Author Topic: Have we ever introduced ourselves?  (Read 77943 times)

Offline Licker-1

• Youth Academy
Re: Have we ever introduced ourselves?
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2017, 11:05:28 PM »
Hello everybody , I was a regular on here until you were relegated from the prem.
I had forgotten my login password so I had to make another account, I added the -1 to my old username so here I am.
From the blue side of Liverpool,  met a few of your lads at the Cottage last we played you, hope LB and logical man are still around, always enjoyed the atmosphere at the ground, I hope you make it back this season.

Offline uzuccher96

• Lakey/Dark Room
  • Hellas Verona and Fulham till I die
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Hi to everyone!
I'm Umberto, I'm coming from Verona (Italy, just to be sure) and now I'm living in Fulham and of course I'm a Fulham supporter! Bought the season ticket for the next season, I'm enjoying my time here in London!

Sent from my CHEETAH using Tapatalk

Offline WelshWhite67

• Youth Academy
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Hi, I've just joined the FoF forum. I'm a relatively new Fulham fan, & have been steadily falling in love with the club since August. I bought a half season ticket in January, & have now bought my new season ticket for next season.
I live in Cardiff & travel to the games, so it takes a lot of my time (& money) but I love the buzz in the Cottage & believe that we have the best ground in the country!
I'm so excited about Saturday's game,  I haven't slept much this week & keep wishing the days would go quicker!!
Good luck & best wishes to all Whites fans wherever you are!
COYW

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
  • The future's bright, the future's white.
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2017, 12:47:55 PM »
A warm welcome to all of you who haven't been warmly welcomed yet! Always interesting to read about all the diverse backgrounds of our new FOFers...
 049:gif

Offline Tomcairneysleftfoot

• Youth Academy
« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2017, 08:28:59 AM »
Originally from Edinburgh, I have been to quite a few games at the Cottage since I moved to south-west London, starting with the Scotland v Nigeria friendly three years ago. I absolutely love the setting and atmosphere of the stadium, now habitually refer so Fulham as 'we', and have had a membership for the past couple of seasons. I guess I have become a fan without even realising it !

Offline SWSixer

• Michael Jackson
« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2017, 04:36:23 AM »
Greetings all from Brisbane, Australia.

I lived in Fulham from 2009-11 (canny timing, right?!) and quickly warmed to the club after attending plenty of matches through that golden period (including THAT Juve game).

Just recently went back to the Cottage after SIX years  :012:  for the Brentford match, all of which reminded me how special this club is. Distance is a cow, but I'll try not to leave it too long until the next visit...

Any other FFC fans in Brisbane?

Offline JupiterWhistles

• Michael Jackson
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2017, 09:07:31 AM »
Greetings all, my first post here.

Relatively new Fulham fan - moved to London about 3 years ago and have been living around Hammersmith/Fulham for the duration.  Went to a few games last season and decided to bite the bullet and get a season ticket for this year about a week ago.

Very much looking forward to the season.

Offline Barrett487

• Legend
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »

Relatively new Fulham fan - moved to London about 3 years ago and have been living around Hammersmith/Fulham for the duration.  Went to a few games last season and decided to bite the bullet and get a season ticket for this year about a week ago.

Welcome TLF, SWS and JW.

I look forward to you all becoming regular posters (i'm relieved there wasn't four of you)

Offline love4ffc

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
  • Ambiguity doesn't mean the end....COYW!!
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2017, 03:03:05 AM »

Welcome TLF, SWS and JW.

I look forward to you all becoming regular posters (i'm relieved there wasn't four of you)

Concur with Barrett487, who is one of our ambassadors.  Welcome to all.  Look forward to see more of you on the board. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Offline Barrett487

• Legend
« Reply #339 on: July 08, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »
Hi all, I’ve been a member, and poster, on this site for only four years, but it seems a lifetime !!

I have just read through most of the introductions on here and loved it, so I thought I’d better put something down about myself. It was touching to read posts by famous posters who are sadly no longer with us.

