watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"I didn't see it coming"

Started by Keefy, February 18, 2020, 12:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

These words spoken by Scott Parker and Edward John Smith ( captain of the Titanic ). I for one did see it coming, as I'm sure many others did. Moreover I predict there will be more of the same unless something ( preferably Parker goes ) changes.  As Einstein once said " Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". With respect Mr Parker is not up to Albert Einsteins intellectual levels, more like Alf Garnett ....   

Sting of the North

1. Einstein never said that, as far as anyone knows at least.
2. Doing the same thing over and over again is also called practice, and very often lead to improved results over time.

Moltobueno

so why didn't you post it before the game? "I see a 3-0 loss coming from Barnsley" - imagine everyone laughing you out and then ...

ByTheRiver

"I didn't see it coming"

Sounds very similar to what you might expect the captain of the Titanic to have said... 

Keefy

Why didn't I post before the game? Since you took the trouble to read my post, I'll answer your question.   I was unwell. I have MS, am recovering from open heart surgery and still have remnants of a brain tumour ( in case you are interested) ; none of which caused by my 60 years of supporting Fulham !!

Twig

Well I certainly didn't see it coming.  I know we have not been as consistent as we would all like.  I know we have sometimes ground out results when we should have been more dominant.  But did I see this one coming? No.  Do I think the Manager was solely responsible? No. Both the manager and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves. I will be very, very interested in the reaction at Derby on Friday.

Keefy

In answer to Sting...The saying that I quoted is usually attributed to Einstein. True or otherwise the sentiment remains the same. I believe that we have a very talented squad who at present, in my opinion, are not performing as I and many others think they could( and should). Many factors could explain this and there are many differing opinions for this. Generally, there seems to be a broad agreement that things aren't as they should be. I have given my view and fully accept that I could be wrong........     

Burt

Quote from: Keefy on February 18, 2020, 06:24:57 PM
Why didn't I post before the game? Since you took the trouble to read my post, I'll answer your question.   I was unwell. I have MS, am recovering from open heart surgery and still have remnants of a brain tumour ( in case you are interested) ; none of which caused by my 60 years of supporting Fulham !!

That's a veritable list of things Mr Keefy. Are you really sure none of them are attributable to supporting Fulham? I feel there must be a link somewhere :)

Seriously, good health to you, and wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.

hovewhite

I'm sur th engineers said it after Titanic sunk!!

Arthur

Why didn't I post before the game?

I wish you well with your recovery.

May I ask what you see coming this Friday?

Moltobueno

Sorry to hear that, good luck with the recovery.
PS never a trouble to read a post :)

Keefy

Thank you for all your kind wishes. Fulham supporters are a special group of people. I'm managing quite well however I will miss our next two home games as I am visiting a dear friend in France known to many of you as French Connection or Silver Fox and whose spiritual home is the Hammy End. Brian has been fighting aggressive cancer, showing an astonishing inner strength and tenacity......a true inspiration .

bobbo

Si did see it coming, it's been coming for a while, but I didn't think it would be lowly Barnsley .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: Keefy on February 18, 2020, 06:38:10 PM
In answer to Sting...The saying that I quoted is usually attributed to Einstein. True or otherwise the sentiment remains the same. I believe that we have a very talented squad who at present, in my opinion, are not performing as I and many others think they could( and should). Many factors could explain this and there are many differing opinions for this. Generally, there seems to be a broad agreement that things aren't as they should be. I have given my view and fully accept that I could be wrong........     

First off, I truly wish you all the very best with your health issues, since everything else in comparison becomes utterly unimportant.

Secondly, I have no problem whatsoever with you (or anyone else) presenting your view. I just happen to disagree with the use of that quote in general (not the attribution of the same to Einstein, however made up it seem to be) because it would only ever truly apply to controlled situations in which factors cannot really change (hence my counter with practice, since hopefully the ones practicing would improve and therefore increase the chance of a more desired outcome).

I also disagree with the use of this quote in regards to Parker, since I believe that he is certainly not just trying the same thing over and over. If he had stayed on the path he initially looked to set out for it is my belief that we would be in a far batter situation by now. Instead he chops and changes (not all his fault, admittedly) all the time both with starting eleven, formation and most importantly tactics. To me he doesn't give any vibes of someone that believes in what he is doing at all. That is a shame, because I still believe there is an embryo to a decent manager in there,but he seems to have lost confidence in himself far too early. But there is still time and opportunity to turn it around, so fingers crossed.

ALG01

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 18, 2020, 01:23:36 PM
1. Einstein never said that, as far as anyone knows at least.
2. Doing the same thing over and over again is also called practice, and very often lead to improved results over time.

1 it is often credited to einstein because he did say it but it is commonly now accepted  he wasn't the first. But it is true.
2. Most of us with eyes in our heads and brains within for thinking surely saw it coming. The team selection was wrong, the recent games despite results have been poor and you can practice whatever you like but if the principle of picking out of form underacheiving favourite  players and moving you most talented asset to a position where he is bound to underperform to accomodate one such favourite then it will never work. Our performances are getting worse not better and mr parker is not modifying.

Anyone can see its wrong and been going backwards for ages.

Keefy

Sting, the tone of your latest message epitomizes  what is good about this wonderful club of ours. We don't all agree all of the time but we don't need to abuse each other for having different opinions. Ultimately we all want the same things, success, entertainment in a friendly environment. Bless you all

Keefy

Arthur, the Derby game will be harder than Barnsley I fear......That said we are talking of Fulham here

Spirit of 2000

The fact we had been playing crap for over 2 months and getting away with it surely tells many fans it was very obviously coming

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 18, 2020, 04:33:39 PM
"I didn't see it coming"

Sounds very similar to what you might expect the captain of the Titanic to have said... 

and Colonel George Armstrong Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn on June 25th 1876
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

March is coming and the games are all on the telly! I hope SP gets it right and we manage to be in a Play Off spot by the end of it. I would like nothing more than SP getting the team and tactics right for us to push all the way to promotion. We have to play much better than we have done to win games in March. Tactics need to change for me. Fingers crossed SP see's the light. COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"