watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If reed is fit

Started by Finnans Right Peg, October 18, 2020, 09:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big T

Let's also not forget Onomah who was in the form of his life leading up to promotion who in my opinion could be far more effective then Anguissa, Onomah also has an eye for goal, and I really can't see Anguissa scoring many

bencher

Quote from: Big T on October 19, 2020, 05:09:09 PM
Let's also not forget Onomah who was in the form of his life leading up to promotion who in my opinion could be far more effective then Anguissa, Onomah also has an eye for goal, and I really can't see Anguissa scoring many

I will support your right to an opinion but I strongly disagree with it. Onomah did well at times last year but he has looked below the quality level required for PL thus far. I don't expect Anguissa to score many either but I think the issue is actually Cairney - it's not clear what role he fills and I think he's currently in the team more for being the Captain and a core part of our team for 5 years than for actual contribution.

I agree we were bypassed too easily in the first half. The problem as I saw it was our midfield was far too square. I don't mind the defenders playing quite square to play an offside trap, but it was too easy for Sheff Utd to put a guy between the lines and slip balls through to him.

I would have 3 midfielders, one deepest (Lemina comes to mind, Reed as backup), one box to box (Anguissa, Cairney can be backup), one supporting the striker (RLC, Cairney/Onomah/BDR backup). Cairney is not strong enough defensively, and in a flat 2 with Anguissa it's too easy to pass through them.

Finnans Right Peg

I also think our midfield is by passed to easily and I think cairney rlc and aguissa are at times too nice .

Would lemina do the dirty part of the game I ask coz I haven't seen a whole lot of him and don't really know if reed has what it takes in the premier league.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 19, 2020, 05:54:21 PM
I also think our midfield is by passed to easily and I think cairney rlc and aguissa are at times too nice .

Would lemina do the dirty part of the game I ask coz I haven't seen a whole lot of him and don't really know if reed has what it takes in the premier league.
Or both if we play 4231...playing two holding mid will allow the fullbacks to go forward and provide width for us. It woudl be a very solid line up, especially against the better teams.

Mitro
Lookman RLC Anguissa
        Lemina Reed

Statto

Quote from: bencher on October 19, 2020, 05:33:57 PM
Let's also not forget Onomah who was in the form of his life leading up to promotion who in my opinion could be far more effective then Anguissa

I will support your right to an opinion but I strongly disagree with it.

Fair play to you for such a controlled, polite reply to that statement.
I'll keep it civil and not type what I was thinking... 
:010:

Big T

Quote from: Statto on October 19, 2020, 06:31:19 PM
Quote from: bencher on October 19, 2020, 05:33:57 PM
Let's also not forget Onomah who was in the form of his life leading up to promotion who in my opinion could be far more effective then Anguissa

I will support your right to an opinion but I strongly disagree with it.

Fair play to you for such a controlled, polite reply to that statement.
I'll keep it civil and not type what I was thinking... 
:010:
Go ahead
You won't hurt my feelings neither make me doubt my opinion

Big T

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 19, 2020, 06:05:13 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 19, 2020, 05:54:21 PM

Or both if we play 4231...playing two holding mid will allow the fullbacks to go forward and provide width for us. It woudl be a very solid line up, especially against the better teams.

Mitro
Lookman RLC Anguissa
        Lemina Reed

No Cairney
No way
He had a great game on Saturday

When Cairney plays well, Fulham play well

70sPimlico

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 19, 2020, 02:30:57 PM
Anguissa is obviously a very good player,but tactically he's used wrong imo. Him and cairney don't work well defensively in the centre of the park together. At least when anguissa tries to take everyone on and cairney is left as the solitary defensive midfielder. We got torn apart yesterday in the first half because of that. Sheff had to do literally nothing to bypass our midfield to get to the edge of the box,it was scarily bad. :beer: 093.gif
I thought it was the tactics rather than the players. I saw the midfielders pushing up on SU when they had the ball but they had a really good knack of finding holes and that was creating a lot of space in front of our back 4. When we dropped in the 2nd half it pretty much stopped and we then tried to break fast instead.

