watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why is Ranieri still here?

Started by ffcne, February 25, 2019, 10:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

After not backing him fully in transfer window .
They obviously thought he was'nt up to getting us out of this mess.
So surely should have got rid at the end of January.
And taken a chance with Parker.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcne on February 25, 2019, 10:29:00 AM

If we for argument's sake assume that they didn't try to back him in the transfer window, it is still not obvious that they thought that Ranieri was the problem. They may still think that he was and is the right choice for all we know.

It is also not obvious that Parker is the better alternative.

With the above said, I wouldn't be sad if they sacked Ranieri. I don't get the impression that he knows how to work with the players we have. Maybe the players are not good enough (and frankly, lots of things point to that) but I am fairly sure that they are at least better than what is currently being displayed in the games.

ffcne

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 25, 2019, 10:35:43 AM

If we for argument's sake assume that they didn't try to back him in the transfer window, it is still not obvious that they thought that Ranieri was the problem. They may still think that he was and is the right choice for all we know.

With the above said, I wouldn't be sad if they sacked Ranieri. I don't get the impression that he knows how to work with the players we have. Maybe the players are not good enough (and frankly, lots of things point to that) but I am fairly sure that they are at least better than what is currently being displayed in the games.

A couple of decent signings and who knows.
Could have been the boost we needed .
Ranieri seems to have given up.
Just like the players.

grumpy

On the subject of firing people, can anyone tell me why Brian Talbot and his son are still employed by the club, and what do they do apart from presumably scouting future opponents?

Jamie88

Quote from: grumpy on February 25, 2019, 11:29:30 AM
On the subject of firing people, can anyone tell me why Brian Talbot and his son are still employed by the club, and what do they do apart from presumably scouting future opponents?

Correct, it does seem odd to me that in professional football, managers come and go in the blink of an eye and yet backroom staff who may also be heavily to blame are kept on

Nero

Hes probably not been sacked because we have a relegation clause where we can get rid of him on the cheap

HV71

Talbots and the Khans - we used to be seen as a family club for all the right reasons  - now I'm not quite as sure

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ffcne on February 25, 2019, 10:42:09 AM

A couple of decent signings and who knows.
Could have been the boost we needed .
Ranieri seems to have given up.
Just like the players.

Every want Scott Parker, but proving that Parker is not upto the Premier League and then giving him a job in the Championship with the goal to get promoted seems mad.

Neil D

You're right about Parker.  Wanting Parker as manager is the Pavlovian reaction of desperate fans - let's have one of our own in charge etc.  Parker may well make a decent manager one day but this is not the job to cut his teeth on.  It's hard to see how any manager could get this expensively assembled team of misfits playing consistently well.  It just isn't fit for purpose.  So, sacking Ranieri now - even in the summer - would not address the current problem.  We need a new squad which a summer fire sale and terminated loans will bring about anyway.