watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey not offside

Started by Bilet, January 15, 2011, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilet

Know this won't change anything, but Dempsey seems for me to be onside when he gets played through in the first half and goes around Al Habsi and puts the ball in the net.

os5889

Quote from: Bilet on January 15, 2011, 11:44:35 PM
Know this won't change anything, but Dempsey seems for me to be onside when he gets played through in the first half and goes around Al Habsi and puts the ball in the net.

Said it at the time, still say it!

YankeeJim

Well actually he is offside and Duff wasn't taken down in the box. If you don't believe me, look at the official record.  :035:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

I forgot to add that Dempsey didn't have a brace. When's the last time a player had two goals called back in one match?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Let's hope this puts a burr in Mr. Dempsey's breeches.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Bilet

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 16, 2011, 01:10:07 AM
Well actually he is offside and Duff wasn't taken down in the box. If you don't believe me, look at the official record.  :035:

The offical record? Wheres any offical record? If you refer to the minute by minute stuff on the offal thats no way a offical record. I think the pic tells me enough. He wasn't offside.

LordNelson

I think that "official record" bollocks was sarcasm.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Bilet

Quote from: LordNelson on January 16, 2011, 01:18:57 PM
I think that "official record" bollocks was sarcasm.

To be honest, I think that as well. Hoho. Late yesterday...that's my excuse.

leonffc

I didn't think so either. Unfortunately MOTD didn't see fit to show it but it was on Skys football first

Peabody

On the Final Result programme, they said it was disallowed for hand ball!

leonffc

Quote from: Peabody on January 16, 2011, 04:03:15 PM
On the Final Result programme, they said it was disallowed for hand ball!

He had 2 disallowed Mr Peabody. The other was handball

cebu

I was having a problem uploading the picture below, hence the delay in posting this. It looks like the Wigan defence has lined up correctly to play for offside and it looks like Demps just got marginally offside  ... 

Burt

sipwell

He is offside all right. Don`t forget the angle of the picture... His handball goal was rather stupid though :S
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

os5889

Quote from: cebu on January 18, 2011, 08:28:24 PM
I was having a problem uploading the picture below, hence the delay in posting this. It looks like the Wigan defence has lined up correctly to play for offside and it looks like Demps just got marginally offside  ... 

How is that line parallel with the halfway line??

Bilet

Quote from: os5889 on January 18, 2011, 09:51:37 PM

It isn't. Clint wasn't offside. Done deal.

cebu

Quote from: os5889 on January 18, 2011, 09:51:37 PM
Quote from: cebu on January 18, 2011, 08:28:24 PM
I was having a problem uploading the picture below, hence the delay in posting this. It looks like the Wigan defence has lined up correctly to play for offside and it looks like Demps just got marginally offside  ...  

It's perspective. If the lines looked parallel at that angle, they would in fact be diverging.

The point is that the Wigan defence is trained just like ours to spring the offside trap and they did it all afternoon quite successfully. And they are definitely lined up in the picture, trying to catch Demps out.