more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool goal

Started by bobby01, September 13, 2021, 09:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

?s=21
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobbo

seri and robinson the culprits for that goal , shame because before saturday theyd both been playing good . they may well have conceded a pen if they stuck a foot in .

Anyway it was painful enough sitting there watching it saturday without suffering it again monday morning .

just for the record i thought the referee was excellent on saturday , it wasnt a difficult game to handle but he made it easier for himself by getting all his decisions right.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sgt Fulham

So so poor from us. The defending from Robinson is a joke, and Gazza gets beat at his near post. Not to mention the misplaced pass that lead to it.

Jim©

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 13, 2021, 10:35:38 AM
So so poor from us. The defending from Robinson is a joke, and Gazza gets beat at his near post. Not to mention the misplaced pass that lead to it.

I was a bit annoyed that Mitro didn't gather the ball from Seri.
I thought that Robinson's positioning was just about as poor as it could have been. It's very rare you'll see an international defender do what he did.

Blawarmy

The more you see it the more pathetic it looks

Whitestone

It's pretty obvious that it's a poor goal to concede and the players and management will be very aware of that. There's no way Robinson should have been selected given the game and travel involved just a couple of days earlier. Poor judgment by the manager IMO. It's fine lines but weariness may have been an issue. It's at times like these that the players need supporting because in Robinson we have a fine player.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Whitestone on September 13, 2021, 10:54:24 AM
It's pretty obvious that it's a poor goal to concede and the players and management will be very aware of that. There's no way Robinson should have been selected given the game and travel involved just a couple of days earlier. Poor judgment by the manager IMO. It's fine lines but weariness may have been an issue. It's at times like these that the players need supporting because in Robinson we have a fine player.
Regardless of players being tired etc let's not kid ourselves. That's a piss poor result against a very poor side. Hopefully the hairdryer came out for Wednesday

Max Headroom

Conceding a poor goal isn't why we lost. It was not scoring with 70% possession that cost us

Whitestone

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 13, 2021, 01:52:39 PM
Conceding a poor goal isn't why we lost. It was not scoring with 70% possession that cost us

Agree with this. We missed our most creative players in Wilson and Carvalho. That said we have a squad that wasn't utilised with tired players coming back from the international break. Lots of reasons combined. Credit to Blackpool too. They were on their 'A' game and we weren't.

ALG01

The blackpool player does brilliantly but he runs so far unchallenged, Robinson's attempt to stop him is a joke, seri was mega pathetic, and the galkeeper does nothing to make me think he is woirth his place. to be caught so badly at the near post was as pathetic as seri 's lame attempt to finally join in and do his real job.

Very very poor.

However, it was to be expected. we were unbveaten, silva manager of the month and they hadn't won a game...  it came after and international break wiith too many of our players only just back.

Let's see what happens at birmingham, I am not in favour of wholesale changes and how little carv and wilson might be avaialble. the one to change is the pooor keeper. He fails to impress over and over.

NewYorkYank

I think some slack is in order, and it is not just because Robinson is a fellow American.  Robinson finished his WC qualifier at 6:00 am London time on Thursday in Honduras.  It was a grueling game emotionally as the US, after picking up only two points in its first two games, was trailing at halftime.  Robinson likely then flew back from Honduras to the US and then to London.  Even if he were up to it physically, it is hardly surprising he had a lapse in concentration.

ffcne

Manager's team selection at fault.
Ream Robinson and Mitro should have been left at home .
Silva wants to give Rodak a chance on Wednesday as well.

AJW48361

Pretty pathetic all round Robinson what's he doing? The Keeper should've fell on it.

Denver Fulham

Robinson cheated too much to the overlapping wing, assuming Seri could intervene, but that didn't happen and neither defender did anything. Nor did our keeper, who watched a scuffed shot roll past him. Just really bad all around, starting with the sloppy giveaway and absolutely zero effort to get anyone in position to defend prior to the 18.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 13, 2021, 08:06:27 PM
Robinson cheated too much to the overlapping wing, assuming Seri could intervene, but that didn't happen and neither defender did anything. Nor did our keeper, who watched a scuffed shot roll past him. Just really bad all around, starting with the sloppy giveaway and absolutely zero effort to get anyone in position to defend prior to the 18.
Plus one.

Plenty of blame to go around.

I find it funny though...that people think Joe Bryan would have faired better because his body was fresher.

Antonee messed up...but also give Blackpool a little credit.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Kiwimike

"Conceding a poor goal isn't why we lost. It was not scoring with 70% possession that cost us"

:plus one:

The Rational Fan

The defending from Robinson is a joke.

Robinson has done well this season, but if we plays 46 games a season plus internationals then he his body won't be fully recovered before every game and opposition championship players will find weaknesses.

Robinson needs to be rotated sometimes and if his rotation partner proves of a similar standard (which is highly likely if Bryan is fit) then frequent rotation would be better. In three match game weeks, I'd be starting Bryan in at least once against one of the weaker teams.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 14, 2021, 12:21:48 AM
The defending from Robinson is a joke.

Robinson has done well this season, but if we plays 46 games a season plus internationals then he his body won't be fully recovered before every game and opposition championship players will find weaknesses.

Robinson needs to be rotated sometimes and if his rotation partner proves of a similar standard (which is highly likely if Bryan is fit) then frequent rotation would be better. In three match game weeks, I'd be starting Bryan in at least once against one of the weaker teams.

No excuses on the day it was poor game management from the moment the starting line up was selected.
But all credit to Blackpool they did their homework whereas we did not, and there will be more Blackpool's if we do not wise up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Kiwimike on September 13, 2021, 11:30:56 PM
"Conceding a poor goal isn't why we lost. It was not scoring with 70% possession that cost us"

:plus one:

I always blame our attack for a 0-1 defeat, if we can't score in 90 minutes of football don't look for scapegoats in defence.
If we had scored that goal we would be singing the praises of the scorer.