FC more than money.

If Riverside Fan want to know where they will probably be sitting with new owners, my guesses are Loftus Road or Motsphur Park.

Arthur

Quote from: Twig on February 08, 2019, 04:03:51 PM
What a load of PR garbage.  Totally pointless and insults the intelligence of us as supporters.  What does he think he is running, a car spares company?

If this is you 'emphatically not turning on our owner', I can't imagine how acerbic your remarks will be if ever the day comes that you do.