watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

I am still not really sure what to think about TK, but I think he is learning, I do not believe he has purchased poorly in the last year, quite the opposite. We have talented players, we just need the system to get the best out of them. I still believe we are where we are in the league due to moments of individual brilliance from players winning games, rather than a winning system of play.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

alfie

Quote from: bobby01 on July 09, 2020, 05:20:17 AM
I am still not really sure what to think about TK, but I think he is learning, I do not believe he has purchased poorly in the last year, quite the opposite. We have talented players, we just need the system to get the best out of them. I still believe we are where we are in the league due to moments of individual brilliance from players winning games, rather than a winning system of play.
Amazing, we win because of the players, we loose because of the manager, it's a combination of both.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Summer incoming transfers have almost been completed, Cavy., Reid, Knock. just Reed to be added.

Jeroen

Quote from: filham on July 09, 2020, 10:21:03 AM
Summer incoming transfers have almost been completed, Cavy., Reid, Knock. just Reed to be added.

To be honest, that and a CB and we are done (along with the two youngsters we signed)
If Mitro leaves than all our focus in that window can be a replacement - meat business so far to be honest and planning ahead. (Even if we go up they are good squad players)

AnOldBrownie

What's everyone's opinion of Nathan Ake at Bournemouth?  He's 25 years old, and might have a comparable play style to Tim Ream, but with much more upside.   Low center of gravity, agile...good complement to Michael?

fulhamben

Quote from: Jeroen on July 09, 2020, 06:05:26 PM

To be honest, that and a CB and we are done (along with the two youngsters we signed)
If Mitro leaves than all our focus in that window can be a replacement - meat business so far to be honest and planning ahead. (Even if we go up they are good squad players)
we can't go into a season with just two strikers again. Especially when our other attacking players are so bad
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2020, 06:14:27 PM

we can't go into a season with just two strikers again. Especially when our other attacking players are so bad
If we had three strikers and one was as good as Mito the other two could spend the season alternating between a place on the bench and a seat in the stands.

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on July 09, 2020, 07:10:01 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2020, 06:14:27 PM

If we had three strikers and one was as good as Mito the other two could spend the season alternating between a place on the bench and a seat in the stands.

Exactly - ideally we need another player like Kamara: a striker that can play as a winger (or a winger that can play as a striker if/when needed).

Alternatively, with Taylor-Crossdale and Stansfield being a year older and more experienced they can play the role of the third striker in the squad (there's always BDR, as well).

Finnans Right Peg

If we don't go up I would love to take cauley back and wouldn't break the bank knows the league and the club

AnOldBrownie

Karlan Grant is being wasted at Huddersfield.   They may actually go down.

I'd take him and have Kongolo come back next season to supplement our current squad.

Grant can play as a striker and as a winger.  He scored 18 goals this year.

Jimsbeerbelly

Grant is friends with my sisters fella, they went to school together.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Arthur on July 09, 2020, 02:08:38 AM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 06, 2020, 12:55:18 AM
However it is dangerous to exposed his identity on here for fear of pages of pro propaganda from his backers who continue to defend the indefensible.

Rather than criticise others for their use of propaganda, sort out your own.

Or did you not realise?
Arthur, I apologise if my posted opinions have offended you or anyone else.
As is the purpose of this forum I am merely expressing my views.
Sometimes doing this means that not everybody will agree.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 10, 2020, 10:02:02 PM
However it is dangerous to exposed his identity on here for fear of pages of pro propaganda from his backers who continue to defend the indefensible.

Or did you not realise?

On this we agree.
082.gif

Bassey the warrior

We need to sign Reed, he's been a sensation after lockdown ended. Phenomenal tonight.

Arthur

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 10, 2020, 10:02:02 PM

Or did you not realise?

Thank you for your reply. However, there was no need to apologise.

While it's unlikely that your and my views of Tony Khan are the same, may I stress that whether or not I agree with you is not an issue here.

Be you 'pro' or 'anti' T.K., I merely thought it ironic that you should finish a sentence in which you accuse the 'enemy' of resorting to propaganda with a remark that is, in itself, propaganda.

ChesterTheTabby

Harrison Reed or Bust.

FFS TK. Sign the new Red-Headed Iniesta up RIGHT. NOW.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: OhConnah on July 11, 2020, 12:44:21 AM
Harrison Reed or Bust.

More Busquets than Iniesta.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 11, 2020, 06:15:33 AM
Harrison Reed or Bust.

They are probably asking at least £25m, we'll need to sell Mitrovic.

river phoenix

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 11, 2020, 07:01:57 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 11, 2020, 06:15:33 AM
Harrison Reed or Bust.

They are probably asking at least £25m, we'll need to sell Mitrovic.

Not true.

We have an option to buy, at least what`s they say on official site whey they signed him on loan last summer.

twang

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre:

DICKIE TARGETED BY CHAMP CLUBS

A number of Sky Bet Championship clubs are ready to make a move for Oxford United captain Rob Dickie, following the team's defeat in the League One play off final yesterday, Sky Sports News understands.

It's thought it would take a fee of between £2-3million would get the deal done.

Nottingham Forest and Fulham are leading the chase for the centre back, and now that Oxford are facing a further season in the third tier of English football, a flurry of bids are expected for the 24-year-old.