watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You Heard It Here First

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 27, 2018, 05:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Fulham and Newcastle lining up swap deal with Cairney going North and Jonjo Shelvey heading South.

HillingdonFFC

Could really see this happening because I've heard that Shelvey is on a list of players Ranieri gave Tony Khan. Also think its fairly evident CR not overly sold on Cairney, doesnt work hard enough without the ball

Moltobueno

well if that happens, newcastle will be the only winner here

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 27, 2018, 07:29:31 AM

Whys that? Shelvey has done it in the Premier league & despite being a big Tom Cairney fan I'm having serious doubts about his ability to make the step up.
TC great with the ball at his feet but hes a borderline liablity without it.

grandad

Can´t stand the thug. Shelve this idea.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andyb

elgreenio

wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

The only way he stays and is useful is in a 4-3-3 which doesn't seem to be how CR wants to play, and TC cannot play in a midfield 2.

On paper it looks good but obviously never quite happened :

Chambers - screen in front of the defence
Seri - the mix between the two, able to get around the pitch and make an influence on both sides of the ball
TC - responsible for getting forward and being at the heart of our creative play in the final third
touch my camera through the fence

Andyb

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4135/Jonjo-Shelvey/stats

Look at his stats, 28 yellows and 4 reds in  180 premier league games, hardly a thug...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on December 27, 2018, 08:28:46 AM
Can´t stand the thug. Shelve this idea.

Why is he a thug?because he shows a bit of passion.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Andyb on December 27, 2018, 08:33:04 AM
https://www.premierleague.com/players/4135/Jonjo-Shelvey/stats

Look at his stats, 28 yellows and 4 reds in  180 premier league games, hardly a thug...

Yep & a London (well Romford anyway) lad too. Lot of people think hes the best English passer of a ball & a bit more dynamic than Cairney when not in possession.
Love Tom but think the writings on the wall, not unless Ranieri wants to bin Tony Khans marquee signing in Seri & I cant see that

Woolly Mammoth

Unless he gets his act together, If Tom is going to cop the hump for one reason or another then sadly it may be time to consider his future.
I would take Shelvey, a really passionate competitor and has the potential to be a class act under the right manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Based on his cameo performances yesterday I would have to vehemently disagree with you

bog

If he can behave himself Shelvey is a very good player. Should have been in the last World Cup squad.

092.gif

Holders

I would have thought that we'd get change out of this deal until yesterday. But that's only one performance of course, albeit an important one.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 27, 2018, 07:06:15 AM
Could really see this happening because I've heard that Shelvey is on a list of players Ranieri gave Tony Khan. Also think its fairly evident CR not overly sold on Cairney, doesnt work hard enough without the ball
Mr. Hillingdon, I'm sure we'd all be interested to know who else might be on that list.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

simplyfulham

Quote from: SG on December 27, 2018, 09:29:41 AM

Based on his cameo performances yesterday I would have to vehemently disagree with you

Based on 17 minutes of football vs the rest of the 951 minutes he's played this season?

Based on 17 minutes of football vs the 11,308 minutes of competitive football he's played in a white shirt?

:54:  yeah top stuff there fella, keep it up.

toshes mate

Seems, to my memory at least, Cairney has some form regarding 'petulance', if that is the all embracing correct word to describe what he tends towards.  However, in his defence, I would suggest the current midfield is hardly set up to accommodate his style.  As others have asked I'd also love to know who is on Ranieri's January list, because, at the moment, I just do not see us getting out of trouble any time soon. 

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on December 27, 2018, 09:58:48 AM
Seems, to my memory at least, Cairney has some form regarding 'petulance', if that is the all embracing correct word to describe what he tends towards.  However, in his defence, I would suggest the current midfield is hardly set up to accommodate his style.  As others have asked I'd also love to know who is on Ranieri's January list, because, at the moment, I just do not see us getting out of trouble any time soon.
Regardless whether or not  it's his style or playing out of position, one of the continued moans for want of a better word is not putting in the effort, IF he is throwing a sulk then he should be ashamed of himself.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I know who would be on my list apart from Jonjo Shelvey........there is ......
Nathanial Clyne, Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater, Jermaine Defoe, Victor Moses to name but a few.
To help get us out of the bottom three.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
I know who would be on my list apart from Jonjo Shelvey........there is ......
Nathanial Clyne, Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater, Jermaine Defoe, Victor Moses to name but a few.
To help get us out of the bottom three.

We spent nearly £30m on Frank, surely we can tempt Stoke to let us have Joe Allen for £20m??