News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Tap Turns on the Water

Started by Funky Fulham Dave, September 01, 2016, 09:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funky Fulham Dave

 :drums:

Included in luverly, luverly Sarah's interview with Slavisa is a rather wonderful preamble to a question she posed, part of which was: ".........everything that is gone is behind you.......".

Wow, like hey man, it's like I'm back in the 60's. Yea it reminds me of a line from CCS: Tap Turns on the Water, which I think our PR guru was listening to just before the interview.

Everybody join in;

"Tap turns on the water, see the water flow, acorn makes a forest, watch the forest grow, everything behind you, everything to come........................................."

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on September 01, 2016, 09:31:20 PM
:drums:

Included in luverly, luverly Sarah's interview with Slavisa is a rather wonderful preamble to a question she posed, part of which was: ".........everything that is gone is behind you.......".

Wow, like hey man, it's like I'm back in the 60's. Yea it reminds me of a line from CCS: Tap Turns on the Water, which I think our PR guru was listening to just before the interview.

Everybody join in;

"Tap turns on the water, see the water flow, acorn makes a forest, watch the forest grow, everything behind you, everything to come........................................."


Collective Consciousness Society.
A group of predominately session musicians, a mix of rock, jazz and big band brought together to produce an impressive sound to rival the best bands around.
Maybe there's a metaphor somewhere?

Lighthouse

Alexis Korner

Now that is going to go around and around in my head all day. Did you ever?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


domprague

Best thread on here for ages. Many thanks.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

bill taylors apprentice

It got me on youtube to catch a few of the "CCS" performances.

And then I clicked onto a link to "Badfinger" and whilst listening to their work I remembered all the grief they went through.

Gotta snap out of it and go about my business.

Lighthouse

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
It got me on youtube to catch a few of the "CCS" performances.

And then I clicked onto a link to "Badfinger" and whilst listening to their work I remembered all the grief they went through.

Gotta snap out of it and go about my business.

Takes me back. I still have one of their 45s - 'If you want it'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


Holders

Is the "worst band from the 70s" thread, then? I'll see your CCS and raise you Sweet.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

#7
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 02, 2016, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
It got me on youtube to catch a few of the "CCS" performances.

And then I clicked onto a link to "Badfinger" and whilst listening to their work I remembered all the grief they went through.

Gotta snap out of it and go about my business.

Takes me back. I still have one of their 45s - 'If you want it'

Thanks for the offer but I have a couple of their CD's.

P.S. "Did I hear your say that there must be a catch"     :005:

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Holders on September 02, 2016, 01:26:07 PM
Is the "worst band from the 70s" thread, then? I'll see your CCS and raise you Sweet.

You can't compare the two bands, do some research, they might not be your taste but there was some quality musicians involved in CCS.
Even ardent Led Zepplin fans were impressed with the cover of "Whole lotta love" etc.


Whitesideup

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 02, 2016, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Holders on September 02, 2016, 01:26:07 PM
Is the "worst band from the 70s" thread, then? I'll see your CCS and raise you Sweet.

You can't compare the two bands, do some research, they might not be your taste but there was some quality musicians involved in CCS.
Even ardent Led Zepplin fans were impressed with the cover of "Whole lotta love" etc.
Agree with the latter - and good live as well.

RaySmith

Bert Weedon, the guitarist mainly membered now for  writing a very influential  manual of  instruction in playing the guitar, used by many 60's rock stars  when growing up -'Play in a Day' - passed away a couple of years ago.
RIP