https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arter Joins On Loan

Started by Spirit of 2000, August 04, 2019, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Passed medical... year loan with  view to permanent

Aussie_Fulham

This is a great signing IMO. I have always really rated him. Think he will do really well with us. Welcome aboard Harry.

Mince n Tatties

Another loan....Seems we've lost our chequebook, or its all being kept for our bumper centre back signing whoever it is...Coyw

Asotosyios

A good signing? Maybe. A great signing? Definitely not.

Bracken White

A quick Arter precis, courtesy The Bournemouth Echo:

According to the Daily Echo, Fulham are set to profit from Bournemouth's generosity in allowing Harry Arter to go out on loan.
They say that the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland international "completed a medical yesterday" and that the recently relegated Londoners hope "to conclude a switch in the next 24 hours."

Arter joined south coast club Bournemouth for just £4,000 when signing on as a Cherry in 2015 and has progressed to making over 250 appearances for them as they've climbed the league structure – scoring 29 times for them in the process.

94 of those games (three goals/five assists) have come in the Premier League, and a glance further back in his career suggests the worth he will bring to a Fulham side looking to readjust to life in the Sky Bet Championship. At that level, Arter has 74 games worth of experience, 74 games that have led to 12 goals and seven assists.

Last season saw Arter make the temporary switch to Cardiff City, the central midfielder making 25 appearances for the Bluebirds in their unsuccessful battle against relegation from the Premier League.

After being left out of Bournemouth's last two friendly fixtures against Lazio and Lyon, the Echo say that Arter is "expected to complete his switch to Fulham", a club managed by Scott Parker, his brother-in-law.

Arter, who still has two years left to run on his current deal, will join a Fulham side who will be looking to bounce back from their opening day defeat to newly-promoted Barnsley. A player of his quality will surely be able to step straight into the Cottagers line-up and prove to be a positive influence on their upcoming fixtures
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

sunburywhite

I think he will add some bite and steel into the midfiels like Murphy did
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Aussie_Fulham

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 04, 2019, 02:56:32 PM
People were saying the likes of Seri and Anguissa were great signings this time last year. His football that he plays with us will ultimately tell us if he's a great signing or not, but I am confident he can be. Really like what I have seen from him.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 04, 2019, 03:10:43 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on August 04, 2019, 02:56:32 PM
People were saying the likes of Seri and Anguissa were great signings this time last year. His football that he plays with us will ultimately tell us if he's a great signing or not, but I am confident he can be. Really like what I have seen from him.
Seen more of him playing for Ireland than the Cherries but he strikes me as a hard working if not overly talented player. But an upgrade on what we've got so a good signing.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

snarks

Think it spells the end for KMac Arter and SteffJo with TC for me

Vinnieffc

Quote from: snarks on August 04, 2019, 03:30:42 PM
Yup

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Stueyd

We need more than three midfielders anyway so having KMac as a back up is no bad thing

WhiteJC

Quote from: Stueyd on August 04, 2019, 03:57:13 PM

We need more than three midfielders anyway so having KMac as a back up is no bad thing

problem is that KMac was our 'leader' last time in the Championship, for me he seamed to do far more organising than Tom

vbg cottager

Good signing I think. He could add some bite and fight to our midfield which we'll need.
Never knew that Scotty married Arter's sister?!? Think of that whatever you want regarding the decision to join us.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Was good then but slow. Now two years older!

Milo

Quote from: whitejc on August 04, 2019, 04:10:25 PM
Quote from: Stueyd on August 04, 2019, 03:57:13 PM

problem is that KMac was our 'leader' last time in the Championship, for me he seamed to do far more organising than Tom

I note on the highlights KMac turned and went ballistic at his defenders at one point!

hovewhite

Think Stefan can't be a certain starter either and the only one can is TC.

@jolslover

Not over the moon with this signing, may be solid but just one i can't get excited about
I think we need a CM who can spray the ball to the wingers (Knock/Cava) if we are going to be successful. Arter is not known for his passing ability to put it nicely
Hope he proves me wrong! I think he will do alright
STH H3

JoelH5

Over the moon.

After the shambles in DM yesterday, this is exactly what we need.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Hoppus

Slow and old, perfect fit!

Deeping_white

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 04, 2019, 05:03:28 PM
Over the moon.

After the shambles in DM yesterday, this is exactly what we need.

Arter isn't a DM though, he'd more likely be taking StefJo's place as he's a box to box player rather than a holding midfielder. Signing Besic sees the end of Kmac