more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Deal Made Permanent

Started by CincyFulham, January 24, 2020, 05:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham

Bobby Deal Made Permanent

The Club is delighted to confirm that Bobby Decordova-Reid's move from Cardiff City has been made permanent.

The versatile forward became an immediate fan favourite after initially joining on loan, and he has now committed his future to Fulham until the summer of 2023, with a Club option to extend by a year.

"It's very nice to get it done and dusted," Bobby told fulhamfc.com. "Now we progress with the season and hopefully there's big things to come.

"Hopefully the fans are happy about it! Now we move on and fight to get promoted."

Tony Khan added: "Bobby has been a real asset for us since he joined in the summer, putting in really strong performances when called on and scoring some important goals.

"This was one of the deals I did that was close to the wire on deadline day, and I'm delighted that we managed to get it across the line and now make it permanent, as Bobby's been great for us and we expect there's a lot more to come.

"Come on, Fulham!"

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/24/bobby-decordova-reid-deal-made-permanent

elgreenio

This was a mandatory clause wasn't it?
Either way it's great news and opens up another loan spot.
touch my camera through the fence

Mince n Tatties

ByTheRiver

Sgt Fulham

Great! I like him as a player and think we are yet to see the best of him. Maybe we are not absolutely screwed if we dont go up this year...

ALG01

thank heavens, another player (and I do like him) that is already here, staying here but we need full backs too. eaking out the announcements as if they are proper signings like kongolo was is not the PR success that the khan's seem to think it is. It does not fool anyone that they are bringing enough 'other players' to secure a top two squad... aniother center forward perhaps.

ByTheRiver

One thing is for sure, Tony and Shahid cannot be questioned for cash input this year. And, barring perhaps getting Hector in before the season kicked off (and some folks full backs gripes), Tony has bought well for the league. If Parker doesn't get promotion (frankly, should really be autos), this is at his door entirely.

This will have been another 10 mil.

fulhamben

Not sure how I feel about this. Decent player but I was hoping for more from him. Would have liked to see what division we were in next season before making this permanent
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

I like Bobby a lot.

Plus, he's a good backup #9 that could score 10 goals if we need him to.   Great work rate, great team guy.

And I think he can play at the next level.   Just needs good service to put in the goals.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 24, 2020, 06:15:22 PM
I like Bobby a lot.

Plus, he's a good backup #9 that could score 10 goals if we need him to.   Great work rate, great team guy.

And I think he can play at the next level.   Just needs good service to put in the goals.
hes not a good back up 9 though is he. Looks far better wider or in the midfield 3. I would rather play stansfield up top in the next game

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2020, 06:27:44 PM
I like Bobby a lot.

hes not a good back up 9 though is he. Looks far better wider or in the midfield 3. I would rather play stansfield up top in the next game

True.   But the team doesn't necessarily need to play with a true #9 to score goals.   He's an attacking player that can score.    Having him play with Mitro up top is definitely an option...as well as having him play up top with Stansfield.

Carborundum

Good news.  A player who makes the intelligent runs that create space.  Bet his teammates  love playing with him.  I certainly enjoy watching him.

FFC1987

Awesome news. Really liking the future of the club even if we don't go up making smart moves like this. Nothing like a bit of optimism!

west kowloon white

grandad

No complaints from me. In spite of negative comments from the usual mob
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Welcome Bobby. Love everything about this player except his finishing. Hopefully he can improve on that.

Matt10

Great signing. Have liked him when he played for Bristol City, including the match where he scored against us as a forward :) .

He'll come good sure enough. His chances against Charlton were on frame - it's a start. Keep sending him up/sideways, wherever, he'll show up.

Southcoastffc

Good signing.  Pretty sure he'll do well by us.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 24, 2020, 07:05:38 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2020, 06:27:44 PM
I like Bobby a lot.

True.   But the team doesn't necessarily need to play with a true #9 to score goals.   He's an attacking player that can score.    Having him play with Mitro up top is definitely an option...as well as having him play up top with Stansfield.
totally agree, can't see Parker playing two up top though.

fulhamben

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 24, 2020, 07:17:11 PM
Give it a break - you know who.
if you are referring to me, then why is that? Surely everyone would want an upgrade if we went up