News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do we do with the rest of our season?

Started by Robbie, April 19, 2019, 11:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

I can't get any enthusiasm for the final games. Cardiff might be fun if we put them down.... BUT besides that this is a SNOOZEFEST !

So ... is this our PRE-SEASON?    Is this clear out?   Is this Parker interview?    All of those things?

The sure thing is that there will be 8-10 better sides than us at Championship football next season.... so we better have a plan.

Discuss.

COYWs

Milo

Should be:

1. Pre season
2. Parker interview
3. Relegate Cardiff

ALG01

well it can't be treated as pre season for a vast array of reasons starting with the gap betweemn May and August. also we do not know the squad or the manager so again not pre season.

not a parker interview as such vbecause either you want him by now or ou don't. who knows if the owners are actuively looking or inteviewing more risk free candidates to carry on the progress made this wondeful season

relgate cardiff is an irrelevance. they are just a team that is not fulham.

IMO the last few games are an excersise in self respect. to at least show some courage and get a few points and play some competent football desoite bnot have a proper defence or goalkeeper.

H4usuallysitting

RaySmith

I've had a bit more interest in these games than I thought I would. Well, I thought I would have  zero interest.

I had a  feel good feeling last week, when we won, even though the result doesn't mean anything, which made me think how obsessed and sad am I? If we had lost again, I don't know if I'd still retain any interest in  following the games. If I lived in London, I'd probably go to the home games, but I don't, and the expense and trouble doesn't seem justified. Not much motivation either, apart from  that familiar feeling of wanting to get behind the team, show your passion and support, despite everything. The irrational passion of the long term fan?

AS said, these games aren't pre-season friendlies,because too far, and too much can happen, betwen now and next season. Could have a totally different line up, and  new manager. But there is  some sense of rebuilding, I suppose. Also uncertainty, but Parker's statements are positive, obviously, and I want to believe them.

Showing Parker's aptitude for the job? Yes, and i think he'd done well, despite the results. But, as said, the owners probaly already have a  good idea as to whther they will install him as our next manager, or go for someone  experienced.

I Ronic

I think SP will be trying to get as many points as possible to strengthen his chances of getting the job. I doubt will see many changes to the team. The odd member of the yoof squads getting some bench time and maybe a few minutes.
I dont see why we shouldn't treat this as a preseason. Sound out whose going to stay etc and start work on a close knit team to hit the ground running in August.

hovewhite

I'd be surprised to see Khan give him the job as I believe they have someone lined up and with there track record it won't be an improvement.

ALG01

Quote from: hovewhite on April 20, 2019, 01:55:32 PM
I'd be surprised to see Khan give him the job as I believe they have someone lined up and with there track record it won't be an improvement.

Who really knows with the khans.
They are not rational.

AnOldBrownie

It's Scott's to lose...as it should be.  Beat Cardiff next week and he deserves the job.

His team has put up two wins and two clean sheets vs top 12 sides.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

I feel the same now as I did before Christmas. In fact I feel better now. We are certainly more of a team and while the results mean nothing it shows we have improved. Shown a bit of fight and I am enjoying it. We just haven't felt or looked like  Fulham until now. Great to see and long may it continue. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PaulUMD

The #FulhamRelegationParty tweets have been great.  Always been a fan of gallows humor!

WolverineFFC

toshes mate

To my mind it isn't the rest of the season at all; it is still the season and another nine points are up for grabs to make us seem a little more respectable, if not now, at least when future fans peruse the records.  As for Parker, he can do little else than his best since the Khans are not the kind of people who give you a chance to guesstimate future activity (unless there is a reliable trickle feed of 'worst kept secret' allowed to flow into our multiple media circuits as has happened before).  Parker the professional, as with Jokanovic, knows his fate is outside of his control and he seems to function pretty well with that, and may now be getting a 'telling' response to his methods which will do him no harm at all.  I hope he finishes with a five game unbeaten run or better.

When the season ends we may begin to see if anything has really changed 'behind the scenes' where the more significant lessons have to be learned or else it will be same again - missed opportunity to build on success however great or small.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Robbie on April 19, 2019, 11:06:19 PM

So ... is this our PRE-SEASON?    Is this clear out?   

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

grandad

The most pressing is to get Sess to sign a long contract. 5 years with a buy out of at least £50 million including a loan back.
Both EVDS & Saha did this. Sess has even more reason for what the Club has done for him in his development.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

After those last two matches I am enjoying the experience of winning, would like more of the same before the end of the season.