I hate to pick on faults but TC has always had this tendency to turn off if the ball is not near him, or, he does this thing after he has been involved and maybe made a pass where he does that head down for now thing, where he seems to be saying to himself, yep done that. If the ball comes back he is just that split second behind play. You just can't have that in the PL.

Cant just be me that thinks this?

If he can stay on it for 90 mins and constantly aware of what is going on around him, for me, he will be a PL player and he really should be.

Moltobueno

3-4-2-1

Long season, plenty of rotation to come

Areola/Rodak

Hector/Odoi     Tosin/Andersen    Robinson/Ream/Kongolo/MLM

Tete/Aina    Cairney/Johansen/Reed    Anguissa/Lemina/Seri       Bryan/Kebano

RLC/BDR/Onomah              Lookman/Cav

Mitro/Kamara

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Moltobueno on October 19, 2020, 09:04:23 PM
3-4-2-1

Areola/Rodak

Mitro/Kamara

Sorry but I cannot agree with that back line. There is no way Hector or Odoi will be rotating at right CB. Tosin will kore likely be RCB with Andersen in the middle and then Kongolo/Ream at left CB. If Hector is going to play he needs to be in the middle so others can mop up his rashness

Whitesideup

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 19, 2020, 02:30:57 PM
Anguissa is obviously a very good player,but tactically he's used wrong imo. Him and cairney don't work well defensively in the centre of the park together. At least when anguissa tries to take everyone on and cairney is left as the solitary defensive midfielder. We got torn apart yesterday in the first half because of that. Sheff had to do literally nothing to bypass our midfield to get to the edge of the box,it was scarily bad. :beer: 093.gif
Good post. Much discussion about first half woes and defensively our midfield was all at sea. The shape was totally wrong. There was a big gap between our midfield and defence. Those who argue that Reed isn't good enough for this level may be right but I think it unfair comment given that we haven't really seen him play that much in the Premier League. Sometimes we are just too keen to put down our own players. Reed could do a good job protecting the back 4, and with strong players around him and a cohesive midfield strategy, he could do well. And if not starting, could always come on with 20 minutes to go to add some extra defensive capability to protect our 3-0 lead !

However, I do think we have an abundance of good midfielders, and competition for places will be strong. Good news as we can then cope with injuries and suspensions. No matter how good they are though, we still need a good shape.

RLC as a holding, defensive midfielder? I don't think so.

Moltobueno

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 19, 2020, 10:00:05 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on October 19, 2020, 09:04:23 PM
3-4-2-1

Areola/Rodak

Mitro/Kamara

Sorry but I cannot agree with that back line. There is no way Hector or Odoi will be rotating at right CB. Tosin will kore likely be RCB with Andersen in the middle and then Kongolo/Ream at left CB. If Hector is going to play he needs to be in the middle so others can mop up his rashness

I'd take that aswell :)
Had to fit all those CB's somehow

AnOldBrownie

Yet Anguissa is a much better footballer than Onomah.   Possession, control and pace...Anguissa is better.   And defensively Anguissa is also better.

Just because Anguissa tried to take the game in his own hands on one drive does not make him worthy of being subbed for Onomah...who is slow..but strong at the Championship level.   At this level... he (Onomah) still has yet to prove he's up to the quality.  imo.

Big T

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 20, 2020, 06:56:41 AM

Yet Anguissa is a much better footballer than Onomah.   Possession, control and pace...Anguissa is better.   And defensively Anguissa is also better.

Just because Anguissa tried to take the game in his own hands on one drive does not make him worthy of being subbed for Onomah...who is slow..but strong at the Championship level.   At this level... he (Onomah) still has yet to prove he's up to the quality.  imo.
You don't know how strong Onomah could eventually be at this level, you've automatically written him off after two half performances
When we signed Anguissa he was useless now all of a sudden he's GOD

I've just read Onomah is out till December so it makes no difference either ways

Finnans Right Peg

Hey big T

Whats Wrong with Josh

filham

We were ticking over nicely in the second half against Shef.U., especially in midfield. Lets continue where we left off, that is Anguissa, Cairney and Loftus Cheek in midfield with Lemina as a late sub.