watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Useless Cairney

Started by ex-Pat, April 27, 2024, 05:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Motspur Park on April 27, 2024, 09:09:22 PMIf people haven't sussed that cow pat is a wum by now, there is no hope. He only comes to fish for reactions.
In that lies the problem, people can't help but respond to him, whilst he sits back and laughs.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Eton White

Quote from: alfie on April 27, 2024, 09:11:25 PM
Quote from: Motspur Park on April 27, 2024, 09:09:22 PMIf people haven't sussed that cow pat is a wum by now, there is no hope. He only comes to fish for reactions.
In that lies the problem, people can't help but respond to him, whilst he sits back and laughs.

This is what I don't understand.  You're just feeding the trolls by reacting to their posts.

Ignore them. By replying, you're keeping the wind up post at the top of the list and it just gets more and more views. Don't reply and it drops down into obscurity where it belongs.

(says he, who has just replied, keeping it at the top!)

Twig

Oh dear, Mr Bird keep trying and maybe one day you will demonstrate a basic understanding of this game.

The Rational Fan

Tom Cairney has done a great service to this club, but he has always been a limited footballer and he is now coming to the end of his career his performances won't always be great. Those fans that compare him to the great Glenn Hoddle and those that say he is useless are equally wrong.

Tom Cairney is a decent championship player off the ball and is a decent (not great) premier league player on the ball. He has the gift of providing a pass that can unlock a defence and provide a talented attacker with a half-chance, that has provided many goals in the championship.

And considering we bought him for about £4m when ourparchuare payments were running out and FFP problems were real, he is critical in our history. And, I have little doubt we wouldn't have been promoted three times without him.

So, while I totally understand that he isn't good enough to have played for Scotland much, I also know that he has helped FFC a lot lot more than his £4 million transfer fee.

WindyCity

Useless Cairney?  Huh?  Ridiculous

Actually, I was way more disappointed with Willian yesterday.  And don't get me wrong, I really like this player and he has done well with FFC, but he was terrible.  Taken off the ball quite easily several times and I wonder if he even completed just one pass.  Was way off his game. 

Thought it was fair result all things considered, but really tough dropping points at the 85 min mark.

FreiBird

Your knowledge is absolute dogshit and you're on here moaning about other people?

Jesus wept man.. pick another sport, this one isn't for you
[/quote]

Wild that everything I think happens to fall in line with what Silva thinks, Cairney barely getting game time now as he throws away points every time he's on the pitch. I understand you've never kicked a football in your life and you're just getting in to the sport, but please stop embarrassing yourself. The fact you think you know more about football than Marco Silva is as pathetic as it gets. Seek help.

SP

Quote from: WindyCity on April 28, 2024, 03:59:16 PMActually, I was way more disappointed with Willian yesterday.  And don't get me wrong, I really like this player and he has done well with FFC, but he was terrible.  Taken off the ball quite easily several times and I wonder if he even completed just one pass.  Was way off his game. 

Yes, I've been thinking the same, maybe his age is finally catching up with him? Didn't look fit yesterday following his recent injury.

cookieg

I have always wondered why, when we have been relegated, no other team ever came in for him or even rumours that someone wanted him. 

Bill2

His distribution is better than anyone else especially passing the ball forward. To criticise him when he has been only on the pitch a few minutes is rather harsh. He has never let the Club down and personally I think he has improved especially with his tackling and aerial challenges.

Tabby

Quote from: cookieg on April 29, 2024, 11:21:14 AMI have always wondered why, when we have been relegated, no other team ever came in for him or even rumours that someone wanted him. 

West Ham were rumoured to be interested on several occasions.

Wolf

Quote from: Tabby on April 29, 2024, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: cookieg on April 29, 2024, 11:21:14 AMI have always wondered why, when we have been relegated, no other team ever came in for him or even rumours that someone wanted him. 

I had very solid info that the club had agreed a deal with Newcastle before the 2018/19 season. Perhaps Cairney didn't want to leave.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

cookieg

Quote from: Wolf on April 29, 2024, 02:17:57 PM
Quote from: Tabby on April 29, 2024, 02:00:23 PM

I had very solid info that the club had agreed a deal with Newcastle before the 2018/19 season. Perhaps Cairney didn't want to leave.