My name is Chris, and my Fulham story is as follows. I was born in Harrow and my family weren’t particularly football orientated, apart from me. As a kid I tended to follow the bigger teams in rotation, but one day a school friend invited me to a game with his dad. It was the beginning of the 72/3 season, and of course, it was Fulham. My favourite player was always Les Barrett, hence the name. I loved the calls from the fans, urging  ‘GO ON LES…BURN HIM’. He often did.

I went when I could, but couldn’t afford every game and during the cup run of 1975 I hadn’t been to enough games, or bought enough programmes, to muster the tokens necessary to get tickets for the final. My mate and I were resigned to watching the final on the tele, but the evening before the final, my neighbour knocked on our door and asked “I don’t suppose you could use a couple of tickets for the final could you?”  !!!!   When I phoned my mate to tell him he couldn’t believe it and, to make it even sweeter it was in the Fulham section. It’s a day that will always stay with me, despite the result.

The following years were great, with the addition of Marsh and Best in 76, and that wonderful Hereford game of course. I still wasn’t able to afford to get to many games, and always seemed to have jobs that required Saturday working.

My lovely dad (RIP) only came to one match with me, a 0-0 bore draw with Oldham, who he said were the better team! I argued profusely of course, but he never returned. Can’t remember the year of this game.

In the late 90s I started to take my then partner’s lad to games, and one day we realised that he’d never seen us lose… a lucky mascot I’d say. We’re still in touch, but his real dad was a blue, so he follows them more than the whites now.

I moved away to Stratford Upon Avon in 2001, but still caught a some games for a few years, until I downsized my job. I couldn’t make, or afford, any games during the Europa run, that’s my biggest regret. I still get to two or three games at the Cottage a year.  I also was at Stoke when we were relegated and although it was a sad day, both sets of supporters were brilliant. Fulham didn’t stop singing for the whole game. Stoke’s fans applauded us as we left.

As I said before, my family was never big football followers, however my mum is as passionate as I am about Fulham (although she’s never attended). Her favourite players were Duff, McBride and Dempsey and she’s gutted that Malone’s gone. At 86, I don’t think she’ll ever make a game.  092.gif (she doesn't have a beard btw)

I’ve met a few of you at Dannyboi’s pre-game bevvies and what a sorry bunch you are, lol  :005:

Well that’s me… I thought I’d only write a couple of lines !  COYW 049:gif

Offline Chadley24

• Michael Jackson
« Reply #340 on: July 19, 2017, 10:47:22 PM »
Hello,
I'm Chad and I'm a newish Fulham fan. I'm an American (Texan specifically). Visited Craven Cottage last August on my honeymoon for the preseason match against Palace and then watched the team all last season on Fulham TV. What a season!
Been trying to get into English soccer for years but never could pick a team. Always liked Fulham for their strong history of U.S. players (Dempsey!) and decided they were the team for me,  added bonus: Gentleman Jim!!!

Besides Fulham I watch US Soccer and FC Dallas.

Thanks for having me!

Offline therealjaybee

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2017, 02:22:28 AM »
Hey all,

I'm a lifelong Fulham fan, used to live out near Windsor but have lived in Perth, Australia for just almost 11 years now. Watch every Fulham game I can including ALL the European games (at 4am Perth time) The fiancee understands that Fulham will always be my one true love and that will never change! Been a long time reader and have only just decided to start getting involved as I miss that family feeling Fulham gives us all! 

Offline love4ffc

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2017, 02:07:01 AM »
Welcome Chadley24 & therealjaybee.  Love to have both new and old fans joining the board.  Hope to see you both posting on the boards on a regular basis. 

Being a fellow fan who lives abroad from Fulham (I'm in the States) I know the importance that FoF brings with connecting to other fans and the club. 

Hope you enjoy our match day threads as they are fantastic for overseas fans. 

Cheers,

Love4FFC

Captain Whatsisname

« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »
Hello! First post, season ticket holder in Hammersmith here. Expect lots of grumpy sarcastic posts. You must be thrilled

Offline love4ffc

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
Hello! First post, season ticket holder in Hammersmith here. Expect lots of grumpy sarcastic posts. You must be thrilled
LOL grumpy sarcastic post.  You'll be in good company on here  :005: