watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If reed is fit

Started by Finnans Right Peg, October 18, 2020, 09:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

If Harrison reed is Fit does he start? And if so in place of who because I thought the midfield trio played well but that we are a bit too nice and a reed type to do the nasty things .

fulhamben

Probably not. He will have to try and work his way back into the team. Plus I like what I've seen from lemina and have him ahead of reed in the pecking order anyway
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Somerset Fulham

Its a good dilemma to have.

We've got proper depth in the midfield and the defence now.

@jolslover

No and IMO I would play Lemina before Reed in the DM spot. Looked lively today
STH H3

Statto

No. Reed is overrated by some on here IMO, based on a few performances post-lockdown which were better than his general performance level over the rest of the season. I'm pleased we signed him to preserve some squad cohesion, and think he's a useful squad/backup option, but I wouldn't have him in our best XI. IMO our best deep-lying CM options are Anguissa, Cairney, RLC and Lemina so you arguably need two players to be unavailable before Reed starts (although a couple of those four may also be used in the AM role).

Mr K.Dilkington

it's tough call but i just think anguissa and cairney don't work well together with current tactics so be interesting to what sp does
Foolish ham

Big T

I'd be tempted to rest Anguissa to see what happens with Reed in his place
I know he's looked good but we never win with him on the pitch

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Big T on October 18, 2020, 11:23:55 PM

I'm not convinced we are in a position to even be considering resting our best players.....

Radiowhite

This just makes absolutely no sense

sonnyjim

Anguissa is a quality player I don't think he should be rested at all.

Denver Fulham

Anguissa has been our best player this season by a mile. Why would you rest him to play someone worse?

Lyle from Hangeland

You have got to be kidding.

AnOldBrownie

If healthy we can pretty much count on Tom Cairney and Zambo being two of our starting 11 this season.   imo our attacks will improve once we've stopped russian rouletting our starting lineup.   I'd even consider RLC as an undroppable starter once he gets his conditioning back.    Reed is a sub this season.   Glad he's here but he doesn't start over RLC, Zambo or Tom. imo

rebel

Quote from: @jolslover on October 18, 2020, 09:46:21 PM
No and IMO I would play Lemina before Reed in the DM spot. Looked lively today

He really did, wanted to make things happen.

bencher

Reed does not have enough on the ball quality at this level. Useful squad member and could be a good sub for closing out a match. Lemina is a far superior player and showed excellent desire in his short time on the pitch. I don't think we can afford to have a midfield player in our team that is purely defensive with no attacking contribution because we don't have enough overall quality to do that. In the Championship we could afford that. I'd like to see Lemina pushing Cairney for his starting position. Cairney had some good moments yesterday but does too often take an extra touch or two before releasing the ball. If you look at the build up to our goal, He could have passed it to Lookman a good two seconds earlier but delayed. Lookman then to had beat a well set defence (which he did, but he won't always). Onomah also seems to have fallen way down the pecking order but he didn't do enough to warrant playing time in his first couple of games.

FFC In Oz

On the basis of Lemina's cameo yesterday, I think he is worthy of a start next to RLC & Anguissa.

Mr K.Dilkington

Anguissa is obviously a very good player,but tactically he's used wrong imo. Him and cairney don't work well defensively in the centre of the park together. At least when anguissa tries to take everyone on and cairney is left as the solitary defensive midfielder. We got torn apart yesterday in the first half because of that. Sheff had to do literally nothing to bypass our midfield to get to the edge of the box,it was scarily bad. :beer: 093.gif
Foolish ham

ALG01

competiton for places is usually a very good thing

love4ffc

I think Big T might be right in that Fulham have yet to win with Tom and Anguissa as a pairing.  I don't think it would be the worse thing to see Reed playing as a holding midfielder with Tom or Anguissa. 
Personally, I am hoping that Scotty starts to settle on a set starting XI and the chopping changing becomes minimal. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Big T

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 19, 2020, 02:54:02 AM

You have got to be kidding.
I knew I'd get slated for my comment by quite a few but i stand by it,
He had a lot of the ball yesterday but nothing really comes out of any of his play, I remember a break was on and he just ran into a bunch of Sheffield players and lost it, yeah he can tackle and win balls back but so can Reed who has a better vision for a pass.