That is interesting. Although if the club had agreed a deal with Newcastle and it fell through wouldn't they just tell TC that he was no longer in their plans and to find another club rather than offer him more terms?

perry geyton

I noticed Ex Prats OP has 2 likes

Freibird & Bongo guaranteed

filham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 27, 2024, 07:08:32 PMProbably the most ignorant post of the season from a Chelsea fan no doubt. When Cairney came on V Liverpool we were 3-1 down, so he steadied the ship and against Sheffield we came back from 2-0 down when he came on to make it 2-2. Cairney was also instrumental in our 5-0 victories when we thrashed West Ham and Nottingham Forest and Fulham's wins against Arsenal and Man.United away!

Some of those stats Cairney was only on for mere minutes, today he had 7 but it was the triple substitution that Silva does which disrupts the team. Also Palhinha is arguably our best player and he would have been in that position to prevent that wonder strike unlike Lukic who nobody knows where he plays.

One cannot expect someone to come on with 7 minutes and pick up the pace and change the result - look at how annoyed Mo Salah was yesterday in the same situation.

But if one has ever seen a troll on this board it's the op, a Chelsea goon who wants Fulham to drop points every week.
I am right behind you on this one Nock.
Tom has played in over 300 matches for us, when do these people with negative Cairney posts think he stopped being a class player. I enjoy watching him all of the time, he rarely puts a foot wrong.
I en

RDdubya

Quote from: filham on April 29, 2024, 10:06:23 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 27, 2024, 07:08:32 PMProbably the most ignorant post of the season from a Chelsea fan no doubt. When Cairney came on V Liverpool we were 3-1 down, so he steadied the ship and against Sheffield we came back from 2-0 down when he came on to make it 2-2. Cairney was also instrumental in our 5-0 victories when we thrashed West Ham and Nottingham Forest and Fulham's wins against Arsenal and Man.United away!

Some of those stats Cairney was only on for mere minutes, today he had 7 but it was the triple substitution that Silva does which disrupts the team. Also Palhinha is arguably our best player and he would have been in that position to prevent that wonder strike unlike Lukic who nobody knows where he plays.

One cannot expect someone to come on with 7 minutes and pick up the pace and change the result - look at how annoyed Mo Salah was yesterday in the same situation.

But if one has ever seen a troll on this board it's the op, a Chelsea goon who wants Fulham to drop points every week.
I am right behind you on this one Nock.
Tom has played in over 300 matches for us, when do these people with negative Cairney posts think he stopped being a class player. I enjoy watching him all of the time, he rarely puts a foot wrong.
I en

"..he rarely puts a foot wrong." and when he does, he pulls his pants down!  :slap:

Whitestone

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 28, 2024, 04:09:26 AMTom Cairney has done a great service to this club, but he has always been a limited footballer and he is now coming to the end of his career his performances won't always be great. Those fans that compare him to the great Glenn Hoddle and those that say he is useless are equally wrong.

Tom Cairney is a decent championship player off the ball and is a decent (not great) premier league player on the ball. He has the gift of providing a pass that can unlock a defence and provide a talented attacker with a half-chance, that has provided many goals in the championship.

And considering we bought him for about £4m when ourparchuare payments were running out and FFP problems were real, he is critical in our history. And, I have little doubt we wouldn't have been promoted three times without him.

So, while I totally understand that he isn't good enough to have played for Scotland much, I also know that he has helped FFC a lot lot more than his £4 million transfer fee.

To describe Tom Cairney as 'a limited footballer' is absurd. To describe any footballer who has played at the top level as 'limited' is absurd. The guy has so much talent and deserves such credit for his dedication and commitment to stay at the top of his game and give us so many special memories.

AJW48361

He is a Fantastic Footballer with the Ball at he's Feet.Work without the Ball and tracking back a definite weakness in he's game.

colinwhite

great talent exceptional in ball retention.not many better than him at that. hes not that mobile and lacks pace but has delivered when needed on many occasions even at the top level.
if had had pace and mobility there would be few better in the PL in my opinion
to call him useless is just plain stupid.

cookieg

Quote from: Whitestone on April 29, 2024, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 28, 2024, 04:09:26 AMTom Cairney has done a great service to this club, but he has always been a limited footballer and he is now coming to the end of his career his performances won't always be great. Those fans that compare him to the great Glenn Hoddle and those that say he is useless are equally wrong.

To describe Tom Cairney as 'a limited footballer' is absurd. To describe any footballer who has played at the top level as 'limited' is absurd. The guy has so much talent and deserves such credit for his dedication and commitment to stay at the top of his game and give us so many special memories.

He is limited due to the fact that he is so left footed. He does use his right foot but the vast majority of the time he turns so he can use his left foot.

perry geyton

This post is a total embarrassment, "especially the title"

I'm not one for censorship but it should be binned asap