watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emmanuel Adebayor

Started by fulhamfever, January 23, 2020, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

Free agent and known goal scorer the Championship would be a doddle for him easy

Mr K.Dilkington

Him or Glenn Murray on a six month deal with a view to another year would be good.
Foolish ham

FFC1987

Glenn Murry at a reasonable cost would be good. Appreciate his legs have gone somewhat but Mitrovic isn't exactly the quickest so hold up play and a finisher would be welcomed. However, I think other championship clubs would offer him a starting position and the wages to fit it where he'd be with us to plug a gap.

fulhamfever

Ben Arfa is available on a free transfer as is Freddie Guarin

Huxley

Where is Carlton Cole when you need him...

JimOG

Him or Glenn Murray on a six month deal with a view to another year would be good.
[/quote]

Just posted same on TFI (should have read yours first!) - great minds and all that....I think Murray would be an ideal fit and Brighton are hardly using him now. Plus offer bonus for helping us win promotion...Like Mitro he has a way of ferreting out and converting chances

fulhamfever

Billy Sharp on a 6 month loan deal would be ideal too.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: JimOG on January 23, 2020, 04:28:56 PM

Just posted same on TFI (should have read yours first!) - great minds and all that....I think Murray would be an ideal fit and Brighton are hardly using him now. Plus offer bonus for helping us win promotion...Like Mitro he has a way of ferreting out and converting chances
[/quote] Because.........?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ByTheRiver

Gary Lineker on a short term deal? He knows where the net is. Maybe Brian McBride could do a job and add some presence and aerial ability too?

Sir Stanley Matthews for wing cover?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 23, 2020, 09:21:52 PM

Unfortunately, he played his last game on the wing in the now Premier League at 51 years old so is not available, but David Beckham is only 44 years old.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 23, 2020, 09:26:34 PM

Unfortunately, he played his last game on the wing in the now Premier League at 51 years old so is not available, but David Beckham is only 44 years old.

44? Bring him in! Cafu or Javier Zanetti for the RB spot?

Woolly Mammoth

I was at Stanley Matthews last match at Stamford Bridge  Chelsea v Stoke City, Stoke City won 1 0, I think it was either Jackie Mudie or Jimmy McCilroy who scored the winner. Stanley Matthews gave Ron Harris a torrid time and set up the winner.
He used to walk to the potteries on match days wearing shoes weighted down by lead to make them heavy, so  when he put his football boots on his feet felt light, and he could dance past players. They don't make them like him anymore.
Just puts footballers to shame these days with all the cheats that are flooding the game.
Glad I was born in the good old days when men were real men, and women loved them for it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2020, 10:22:52 PM

I was at Stanley Matthews last match at Stamford Bridge  Chelsea v Stoke City, Stoke City won 1 0, I think it was either Jackie Mudie or Jimmy McCilroy who scored the winner. Stanley Matthews gave Ron Harris a torrid time and set up the winner.
He used to walk to the potteries on match days wearing shoes weighted down by lead to make them heavy, so  when he put his football boots on his feet felt light, and he could dance past players. They don't make them like him anymore.
Just puts footballers to shame these days with all the cheats that are flooding the game.
Glad I was born in the good old days when men were real men, and women loved them for it.

Well said, I'm there with you. He was finishing just as I started my interest, so never got to see him play.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Logicalman on January 24, 2020, 01:01:58 AM

Well said, I'm there with you. He was finishing just as I started my interest, so never got to see him play.

Didnt George Cohen break his (GC's) leg playing against him at the Cottage?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

0001.jpeg Stan was one of the first players to wear the modern type boots instead of those bear traps they used to run about in.

092.gif 

RaySmith

I was also at that game, Stan was still a great player I remember.
Jimmy Mcilroy was another legend of the game,  mostly at Burnley, when they were a top side.

Stan was a  hero of my childhood, known for his  brilliant skill down the wing, where he would leave full-backs tackling thin air, and  trailing in his wake.
Famous for his rigorous approach to training - he'd be out early every morning running on the Blackpool sands.  And his legendary skill wit the ball was the result of hours of practise on his own with the ball.

The 1953 Cup Final v Bolton became known as the Matthews final -
https://youtu.be/07Y5XidXdP4

Dodgin

I was at the game to see Stan the Wizard I think Eddie McReadie was tortured by the great man

Grumpy Worthing White

Need a hit man (short term) double quick after watching the dross against Charlton, what with the injuries to our strike force.

Mince n Tatties

Big Sean Farrell available on short term contract😵