watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LEEDS V STOKE TONIGHT

Started by rebel, July 09, 2020, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Will the pressure get to Leeds, in the remaining 5 fixtures they face teams in the hunt for the play-offs and teams fighting relegation. At first sight it looks plain sailing, but these teams are fighting for something.

Stoke City - Relegation
Swansea - Play - offs
Barnsley - Relegation
Derby - Play - offs
Charlton - Relegation

filham

Looks quite an easy run in to me and I think will finish champions with a clear margin and able to approach next season with confidence.
Just hope they keep their greedy eyes off Mitro.

ByTheRiver

Hmm.. I don't see them slipping up tbh. I think the break (Bielsa's teams work HARD) and the lack of fans (nerves, pressure) will help them over the line this year.

If they win tonight, after WBA doing the same last night, any mention of autos should be forgotten and banned from here.

Downside will be, imagine being at Wembley and not being able to go  :dft004:

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 09, 2020, 12:11:10 PM
Hmm.. I don't see them slipping up tbh. I think the break (Bielsa's teams work HARD) and the lack of fans (nerves, pressure) will help them over the line this year.

If they win tonight, after WBA doing the same last night, any mention of autos should be forgotten and banned from here.

if we lose to brentford at Wembley, I'll be bloody glad that I wasn't allowed to go 😂
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2020, 12:18:05 PM

if we lose to brentford at Wembley, I'll be bloody glad that I wasn't allowed to go 😂

LET US NOT EVEN SPEAK OF SUCH THINGS!  :012: :012:  :005:

I was thinking about this last night (as you do) and I'll reckon we'll do them at Wembley. We were doing okay for large parts of that recent game. Had chances etc, and we were far from our best. Their attack worries me but not the rest of the side. If we click (or anywhere close) we can beat any of the potential teams. Sod it, I'm going all in - we will go up via the play-offs.

filham

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 09, 2020, 12:22:15 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2020, 12:18:05 PM

LET US NOT EVEN SPEAK OF SUCH THINGS!  :012: :012:  :005:

I was thinking about this last night (as you do) and I'll reckon we'll do them at Wembley. We were doing okay for large parts of that recent game. Had chances etc, and we were far from our best. Their attack worries me but not the rest of the side. If we click (or anywhere close) we can beat any of the potential teams. Sod it, I'm going all in - we will go up via the play-offs.
That is the right attitude, after tomorrow we will have three games in which to get our players match fit and our act together to ensure we peak for the play offs. We should be capable of beating any of the teams we are likely to meet.

SP

A nervous start from Leeds, not sure Stoke will have the firepower to trouble them?

fulhamben

Quote from: SP on July 09, 2020, 05:18:41 PM
A nervous start from Leeds, not sure Stoke will have the firepower to trouble them?
stoke can barely get out of their half. Just a matter of time till leeds score

fulhamben

And they've scored, automatic promotion is over

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2020, 05:43:01 PM
Quote from: SP on July 09, 2020, 05:18:41 PM
stoke can barely get out of their half. Just a matter of time till leeds score
From a needless penalty. Not sure why the Stoke defender chose to attempt a high speed slide tackle in the box. Brain fart moment.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Wingnut

Leeds ahead here. Not seeing two goals in this Stoke side.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

AnOldBrownie

Every time I watch Leeds it reminds me just how slow an attacking side we are. They look like they could run for 3 days straight.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

davew

Game over now, we have got to beat Forest and Brentford, good odds on that I imagine!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

K.  This is done and dusted.

Guess I'll watch Jose vs Eddie now.    It's so sad...Spurs still don't regularly use Ryan Sess.

grandad

Cantered 4-0. Auto all sorted now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

rebel

They still have 4 matches to play and at the moment they need to win at least 2 matches to secure automatic promotion. Teams just don't go after them, you would think teams would throw the kitchen sink at them. 

filham

Wow 5-0 , that makes Leeds look like worthy champions right now.
Hope we can score a few against Cardiff to make us look like promotion candidates.