more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR game moved to 12:30

Started by WhiteJC, February 17, 2020, 02:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

QPR Televised

Fulham's meeting with Queens Park Rangers has been selected for live television coverage on Sky Sports.

The date of the fixture at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium will not change (Saturday 21st March) but will kick-off at the earlier time of 12.30pm.

All four of the Whites' matches in March have now been chosen for live TV broadcast.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/february/17/qpr-televised

Riversider

The worst case scenario, we have to go to Leeds on the Wednesday night whilst QPR have got Charlton on the Tuesday,
We've got to give 100% at Leeds whilst QPR could prioritise the Fulham game to give their miserable support the win against us that they are all craving,
Wednesday night to Saturday lunch time is next to no recovery time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on February 17, 2020, 03:29:07 PM
The worst case scenario, we have to go to Leeds on the Wednesday night whilst QPR have got Charlton on the Tuesday,
We've got to give 100% at Leeds whilst QPR could prioritise the Fulham game to give their miserable support the win against us that they are all craving,
Wednesday night to Saturday lunch time is next to no recovery time.

I beg to differ, if we beat Leeds on the Wednesday we will have the momentum and the players will not feel any more tired, because when you are winning the adrenaline takes you that extra mile. If we lose we know that we have lost to a good team, and climb off the deck, stand up and look tall. because it is even more important to beat QPR and Add that to it being a local Derby, and do we wish to see QPR run around in triumph ? No we do not, and the players should not either, they won't need motivating for either match.
That is the challenge !!!! So what if QPR have 24 hours more to recover, it is what it is, nothing we can do about.
It's not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man, it's not how tall you are it's how high you jump.
One thing is for certain, Rangers will be more worried about beating us than we will be about them.
So stand up straight stick your chest out, and take NOT ONE STEP BACK, non Cessio, no surrender !!!!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium ?? , whatever happened to Loftus Road.

Andy S

It will always be Loftus Road to me

Arthur

Kiyan Prince was on QPR's books as a 15-year-old when he was fatally stabbed while trying to help a friend who was being attacked outside his school. His father has since set up a foundation that works to stem the tide of knife crimes. Much as I enjoy seeing us get one over The Hoops, renaming their stadium to help publicise Kiyan's father's cause is a thoroughly decent gesture.

I would add that, like many others, I still think of it by its former name.

_Putney_

fulhamben

We couldn't beat Barnsley at home so cant see us beating Leeds at eland road. Rest players for Leeds and target qpr to try and stay in play offs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

That's all our March fixtures on TV isn't it.
Wish Sky would f off.
They are actually thinking of more premier,Championship and trying to get top League 1 games as well...They will be getting games to Kick off at 8-30am to appease them.😵

MikeTheCubed

Tell the players it's a 10.30am kickoff and hopefully they'll be awake by 12.30pm.

Wolf

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 18, 2020, 06:22:22 AM
That's all our March fixtures on TV isn't it.
Wish Sky would f off.
They are actually thinking of more premier,Championship and trying to get top League 1 games as well...They will be getting games to Kick off at 8-30am to appease them.😵

It's time for football to lose its archaic protectionism against televising Saturday 3pm kickoffs. Then more matches would take place at Saturday 3pm as they wouldn't HAVE to be moved in order for it to be possible to televise them.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Dr Quinzel

Going to have to miss this one; works calls me. Early kick-offs for derby days are part and parcel now, but always a bit of a shame. Takes a lot of the fun out of the day and the build up.

rusty shackleford

We'll be long out of it by the time those games come anyway

Burt

Quote from: Arthur on February 17, 2020, 06:19:09 PM
Kiyan Prince was on QPR's books as a 15-year-old when he was fatally stabbed while trying to help a friend who was being attacked outside his school. His father has since set up a foundation that works to stem the tide of knife crimes. Much as I enjoy seeing us get one over The Hoops, renaming their stadium to help publicise Kiyan's father's cause is a thoroughly decent gesture.

Spot on, my sentiments too.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Arthur on February 17, 2020, 06:19:09 PM

Same, but it's just habit. It was a great gesture by QPR, considering the money that can be made in naming rights.