Friends of Fulham

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Funky Fulham Dave on September 01, 2016, 09:31:20 PM

Title: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: Funky Fulham Dave on September 01, 2016, 09:31:20 PM
 :drums:

Included in luverly, luverly Sarah's interview with Slavisa is a rather wonderful preamble to a question she posed, part of which was: ".........everything that is gone is behind you.......".

Wow, like hey man, it's like I'm back in the 60's. Yea it reminds me of a line from CCS: Tap Turns on the Water, which I think our PR guru was listening to just before the interview.

Everybody join in;

"Tap turns on the water, see the water flow, acorn makes a forest, watch the forest grow, everything behind you, everything to come........................................."
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 10:20:35 AM
Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on September 01, 2016, 09:31:20 PM
:drums:

Included in luverly, luverly Sarah's interview with Slavisa is a rather wonderful preamble to a question she posed, part of which was: ".........everything that is gone is behind you.......".

Wow, like hey man, it's like I'm back in the 60's. Yea it reminds me of a line from CCS: Tap Turns on the Water, which I think our PR guru was listening to just before the interview.

Everybody join in;

"Tap turns on the water, see the water flow, acorn makes a forest, watch the forest grow, everything behind you, everything to come........................................."


Collective Consciousness Society.
A group of predominately session musicians, a mix of rock, jazz and big band brought together to produce an impressive sound to rival the best bands around.
Maybe there's a metaphor somewhere?
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: Lighthouse on September 02, 2016, 10:29:54 AM
Alexis Korner

Now that is going to go around and around in my head all day. Did you ever?
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: domprague on September 02, 2016, 11:44:18 AM
Best thread on here for ages. Many thanks.
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
It got me on youtube to catch a few of the "CCS" performances.

And then I clicked onto a link to "Badfinger" and whilst listening to their work I remembered all the grief they went through.

Gotta snap out of it and go about my business.
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: Lighthouse on September 02, 2016, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
It got me on youtube to catch a few of the "CCS" performances.

And then I clicked onto a link to "Badfinger" and whilst listening to their work I remembered all the grief they went through.

Gotta snap out of it and go about my business.

Takes me back. I still have one of their 45s - 'If you want it'
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: Holders on September 02, 2016, 01:26:07 PM
Is the "worst band from the 70s" thread, then? I'll see your CCS and raise you Sweet.
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 04:01:44 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 02, 2016, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
It got me on youtube to catch a few of the "CCS" performances.

And then I clicked onto a link to "Badfinger" and whilst listening to their work I remembered all the grief they went through.

Gotta snap out of it and go about my business.

Takes me back. I still have one of their 45s - 'If you want it'

Thanks for the offer but I have a couple of their CD's.

P.S. "Did I hear your say that there must be a catch"     :005:
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Holders on September 02, 2016, 01:26:07 PM
Is the "worst band from the 70s" thread, then? I'll see your CCS and raise you Sweet.

You can't compare the two bands, do some research, they might not be your taste but there was some quality musicians involved in CCS.
Even ardent Led Zepplin fans were impressed with the cover of "Whole lotta love" etc.
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: Whitesideup on September 02, 2016, 04:58:25 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Holders on September 02, 2016, 01:26:07 PM
Is the "worst band from the 70s" thread, then? I'll see your CCS and raise you Sweet.

You can't compare the two bands, do some research, they might not be your taste but there was some quality musicians involved in CCS.
Even ardent Led Zepplin fans were impressed with the cover of "Whole lotta love" etc.
Agree with the latter - and good live as well.
Title: Re: Tap Turns on the Water
Post by: RaySmith on September 02, 2016, 08:24:02 PM
Bert Weedon, the guitarist mainly membered now for  writing a very influential  manual of  instruction in playing the guitar, used by many 60's rock stars  when growing up -'Play in a Day' - passed away a couple of years ago.
RIP