more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's give Scott parker a ho

Started by Allestree andy, February 09, 2019, 10:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 10, 2019, 09:26:16 AM
There is absolutely no logic or sound reason for appointing Scott Parker as head coach at a PL soon to be Championship club.   What relevant experience has he had?

Yes quite right, lampard had no experience nor did Bruce when he got his first job, neither did Southgate at Middlesbrough or Robson. Pochechino at Espanyol, All Guardiola and Zidane had was managing reserve teams at best. The experience argument is nonsense but I don't think it's the right time to give him a managers job.

fulhamben

Quote from: snarks on February 10, 2019, 09:50:22 AM
There is absolutely no logic or sound reason for appointing Scott Parker as head coach at a PL soon to be Championship club.   What relevant experience has he had?

Yes quite right, lampard had no experience nor did Bruce when he got his first job, neither did Southgate at Middlesbrough or Robson. Pochechino at Espanyol, All Guardiola and Zidane had was managing reserve teams at best. The experience argument is nonsense but I don't think it's the right time to give him a managers job.
Southgate got borro relegated didn't he, and did such a bad job that no one would touch him for years until the fa gave him a job with the kids.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

O' I understand man united but they have a good team of coaches.we would be throwing a rookie in on his own. A caretaker yes but Parker no.

davew

Quote from: Dodger53 on February 09, 2019, 10:43:36 PM
God help us, we have gone backwards since he returned.
+1, hasn't he been operating as a defence coach or advisor (lol)? Now we suggest appointing him to mess up our attack as well, sounds like a good plan (not)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I have no objection to Scott Parker, he couldn't do any worse, give him to the end of the season and see how he goes.
He may even give the youngsters a chance as he probably knows the players better than anyone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes, Parker is well worth a try until the end of the season, what have we to lose.
We have appointed ex Fulham players as managers before and the only real disaster was the great Bobby Robson, not sure that was entirely his fault. At the other end of the scale was McDonald and what a success that was.

Southcoastffc

The experience argument is nonsense? That has given me a laugh on this gloomy morning!  I should perhaps apply to be the next James Bond, or an astronaut, I've no experience of acting or aeronautics but clearly that doesn't matter.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on February 10, 2019, 11:45:44 AM
Yes, Parker is well worth a try until the end of the season, what have we to lose.
We have appointed ex Fulham players as managers before and the only real disaster was the great Bobby Robson, not sure that was entirely his fault. At the other end of the scale was McDonald and what a success that was.

Malcolm McDonald created a great team (Peyton, Hopkins, Lock, Odosicoll, Brown, Gale, Davies, Wilson, Coney, Houghton, Lewington, Paul Parker, Leroy Ronsenior), but our owners had no money to hold on to them. It Broke my Heart, but now we can hold on to players.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 10, 2019, 11:50:37 AM

The experience argument is nonsense? That has given me a laugh on this gloomy morning!  I should perhaps apply to be the next James Bond, or an astronaut, I've no experience of acting or aeronautics but clearly that doesn't matter.

093.gif Please cease laughing Mr Southcoastffc, at least for one moment whilst you read my post sir. 093.gif
Going by your logic surrounding experience, then your first and foremost target should be TK, a classic example of how inexperience coupled with buffoonery riddled with errors of judgement, how does that grab you, because at least Scott Parker is a football person who knows what it's like to eat dirt on a cold December evening up at Turf Moor, does TK, do you know what's its like.
So for me Scott Parker should at least be considered, even just until the end of the season for damage limitations, and it buys time for the club to deliberate and consider their next moves when the season is completed.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 11:42:12 AM
I have no objection to Scott Parker, he couldn't do any worse, give him to the end of the season and see how he goes.
He may even give the youngsters a chance as he probably knows the players better than anyone.
Oh alright then, you win!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nero

If Mr Parker is such a good coach why are the team playing so badly, rather get Stuart Grey back to try and sort out the back line

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 10, 2019, 11:57:25 AM
Quote from: filham on February 10, 2019, 11:45:44 AM

Malcolm McDonald created a great team (Peyton, Hopkins, Lock, Odosicoll, Brown, Gale, Davies, Wilson, Coney, Houghton, Lewington, Paul Parker, Leroy Ronsenior), but our owners had no money to hold on to them. It Broke my Heart, but now we can hold on to players.

Yes that was a very good Fulham team.  If only we could rejuvinate Gale and Brown from that team and put them in our current team our troubles may disappear.

Robbie

The usual mistake ... a good player makes a good manager.
I don't disagree with giving Parker a bigger role to the end of the season BUT to me this could just be another Muellersteen/Magath blooper

SG

Quote from: davew on February 10, 2019, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 11:42:12 AM
Oh alright then, you win!!

None of really know whether Parker is up to the task, but at the moment quite frankly anybody would be an improvement. There is no doubt that Parker battled as a player and if he could instill those qualities in this team for the remainder of the season it would at least be a little more acceptable. I cannot get over how weak and spineless we were yesterday

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nero on February 10, 2019, 12:22:33 PM
If Mr Parker is such a good coach why are the team playing so badly, rather get Stuart Grey back to try and sort out the back line

By all means get Stuart Grey back, but in his absence I am suggesting Scott Parker who is already on site

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 10, 2019, 11:50:37 AM

He's got the coaching badges, I also said it's not the right thing to do, football management is different than being an astronaut, but for James Bond there is nothing to stop you trying. So the first time a manager is appointed to a club anywhere in the world where have they had previous management experience? The experience argument for not appointing someone is nonsense. CR has loads and hasn't covered himself in glory. Fergie got sacked from his first job why would anyone reappoint him as he was a failure? Yet he turned out OK. Bob paisley had never managed before he replaced Shankley.

Your statement has no basis in fact at all, but you are entitled to it. For the avoidance of doubt I don't think we should give Parker the job.

Sting of the North

Sure, everyone has to start somewhere. However, it is strange in football that so many start out close to the top. Some make it however, although I assume that it is important that you start in a club where the upper management support and infrastructure is in a good place. That is not really the case with Fulham at the moment is it?

In any case, even if you do believe that experience is not important (which I disagree with, as it is generally one of the most important factors, although not necessarily needed), the most ridiculous argument has to be the "he was a very hard working player" argument. What on earth has that got to do with being a successful coach/manager? 

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: The Rock on February 09, 2019, 11:40:46 PM
Quote from: Allestree andy on February 09, 2019, 11:15:42 PM
Why is it you lot don't like parker he always gave 110% so come on then who would you have

Love Parker, but he doesn't have the experience.

Then again we'll be in the Championship next year and Lampard has Derby in 7th or so.

I just had higher hopes. Sigh.

Higher hopes? Such a a premiership winning manager? Who's managed some of the biggest clubs in the world? Those kinda high hopes?

I'd rather get Slav back. We should never have sacked him. At least we played sexy football. We don't now and still lose. So we've gone backwards.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

MikeTheCubed

Isn't Parker a married man? Not sure he needs a ho.

(feel free to delete if thread title is fixed)